Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Robindaybird posted:

That looks so cheap, and jesus christ, what's with the way Oompa mouse keeps stressing the wrong syllables and overly exaggerated faces?

The reason that scene ended up so eerie in the original was Gene Wilder being so calm and nonchalant the entire time.

I replied that this is like something out of Tiny Toons only that Tiny Toons would have done it better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

ExplodingSims posted:

So I guess this movie is gonna be like the next Zelda CDI or something:

I...uh...hmmm

Middle face was me when I learned this movie even existed.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

CRINDY posted:

mentally punched myself in the face

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Regalingualius posted:

So Overwatch decided to announce their next playable character with an actual animated trailer, instead of the in-game engine ones they've done for the last few, and... Am I wrong in thinking that something just looks off with it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaZfZFNuOpI

Watching that just made my eyes tired. Very spastic and a lot to follow.

I'm getting old.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Holy poo poo that last frame, I can't breathe

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

K. Waste posted:

Gem from the Japanese animation archive of the day is The Animal Olympics http://animation.filmarchives.jp/works/playen/43800

Immediately made me think of Animalympics, probably the first thing I ever watched on Disney Channel when they did their free preview weekend or whatever back in the early 90s.

At least I'm pretty sure it was Disney Channel. Not sure what else it would have been on. Definitely a free preview weekend for something.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I'm the one guy on earth who actually likes Bug's Life most, out of Pixar's lineup.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I remain unrepentant. Bug's Life or bust :colbert:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Hoooly poo poo :lol:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Inside Out was so overhyped for me that it could never have lived up to how my friends described it. I don't hate it, I'm very indifferent on it. I remember Rattatouille being very good but very forgettable. I actually forgot all about Wall-E despite being in love with it a while back so hey, maybe I'll say I'm a good 60/40 Bug's Life/Wall-E here.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Did Moana just hit Netflix or has it been there for a while? I actually haven't booted up Netflix in a month or so and was pleasantly surprised to see it there. Guess it's time to finally watch that one.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Is this real or a joke?

Solid Snake is: Master Chief, Starship Trooper.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I think it would be really riveting reading if you put a smiley in place of Anne Frank.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

The super articulated Revoltech Zootopia figures you wanted are finally being made.

I didn't need money anyway

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I watched LEGO Movie one night when I was deliriously feverish and it's got this kind of fever-high memory in the sense that I only remember bits and pieces from it, and I kind of love that about it. I should probably re-watch it at some point to actually.. yaknow.. understand the plot and whatnot.

Phylodox posted:

Honestly, they've all got a bit of the thousand-yard-stare going in that picture. But, hell, I don't blame them. I can only imagine the ridiculous paycheques they all got for this.

On Jaws: The Revenge, Caine said "I have never seen the film, but by all accounts it was terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific."

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jul 31, 2017

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Disney has enough properties that I would probably give them money to have access to their library outside of Netflix. It really only sucks because I like having everything in one place.

My biggest concern is that they're going to pull their poo poo from Netflix all around the world and only make their streaming available in the USA and I'm left without anywhere to watch Zootopia.

Just kidding I have like eight ways to watch Zootopia so I'll survive.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Trying to think of other good animated music videos which aren't Gorillaz.

Only one that comes to mind is Do the Evolution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDaOgu2CQtI

.. but I'm sure I'm missing like a hundred other good ones.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-6xk4W6N20

:haw:

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Uh pardon me, how could you forget this classic

Handing in my 80s-kid card now :smith:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I didn't forget but I wasn't going to be the one to start another four page furry derail :unsmith:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Macaluso posted:

The animation in this is SO GOOD. Thank god for the mute button

The song really isn't great but I didn't mind it that much. I was too busy staring at this amazing animation I hadn't seen before :stare:

I'm so glad it was posted because this rough kind of animation is probably my favourite kind of hand drawn. Not ultra-polished but beautiful in its own right.

Just when I thought I was over the decline of traditional animation, here we are.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

That brings back memories.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX44CAz-JhU

Loved this enough to pay for an avatar so why not.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Disney XD's site if you have a cable subscription, it seems.

~~nowhere~~ (??) if you're a filthy non-cable-haver or Canadian like me.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Cockmaster posted:

Speaking of Ducktales, I'm surprised none of the people talking about Disney's planned streaming service mentioned the prospect of having the original series readily available online. Plus Darkwing Duck, Rescue Rangers, Tale Spin, and so forth.

I'm going to be honest and say that going back and rewatching the original DuckTales was... disappointing. Definitely one of those shows that's better left remembered. For me, I mean. Others may disagree.

I still have very fond memories of Darkwing Duck and TaleSpin though so I can't decide whether I want to indulge and be disappointed or just remember them fondly.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

It's based on the most 1902 british quaint children's story you can possibly imagine and the trailer is not quaint, british or olde timey.

Like that time Disney did the live action Winnie the Pooh where Pooh and Tigger have an epic rap battle

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I liked Your Name. I thought it was fun but I gave it pretty much zero thought to after walking out of the theatre. I was surprised to hear so many visceral negative reactions and I wonder if it's only because it was so highly praised that it's getting this backlash.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Why

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Their merchandising strategy was abysmal and there was almost zero merchandise at Disney Stores while it was in theatres. What they did have was relegated to corners of stores to make way for the hundredth Frozen shirt or princess gown. Not that I many doubts that those would have sold more than Z merchandise either way.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Shadow Hog posted:

In the end, I wound up learning about a Zootopia shirt I hadn't seen before and picked it up last night. The clerk says the chain's looking into more Zoo-themed for adults going forward, but I don't know how much a clerk at a random Disney Store actually knows about the matter.

Kind of a missed opportunity not making that shirt a button-up short sleeve as opposed to just a T-shirt, but I suppose that might cost a fair bit more than the fare you'd sell at The Disney Store, so.

I really want this but shipping to Canada is literally as much as the product itself so

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Shadow Hog posted:

In the end, I wound up learning about a Zootopia shirt I hadn't seen before and picked it up last night. The clerk says the chain's looking into more Zoo-themed for adults going forward, but I don't know how much a clerk at a random Disney Store actually knows about the matter.

Kind of a missed opportunity not making that shirt a button-up short sleeve as opposed to just a T-shirt, but I suppose that might cost a fair bit more than the fare you'd sell at The Disney Store, so.

Much as I complained about the shipping, I ended up buying this as well as a button-up aliexpress shirt. Hopefully it doesn't suck. I want to wear it to Tokyo Disney next year.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Yeah I have a strong dislike for whatever that is that I just looked at.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Ccs posted:

I watched Road to El Dorado since my girlfriend has never seen it. What a flawed movie. You can tell the animators had fun animating Chel and Kevin Kline is a good voice actor for Tulio but neither Miguel or Tulio's animation is very specific. Its a weirdly paced movie full of forgettable songs and would probably be torn a new one for ham fisted cultural appropriation if it were made today. For some reason I always associated it with Emperor's New Groove since both were south-american comedy animated movies, but ENG is so much better.

I feel the same, though I watch El Dorado so infrequently that I always remember it through rose coloured glasses.

And I watch ENG all the fuckin time so I guess that’s how I rate them..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

This is cute, marketable, and pointless.

*breaks out checkbook and mashes greenlight button*