Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what will happen in the winter transfer window
joey barton will do a thing
big sam will do a thing
arsenal fans will meltdown
manchester united fans will meltdown
both sets of fans will melt down
gay for pay 3rd party ownership
Tons of Liverpool fanfiction
View Results

• Locked thread
Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

West ham are dumb enough to value Walcott at 50 million pounds too.

we are, and Arsene will still not sign payet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

pik_d posted:

How good?

he's a midfielder who can pass and tackle, I reckon he'd start for city

as a cb

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Moktaro posted:

And still be an improvement over Stones.

Stones will be fine, everybody forgets that Lampard and Ferdinand were both total shite for west ham for several years, and Ferdinand was crap at leeds. It's incredibly rare to find a young defender who has everything he needs *and* can hold 90 minutes concentration twice a week.

e; lol ferdinand left leeds two years before the relegation, my bad

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

sassassin posted:

Because English players with "potential" always improve over time.

He's shite and has peaked.

you'll be wrong on this

Stones will be good, we used to take the piss out of ashley cole for being a shite defender, now we take the piss out of him failing to satisfy cheryl. Sometimes things change.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Shrapnig posted:

No, you see Ferdinand was poo poo and that's why Leeds made him the most expensive defender of all time when they signed him from West Ham and then made him the most expensive defender of all time again when they sold him to United.

Duh.

Ferdinand wasn't a poo poo player but he used to bomb forward loving constantly at west ham and his idea of sitting deep was the half way line. It was clear he would be good if someone would be able to make him stop doing that; that started to show a bit at leeds and then the United deal was a surprise at the time, but one that ended up working out.

I don't think Stones will ever be as good with any other player as that ridiculous few years Ferdinand/Vidic had but concentration issues are one of the few things young defenders can improve on

also Big Titus was legit at Wigan and suffered the shay given curse too long

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

blue footed boobie posted:

Jermain Defoe is thirty four years old.

his last season was his best ever in England I think? It was def better than any of his west ham seasons and he's better than anyone we've got

Vardy and noted success story Carl Jenkinson.

Cresswell and Antonio, p much everyone ever signed under Moyes, Dele Alli, Lallana should've been an obvious one a long time ago, lower leagues are always a handy source of talent. Six months before starting for Man U smalling was playing for margate and getting ready for uni.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

sebzilla posted:

And before that, Maidstone

they're both really poo poo and close

I wasn't really trying to make points with either of these things, except that Carl Jenkinson is bad and Jermain Defoe is 34 years old.

Carl Jenkinson was good and then he was the first player to go up against mahrez that season rip

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Jose posted:

If zaza had played 3 more times for West Ham they'd have had to sign him for £20m

that's why we've had a 16 year old forward on the bench all month

it's also why fletcher played loads of games despite clearly not being good enough

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Gold and Sullivan are a pair of chancers and the fact they think they can manage a football club is still hilarious even though I support the club

I mean they publically dissed Bony and after that worked so well, did the same to charlie austin. And put Martin o'Neill off by leaking the deal through Sully Jr.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Daktari posted:

With shitlers like Nordtveit and Collins, West Ham needs improvements. Need a FB as well, since Byram is crap as a winger when they go 3 center backs.

Let's just hope they're putting in a proper bid, unlike the lol bids for Snodgrass and Defoe

aging player at 18 months old? lol bid and huge wages

I don't understand how anyone looks at west ham's squad and performances and think Jose Fonte is a relevant suggestion
e; lol he's older than collins this really is a loving idiotic move for everyone involved except Fonte's agent

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Andrew Ayew got malaria

this does not affect west ham's squad in any way

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Not that big a deal. Recovery time for malaria is normally about 2 weeks. Add another two weeks to that to get him back up to full fitness and he'll only be out 2 weeks longer than he would have been for AFCON anyway.

Lil' Jack has confirmed that Fonte has passed his medical and are just waiting for Southampton to sign. Still think it's a weird transfer. Only thing I can think of is that he wants to bring in someone who can function as captain so Noble can be dropped and Kouyate/Obiang can partner midfield.

Noble's been a weakness at times this year and I honestly think he's best as second choice for all 3 midfielders, with obiang/kouyate/lanz doing their seperate things.

Jose posted:

Don't west ham have only 2 centre backs

Reid, Collins, Ogbonna, then a bunch of match ready youngsters

Collins is old and limited and Ogbonna's been a bit crap this year

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

3 plus Kouyate (who played as CB most of his career before Big Sam decided that he's much better suited for midfield) and Oxford (debatable whether he's ready to start matches or not). Nordveidt can also play CB but he's been shite this season so he doesn't count.

EDIT: DONE DEAL

https://twitter.com/WestHamUtd/status/822545406978560005

It's weird to think that Jose Fonte played every knockout game of euro 2016 and won. He's the perfect unnoticeable good footballer, and I always believed in him

watch him start at RB

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

he was the best player we've had in the modern era and our first ballon d'or candidate. I hope he goes home and has fun and plays good football.

Lol at how badly Gold and Sullivan have hosed us, could've sent him to Inter in the summer for way more and we'd have been better off in the league

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

I'm high a lot these days but I've just realised that west ham, desperately in need of a striker and a right back, are about to end the transfer window having bought nobody but snodgrass and fonte while losing payet

it's a bit funny

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Blue Star Error posted:

Snodgrass is better than Payet

yeah but so are lanzini and ayew and antonio and feghouli

meanwhile we have the choice of youth or midfielders for defence.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Jose posted:

lol that he's going to villa after west ham spent all transfer window trying to sign him

i really wish newcastle would sign a creative midfielder because we're loving poo poo when shelvey doesn't play

we agreed terms ages ago, the owners refuse to pay £15m

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

I'm amazed that Sissoko has spent so many years on the wing where he is so utterly useless

• Locked thread