Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Drifter posted:

Looks so bonkers it actually looks pretty comedy-tryhard terrible.

Man, did you see the original Lego Movie? I don't consider myself a Batman fan, but I'm going to see this, and I find it difficult to imagine someone who loved The Lego Movie not looking forward to the Lego Batman Movie from the trailer. I also find it difficult to imagine someone who watched The Lego Movie not loving it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Das Boo posted:

So, like... does anyone actually enjoy watching a cartoon character dance? And I'm talking the typical dance party dance. I understand enjoying watching the ballet in Duet, or Esmeralda's festival dance, or sweeping ballroom dances like Sleeping Beauty or B&tB, but I've never quite gotten the fun of watching dancing animations of a character, segregated, doing a dance party dance.
I think the divide for me is the former pertain to personality and emotion and the latter is devoid of it. You could swap out any character doing those dance party animations and it wouldn't change jack poo poo.

If you don't like the dance party dance, why did you make it your avatar? :colbert:

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

FirstAidKite posted:

Was who framed roger rabbit any good

Like, I know it is this beloved technological marvel of animation and live action and fitting all of these different characters together, but was it actually any good?

I haven't seen it in forever and tbh I know it's lame as hell but I only thought about it again because I had a nightmare the other night involving me having to watch the shoe scene again :(

Holy poo poo, what? I have no idea how you got the impression that it wasn't actually good.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Roger Rabbit is great for kids but it's excellent for adults.

It's definitely one of those movies that, though ostensibly targeted at kids and though a kid could conceivably really enjoy it, an adult with good taste is definitely going to like it a lot more than a kid with good taste.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Boxman posted:

If this isn't about those gosh darned millennials and their sense of entitlement it feels like this movie's villain is just Lightning from the first movie.

I've always wanted to punch Lightning McQueen in the hood, so I can see the merit in this. :colbert:

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

LoseHound posted:

The very phrase "Lego Frozen" screams "dire", and that's coming from someone who likes Frozen (though admittedly was turned off of the Lego movie by the trailer). However, the Tangled series looks genuinely cute and charming and I'd watch a couple episodes out of curiosity.

"Lego Frozen" screams dire to me, too, but I'm mentally screaming at someone who likes Frozen and was turned off of the Lego Movie by the trailer. Get better taste, please!

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFwX34KQdu8

Presented without comment.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I really hope Moana beats out La La Land for Best Original Song. It'd give Lin-Manuel Miranda the PEGOT.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Samuel Clemens posted:

Maybe Sprited Away beating out Lilo & Stitch counts, but that film was about as high-profile as Japanese animation ever got in the US.

As a stupid little kid, it really bothered me that they gave the award to a foreign movie instead of a movie from Disney, the most American studio. And right after foreigners killed 3000 people, too!

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Vegetable posted:

Dory hasn't been in the awards circuit at all, for whatever reasons.

It's a sequel and therefore Bad and Low Art. :colbert:

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Can Gazelle be the villain of Zootopia 2? Just, like, reveal that she actually had her own secret agenda all along.

And give her a villain song. :3:

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

There's no way a live action Little Mermaid would come out anything but completely bizarre, to the point where it would be too interesting to pass up even if it sucked.

In case you were unaware, a live action Little Mermaid has already been confirmed. Lin-Manuel Miranda is doing additional songs for it.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

CRINDY posted:

Edgar Wright is allegedly reworking Me And My Shadow, there's something coming out next year about Australian animals starring a bilby, we're getting new Shreks and Dragons, something about a Bigfoot I think, and apparently they haven't given up on B.O.O. or the India musical. So that's where we're at.

The Australian animals thing is also a musical, I believe.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Hemingway To Go! posted:

In that game why is nick on model and Judy a bean

Because she's a female, and therefore secondary, character

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Disney's house style >>> Illumination's house style. Maybe if Illumination's movies were good, I wouldn't hold this opinion, but as is, I have a Pavlovian "ughhh" reaction every time I see Illumination's house style. I particularly hate it in The Lorax, where I don't think it fits Seuss at all (to say nothing of how bad that movie is on a script level).

