Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I remember soon after the allegations I heard an NPR story that was basically "in the face of these allegations let's remind people of his history in the industry and of all the good he did" and it was like gently caress you NPR you're not supposed to suck quite this badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Wulfolme posted:

well, i hadn’t heard a lot of that.

maybe disney and pixar will be better off. I don’t know, but if people want to remember him like they remember Walt, it won’t be the end of the world

This was like in direct response to the allegations. I fins it to be a pretty hosed reaction to hear of a guy being a serial harasser of women who made the workplace miserable and to just push out a new story going "well let's looks at the good he did" in response.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Wulfolme posted:

I do not trust someone’s motivations when they get a massive change that is exactly what they wanted but they’re still pissy about it when the news stories just aren’t angry enough.

Once again this was a response made by NPR after the allegations and not after any consequences and even if this wasn't the case why would it be ok to report on a story about a guy leaving due to sexual harrasment allegations by doing a story about all the good poo poo he did?

Also what the gently caress is wrong with you?

Like seriously, animation is an industry that constantly actually attempts to caters to women and girls and to make that industry inhospitable for women to actually get in on is inexcusable. I love his work but gently caress John Lassiter

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
As much as I complained about Be Prepared being take out of the Lion King, these live action remakes would be even more pointless if they made no changes from the original and were the same movie but not cartoons

Dumbo will probably be bad but the story also isn't much of a stretch for Burton and honestly already fits the story he always tells way better than Alice in Wonderland

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

paradoxGentleman posted:

What is the story he always tells? The movies of his that I remember seeing are Nightmare Before Christmas and Alice in Wonderland, and beyond the whole "travel to another world" thing I can't think of a lot of things in common.

He loves to tell the story of someone who is an outcast but in the end becomes beloved or saves the day with the thing that makes them an outcast.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SarahKSilverman/status/1027650101378994176

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
For the record, I believe the plot of Wreck it Ralph 2 is that they need to go online to try and find a part for one of the arcade machines that broke down or something of that nature.

I don't remember exactly where I heard that though so I might be pulling that from no where.