Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what will happen in the winter transfer window
joey barton will do a thing
big sam will do a thing
arsenal fans will meltdown
manchester united fans will meltdown
both sets of fans will melt down
gay for pay 3rd party ownership
Tons of Liverpool fanfiction
View Results

• Locked thread
Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Hello friends. Now that you've had your roasts, your spherical cranberries, your Christmas feasts, it's time to embrace the shower of poo poo that is the Winter Transfer Window Thread. In this thread we will discuss your team of cunts potentially signing additional cunts. We will also discuss Newcastle's expenditure in order to cement their place as champions of the Championship (the best league in the world).

Transfers so far:
Chelsea have done it again and have continued their festive tradition of sending a garbage Brazilian off to China, this year allowing Oscar to join his fellow countryman Ramires. They may even play for the same team but the names are all garbage and I'm not going to look it up
Some German guy named Draxler is joining PSG to eat croissants and get knocked out of the Champions League in the round of 16.
Returning to the Premier League is super oval office Joey Barton, who once put a cigar out in a kid's eye, under a cloud of betting accusations. He's signed a 1 year deal, or maybe it's more or less, who gives a gently caress because he'll do something dumb and get sacked.

You can sign up for alerts here for your gaggle of failmen: https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2016/dec/21/transfer-window-january-2017-all-the-latest-moves-and-news-interactive

This is a troll free zone so please behave accordingly. NO TROLLS!

any bold use thats not verified by the club's official media channel will result in an immediate 1 month probation except for Gigi who can do whatever he wants

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jan 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

oliwan posted:

so apparently ronald turned down a 300 million move to China, where he would've made 100 million a year

Make a guaranteed salary of a fuckton and gently caress your way through Madrid or go to China, maybe get paid a couple times and die of boredom and smog, hmmm

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Frankston posted:

Our defence is fine now minus Hutton. Chester and Baker are a class partnership and Amavi is a top talent for the future. It's just RB we have a problem with because we bought De Laet but then he got injured for the whole season so we're relying on Alan Hutton who is terrible, but he tries at least.

What we need is a solid keeper who won't gently caress up at least once every game and two new midfielders. And a striker I guess because Ayew and Kodjia are off to Africa and Gestede is gone.

I can't believe Alan Hutton is still under contract at Villa

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

pubic money

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I don't care what happens but I want Sunderland to get relegated, pls

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

jyrka posted:

It doesn't matter who the players are or who the manager is. Sunderland will not get relegated.

10 years in the prem, time for a change imo

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

he's a loving muppet with bad hair

i

rest

my

case

Literally Lewis Hamilton fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jan 5, 2017

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

vyelkin posted:

He's a 33-year-old Portuguese centre back so expect Mourinho to sign him asap

Maybe they can keep him around as a CB version of Hilario

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Wasn't it Drogba originally

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

fat greasy puto posted:

can a mod edit "tons of liverpool fanfiction" into the poll so i can vote for that please

ok

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

just kidding i thought as OP i could but i can't and now i look even more dumb than usual, going to kill myself now

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

He's got to be worth more because Hull are getting relegated for sure without him. I think they used an extension in his contract as well.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Her Dryer posted:

In Scottish transfer news: Rangers have signed American midfielder Emerson Hyndman on loan from Bournemouth, and I think they are going to sign another midfielder, Jon Toral on loan from Arsenal.

Hearts have signed OAP Aaron Hughes on a short term deal.

Celtic have all but signed 19 year old J. Christ Koussai Eboue from Krasnodar, famous for his nice meltdown

Lmao at #22 in that video

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I thought it was some indicator he might have spinal problems iirc

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Blue Star Error posted:

Swansea have agreed a £5m fee for Norwich left back Martin Olsson. He must be gunning for Bassong's relegation record.

Bassong is a oval office and deserves it imo

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I didn't say done deal mate

re-read the OP mate

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Why would Payet go to Marseille? Surely they can't pay him as much?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I have definitely heard of these players

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Vanderlei Luxemburgo

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I can't find any proof that Delefeu tweet existed so GG I think you know what must be done

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Fall on your sword

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

All right all right fine.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Gaston is a fraud

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Still amazed how much we got for Sissoko

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

He looked good but no goals and no assists during the whole Euro IIRC

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

oliwan posted:

Tim Krul to Watford?

He's left Ajax so looking likely

Newcastle want to swap Townsend for Mbemba

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Cheik Tiote is finally loving off, incredible.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Steven Caulker, a Liverpool panic loan signing who was playing as a striker despite being a defender, is off to Russia

I love transfer day

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

how did we end up with rudy loving gestede and patrick "please save me" bamford and this shitter

You're signing for Middlesboro?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Obertan to Wigan

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Krul to AZ Alkmaar is a done deal

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The Chinese transfer window is open for awhile longer but nobody cares so bye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU