Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Was Kubo the only good animated movie this year? Was Kaguya this year? And only Batman looks good next year. Bleh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

No, Moana and Trolls were both good. Zootopia and Finding Dory were good too, and I actually kind of liked Kung Fu Panda 3 and Secret life of Pets. Oh, and Storks was weird but still had some good gags.

Yeah I havent seen Moana, but trolls/pets/panda/storks all looked like dreck from trailers, and I fell asleep during Dory and zootopia had about 2 good jokes and was pretty but otherwise mediocre.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Hedrigall posted:

Maybe the toon game isn't for you

Lol. Monsters Inc is one of my favorite movies bro.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Egbert Souse posted:

Perfect double feature: Hot Fuzz and Zootopia

Hot Fuzz and Hot Fuzz

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Isnt the mlp reboot like a decade old now? The girls who grew up with it are on facebook now

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Hell, they could make flubber 2: electric boogerloogie, with a creepy robin williams cgi face.

God, I hope they stop that poo poo.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Drifter posted:

Gave my brother and sisterinlaw a day off from their kids and took the nephews to see Sing. It was inoffensively bland. There was no point to it, but it served the purpose of sitting down for two hours. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't interesting or good, either. I won't remember it after tomorrow. More fun than Secret Life of Pets, at least.

I enjoyed the milfy pig when she dressed up as a slutty Evil Queen from Snow White. Did I though? I don't know. I noticed it, I guess. "Enjoy" isn't a thing that this movie produces - maybe 'recognize' is a better term.

There were no bad guys aside from tertiary ones - a banker was rude, and gangster bears wanted to collect money from one of the show singers. The kids liked it, but I could've saved my money by putting on four episodes of Shawn the Sheep at home.

I would suggest you don't waste your time. You definitely don't need to pay theater prices when you watch it. You should feel zero urgency to see it.

There were seeds of interesting characters, the unappreciated/neglected/stuck-in-a-rut pig mom, the emotionally abused porcupine girl, the not-following-in-his-dad's-footsteps gorilla, the...uh...Frank Sinatra mouse, the other ones. It's all washed away and/or resolved in insultingly simplistic fashions. None of it stayed interesting beyond the minute-long character introductions.

I'm taking them to see Trolls tomorrow. :allears:
I hope the Bergens don't scare them. When I was five I was afraid of the California Raisins for three months, so who fuckin' knows?

Oh man I loved the raisins, it was hilarious and had awesome music.

https://youtu.be/jX5bszW1smc
https://youtu.be/674ZPMoQLR4

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
The Ducktales movie was probably the best dtv movie (or was it theatrical?).

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Guy Mann posted:

It's easily the best movie whose climax involves Bob Hoskins dropping rhymes about balls.

That man was gold in the 90's. Roger, Mario, Hook :krad:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Boxman posted:

Entertainment Weekly has a first-look at Cars 3, and if the thesis of Cars was "people ignore what made Route 66 great," the thesis of Cars 3 might be "Millennials are brats."

The Millennial thing seems to be some editorializing from EW, but you have to think Pixar signed off on it. If this isn't about those gosh darned millennials and their sense of entitlement it feels like this movie's villain is just Lightning from the first movie. Either way this doesn't seem great?

So it's yet another movie with Lassiter preaching about the old days? That's basically every movie he's done, I think he's beat that horse enough.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
The Last Temptation of Lightning McQueen

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Gravity Falls is really drat good.

Stephen Universe annoyed me when I tried to watch it (quite some time ago) but I watched it right on the heels of Adventure Time and expected something similar, which it really isn't, so I may not have given it the chance it deserved.

How's adventure time these days? I stopped watching back in 2013 when it was getting up its own rear end more than venture bros and dethklok.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

DrakePegasus posted:

It should also be mentioned that these characters are actually voiced by Keith David and the late Rowdy Rodney Piper.

Oh man what ep was that?!

My fav eps were prob in season 2/3, out of the 5 seasons I saw. Ice ninjas, cute king, etc were awesome.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
See La La Land

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

Guess what's made its way back onto youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhsOiyvfIWs

This isn't Micky's Christmas Carol :(

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Is there another httyd in the pipeline?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Akira too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Shadow Hog posted:

I suppose I should come clean and confess I haven't seen... like, any of Don Bluth's films, except Thumbelina (which I barely remember) and Anastasia (which I remember quite fondly). I've already spelled out why I'd probably pass on Titan AE, but I do kinda wanna see things like The Land Before Time, An American Tail, All Dogs Go To Heaven and especially The Secret of NIMH sometime.
I thought I remembered a scene like this from that crappy holiday special; thanks for confirming it wasn't just a fever dream of some sort.
Ah, that's right, forgot about that whole "Ten years we've been rusting, / needing so much more than dusting, / needing exercise, a chance to use our skills!" lyric.

I remember liking NIMH but it being super dark, which I guess is just a thing in every Bluth movie. It's weird how some of the decent hits of the 80's/90's are never on tv these days, is it a rights issue?

Hey Pick