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
IMO, Disney should commit to a plan, kind of like Pixar's plan to make no more than 1/3 of their movies prequels, to make at least 1/3 of their movies stylistically unique. We could get a Paperman-ish movie, a faux-stop-motion movie, a movie in that faux-painted style Rapunzel was supposed to be in, etc

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Macaluso posted:

Don't worry fam, I got you

Thanks for this endless source of joy

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Yikes, we almost got through a whole page without this.

Macaluso posted:

Don't worry fam, I got you

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
TBF, I certainly wish John K. wasn't terrible. :smith:

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

kill

ME

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

This link doesn't go anywhere.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Argument kind of falls apart though given that all of the bulls in the movie have udders. :shrug:

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Shadow Hog posted:

Bee Movie, But It Takes Place in the Hundred Acre Wood

Reminder that Winnie The Pooh canonically dies in Bee Movie

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Phylodox posted:

Also also...why is everyone in this movie a dog but this guy?

What's a bear doing there?

I guess that being a dog is like being white, and it's a really white area? IDK

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Pyrotoad posted:

I remember being quite fond of the All Dogs go to Heaven sequel when I was little, but I haven't seen it for literally twenty years. It probably doesn't hold up, huh...

edit: What the gently caress Charlie Sheen's in this??

Without a doubt the worst movie in which Charlie Sheen has ever played a dog.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
All of you people are making me wish I'd seen a Don Bluth movie as a kid. :smith: I mean, I saw Land Before Time, but its memory has kind of been smudged out by all the lovely sequels, and I haven't seen it probably since I was like five.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Hedrigall posted:

Watched the Land Before Time about 3 years ago. Thought it was poo poo. Cash me ousside :colbert:

I guess dinosaurs aren't your type?

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Hedrigall posted:

Cant wait to rock that dog

:stare:

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Why the hell havnt they annouced the winner i need to know if i should be angry at ,onoa getting the award over zooptopia or zootopia getting the award from moana

Commaonoa, make way, make way!
Commaonoa it's time you knew
The village of Motunui is all you need

Zooptopia sounds like a good movie

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Can we send everyone in Hollywood a memo letting them know that we're okay with movies about Hollywood winning everything as long as they're actually good

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Fun perhaps, but it's really, like, painfully square too. It's hard to think of a film less cool than Inside Out.

I am fine with this opinion as long as we accept that "cool" is a quality at best orthogonal to art

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Right, but then the actual problem: the film's literal message is that you should raise your child as as if she were a corporation. And vice-versa. It's corporate personhood taken to an extreme.

After seeing Inside Out I thought it'd be cool and good if Pixar made a movie called something like "Corporate Personhood" where the protagonists are personifications of (fictional) corporations. It'd be like Inside Out but in reverse. Probably would get a lot of people made because boo corporations hiss but as a fan of the concept of capitalism and a person who enjoys romanticizing corporations (like Disney, for example) I would enjoy it a lot if it were good

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

This is how I played LeFou in my high school production of BATB; I thought everyone just obviously knew this about the character

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Mann posted:

I think we all remember what happened last time they tried to make Ducktales dark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmpAx8Z5z40

I think that the furries have finally gotten out of hand.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

shadowvine118 posted:

Any word on what the next Disney princess movie might be about? I know it's probably a ways away, but it takes a few years of planning and development so they probably atleast have some idea, even if it ends up being different than the final product.

Does Gigantic count?

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I think there was, like, one great episode post-movie? Krusty Towers, I think?

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Shadow Hog posted:

Left 4 Dead, but set during the Planet of the Apes prequels

Half-Life, but instead of enslaving people, headcrabs just reverse evolution

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
TBH I kinda suspect that Hedrigall isn't really a furry at all and is just playing a bit, but TBH at that point the intended irony level doesn't really matter; if you're pretending to be a furry that hard, you're basically a furry now, congratulations

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I want to see Frozen 2 be gay and all the resulting fallout from that, but with Trump as president Disney probably wouldn't take that risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

starkebn posted:

Moana is half full of "dialogue as a song" dude

That is how good musicals work, my man