Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what will happen in the winter transfer window
joey barton will do a thing
big sam will do a thing
arsenal fans will meltdown
manchester united fans will meltdown
both sets of fans will melt down
gay for pay 3rd party ownership
Tons of Liverpool fanfiction
View Results

• Locked thread
RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
there is a nice flyover. you can see factories from it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Pissflaps posted:

Plenty of bigger names have been attracted in the past maybe you're just a bigot? London is a shithole.

Middlesbrough better than London you heard it here first lmao

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

it's just a shite town in the north sorry

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Bape Culture posted:

I don't know who you support or where you live so I'm at a loss for burns. Sorry.

im from london but i support fc kairat

we have arshavin

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Bape Culture posted:

Apparently boro have had an offer for gestede accepeted. What a complete and utter loving waste of money. Mans a wasteman. I'm losing faith in karanka if this is the type of signings he's wanting.

you've scored exactly 0 goals this season

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Weaponized Cum posted:

which are controlled by the government. its all a loving PR campaign.

nuke china

I love the Chinese league because it makes Americans insanely butthurt

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Sandwolf posted:

That's a relief. I was a little tender over him going to China. Guess Hernanes isn't going anywhere.

also I think a lot of the anger towards the Chinese league is them robbing leagues people actually watch of decent players.

yeah but who cares. Why shouldn't there be a decent league outside of Europe? It's not going to be perfect immediately

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Gigi Galli posted:

Juve spent 32 million on him, Arsenal have spent more than that precisely three times in their history.

How many times has Juve spent more? Genuinely curious

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Gigi Galli posted:

6 apparently. Now I wonder who has spent more than that other than the usual suspects. Maybe 3 is an average number.

6 seems like a lot to me. i dont think city even has that many big ticket signings

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Ok city has 7 but 3 of them are 32m exactly

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Jose posted:

they signed 3 players for £50m this summer

I'm pretty sure just stones and sane. And sane was much less

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

oh right. pre brexit pounds

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Jose posted:

sky are saying west ham have had a £6m bid for defoe rejected and they're going to bid more. Sunderland are definitely down if they sell defoe

moyes is gonna rage quit before the end of January. you heard it here first

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
lol that scouting the lower divisions for talent is considered a joke but paying 50m for the latest one season wonder is considered not a joke

just lol

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

blue footed boobie posted:

Jermain Defoe is thirty four years old.

he bangs them in op

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

MrBling posted:

West Ham have literally told Moyes to name his price.

haha like moyes has any input

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Bape Culture posted:

Where's the info about Chinese clubs paying a fella for only a bit? Like where'd it come from?

the daily mail?? racism???

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
What's everyone's favourite transfer so far?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

JFairfax posted:

Cohen Bramall - Arsenal's unlikely new recruit - is attempting to sum up a whirlwind few weeks.

One minute the 20-year-old is working at a car plant while playing part-time for Hednesford Town in the Northern Premier League, the next he's training at a Premier League club.

"I was working in Crewe for Bentley Motors," he tells BBC Sport.

"I was on the production line, filling up cars with gasses, brake fluid, washer fluid and all that. Day in day out, Monday to Friday, 6.30am until 5.15pm.

"I enjoyed it but when you're doing those shifts, then training on Tuesday and Thursday, going from Crewe to Birmingham, and playing on Saturday it's pretty tiring."

But his busy schedule hit a setback just days before Christmas.

"I got made redundant by Bentley on the Tuesday [20 December], which was crazy because I didn't know what I was going to do," he explains.

"I needed a full-time wage coming in, not a part-time wage from Hednesford, so I started thinking of getting a new job."

The following day, however, his world was turned upside down.

"My agent rings me on the Wednesday saying you've got a trial at Arsenal," Bramall recalls. "I was like 'what?' - I was gobsmacked.

"He said pack your stuff and get to this postcode, so I packed all my stuff in about an hour, got there as fast as I could, slept for a bit, then the next minute I'm in training with the first team.

"It was crazy how quick everything happened, how I met everyone and they just took me straight in. I had to take the opportunity with both hands."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38536635

heartwarming stuff op

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

julian assflange posted:

Lots of footballers have agents

Do you have a source for this?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

jyrka posted:

In the 7th tier in England, do they? I genuinely don't know. I would have guessed they wouldn't have considering they aren't even full time footballers.

I think that young footballers trying to play professionally all have agents.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Akileese posted:

Chelsea recalled Nathan Ake with "immediate effect" which seems...really loving weird?

that's not at all weird. do you know how loans work?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
I'm pretty sure conte wants to see if ake can play as a wing back. he has no cover for that position

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Jose posted:

payet has thrown his toys out of the pram and is refusing to play for west ham

just came to post this. bilic has gone into angry vindictive slav overdrive

:munch:

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Gigi Galli posted:

Ranocchia has turned down offers from West Ham and Hull apparently, Inter is desperately trying to get rid of him but he wont move. West Ham and Hull should be loving thrilled he turned them down, he's one of the worst defenders in Italy.

so one of the best defenders in england?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Ninpo posted:

Well how is he supposed to afford to live in London on 40k a week

very carefully

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
im tumescent over recent developments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU