Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what will happen in the winter transfer window
joey barton will do a thing
big sam will do a thing
arsenal fans will meltdown
manchester united fans will meltdown
both sets of fans will melt down
gay for pay 3rd party ownership
Tons of Liverpool fanfiction
View Results

• Locked thread
PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Carlos Tevez is off to Shanghai for...

*rubs eyes*

£615,000 per week

What is wrong with these Chinese idiots? Not only is the salary ridiculous, they've paid €84M to Boja Juniors to sign this 32 year old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

blue footed boobie posted:

Also according to the Guardian, United have turned down a 19m bid from Everton for Schneiderlin. Seems a bit weird since he's done gently caress all since United bought him for what feels like forever ago.

No reason to keep selling low like United used to do. He's decent backup and we'll probably have to buy someone new when he and Schweinsteiger have left.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
If only someone would offer £19m for Mempiss Depay :pray: :pray: :pray:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Alexeythegreat posted:

Witsel to Shandong Tianjing Shamndong Guangzhou Everdong is a done deal

http://en.fc-zenit.ru/news/feed/2017/01/03/aksel-vitsel-prodolzhit-kareru-v-kitae/

*signs up to spend peak years of a very short professional career in a place where you could contract lung disease by leaving the house without wearing a mask*

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

A left winger/forward? Nooo. Everton were supposed to be signing Depay :eng99:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
What happened with that Swedish Benfica twat who United were supposedly paying stupid money for?

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

julian assflange posted:

United didn't want to meet the release clause which is pretty high and I think it was a knee jerk to the bad start of the season. Last reputable article I read suggested they had told Benfica they were no longer interested

It might have been a baseless rumor but I seem to remember he signed a new deal after United became interested, which increased his release clause. Loyal, but not the wisest move. United's cooling off might be real or might be a bargaining tactic.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

julian assflange posted:

Possibly but they need him less than they did 3 months ago anyway. Only Bailly is missing from the squad and everyone else seems to be performing okay.

As long as the voodoo that keeps Jones fit is in effect :ohdear:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Good deal for both clubs. We get a decent amount for a player who never features, Everton get a solid player.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
BBC:

quote:

Manchester United have agreed a deal to sell Memphis Depay to French club Lyon.

It is thought the fee is £16m rising to £21.7m, with the add-ons including Lyon qualifying for the Champions League and Depay getting a new contract.

This is fantastic. We are recouping all or nearly all we paid for him (€31m including bonuses, worth around £20m upfront at the time)

:woop: :woop: :woop: We are getting rid of a truly useless shithead and Man Utd are no longer Bad At Selling :woop: :woop: :woop:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

They sold him for half of what they bought him for two years ago...

Did you even read my post? He cost around £20m upfront. We are getting £16m+.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

vyelkin posted:

I like how you include add-ons in the sale price but not the purchase price, also the pound was worth a lot more when you bought him

Good that you like it. I didn't include the add-ons in the sale price, I said £16m+. Because Memphis has been utter poo poo and barely played, I assume no add-ons have been paid from Man Utd to the Dutch club. The pound was worth a lot more, thus €27m or whatever it was was only £20m at the time. In any case, getting €20m for a player bought for €27m, after a long period of not playing and being poo poo in the few chances he got, is good business, and shows that Utd under Mourinho don't offload players in the pathetic manner they used to.

PirateBob fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jan 20, 2017

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

This but about Chelsea selling de Buyrne

Hm yes we'll all sing Mempiss' praises when he returns for £54m to the prem in a few years. Or not.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

trem_two posted:

Pato is off to China, €18m transfer fee after Villareal paid €3m for him in the summer.

Grenier had a medical with Roma, 6 month loan with a permanent option. I haven't paid much attention to Ligue 1 for a while, but he used to be quite good, hasn't really played this year though.

What the hell is it with Chinese clubs and overpaying needlessly? £60m for Oscar for instance, why not offer £40-50m

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

ephex posted:

Chinese currency bubble, people are trying to get their money out of the country as fast as possible

By giving it away?

• Locked thread