Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Question for all you wizards out there, when it comes to the decor for my mountaintop wizard tower, what should I pick for my lamps? I'm trying to decide between skulls with nightmarish green flames of fire that burns but does not consume in the open mouths and eye sockets, or mysterious crystals with an eldritch blue glow.

Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

mycomancy posted:

I'd go with the blue crystals. OSHA inspectors get their tits in a twist about open flame, even if it's the arcane kind.

Yo, so I tried this and it makes the entrance of my tower on Mt. Bloodbone look pretty badass, thanks wizgoon.

Some heroes decided to come by and instead of immediately assuming I was an evil sorcerer they saw the eldritch crystals and somehow thought I was sort of benign. I guess maybe glowing blue crystals are some sort of Elf thing? Anyway, they weren't prepared for that spell, you know the one that turns their bones into writhing worms of molten iron? That one.

Now I have a good-looking foyer and I was able to re-purpose those jackasses' skulls for a new set of wine glasses.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

Oh, I don't know. Back when I was at Mt Skulldust College of Applied Thaumaturgy (go vampire squids!) me and the other guys in our frat would cast Rising Force on this one dork that had something like five hour's duration with an incredibly low effectiveness. He'd be floating something like five centimetres above the ground, moving extremely slowly, but essentially couldn't do anything aside from hover there and scream at us until the spell wore off.

Oh, those were the days.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

ghosthorse posted:

So I was working on a potion for....personal use...and anyway I dropped the dang thing and it spilled so my question is who did you contract to mess up your tower? Cos now mine's like perfectly straight and taller and all the wobble and twists are gone and it just looks like a nice ordinary castle tower again. At least I know that potion probably works.

Hah, you got orcish dickrot, didn't you? Didn't they tell you in wizard high school to always take a panacea after sex with orcs?

Or, you know, just not have sex with orcs at all? You're one of those weirdos who's got a thing for the huge hairy breasts, aren't you?

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

naem posted:

Elves are even worse than vampires. "la de da look at me I'm a fancy fairy elf ooooo look at my smooth skin, I'm 2000 years old and I date high school girls"

It's like, we should NOT be romanticizing this stuff people

poo poo, I thought I was the only one who realized just how awful elves are. Of course you can't just go around saying this to people, you get branded as a horrible racist even though every third phrase that elves speak is some garbage about 'lesser races'. Somehow when they say it it's perfectly fine.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

Double Monocle posted:

Sorry for the delay my dungeon was crawled by the heros.

Anyways I think I'm in deep trouble now. The party leader is a younger looking human male who wears way too many belts and has a sword that looks so impractical it's silly. He clears my traps, takes out my vampire bodyguard, then finds me in the process of turning some villagers into demons, fairly normal.

This time he's got this cute elf mage (obvious love interest) , old soldier (mentor) and this weird fluffy cat thing (mascot?).

Anyways I send a few demon people at them for laughs and when they are distracted I teleport to the cute mage and decide I'm gonna kidnap her, try to turn her to my side to mess with the hero, the usual.

Well I guess I didn't clean off my work gloves well enough from the demon experiments cause when I grab her she just sorta melts into a green puddle. Everyone stops, even the demon villagers are giving me the "dude not cool" look

Hero man then starts loving GLOWING and hits me with this way over the top sword move. It took like three minutes, he just sorta juggled me with like a million stabs and slashes. It actually looked pretty cool.

So anyways, I reform by my phylactery and just think " well poo poo, now he's got a super move"

Why does everything I do seem to just power up this hero?

Dude, how have you not realized that you're stuck in a narrative? Did you have an inspector come by to check for excessive deposits of narrativium before you built your mountaintop doom fortress? Like poo poo man, what did you expect? I'll bet at this point the narrative is so strong that when the villagers in the valley below look up to the spiked turrets of your lair in superstitious terror, lightning flashes and thunder rolls, regardless of how nice the weather is.

You've got to get out of there before that narrative kills you. Don't you know how dangerous narrativium is? It's like the first thing they teach you in Evil Wizard School.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

I think it can vary depending on the conjurations and just how you set up the Triangle of Art. Are you calling then up just to chat or are you taking a commanding and bossy tone, with the Spirit Chain and everything? With Goetic spirits tone and attitude really do matter.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

Mr.Tophat posted:

How many skeletons is too many skeletons

No such thing. Sedlec Ossuary or bust, I say!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

naem posted:

Guys, mind if I ask for some advice? I've been giving my skeletons skeleton armor (armor made from skeletons) and skeleton swords, skeleton bows, etc you name it.

Originally it was just because I'm cheap and hate seeing all the skeleton fragments after my armies conquer (since so many get crunched in the process)and I want to to recoup my investments.

Anyways it turns out the skeletons totally hate it. Like, apparently they feelSUPER awkward about wielding a battle ax made out the the hip bones of a fallen comrade and it's hurting moral.

Not sure why mindless reanimated skeletons have feelings in the first place beyond following orders and an endless lust for MEAT.

I mean I'd HATE to think what they'd say if they found out that the MEAT I pay them with is their own flesh that their fellow skeletons gnawed off of them in the process of being skeleton-ed, which then falls to the ground of my frozen ice labyrinth after they mush it around their teeth a little (that's why I keep the labyrinth frozen, plus it saves on heating bills)

Have you tried making it into bonemold so they can't tell what it is? Skeletons have no brains and as such shouldn't be capable of making that connection.

• Locked thread