Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
naem
May 29, 2011

Mycroft Holmes posted:

as a paladin i object to this thread

evil wizards are bad and should be punished

As a chaotic/good rogue I too think we should stop bad guys sure yeah, hey- are those fireworks??

**sets off a bunch of fireworks for no reason in the corner burning evil lair down**

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Good news, ghouls and ghosts! I need a handful of skeletons to protect an old artifact that I really don't need anymore. Please provide a resume to
Evil dot Wizard at DarkSigil dot Gov

Any time I need to get rid of some old stuff I just put it all in an old crypt and summon a few skeletons to "guard" it.

Put up a "keep out" sign in a spooky font and a bunch of adventurers show up to "loot" all those rusty pants and rags and cracked helms-of-the-wolf and they usually smash all the skeletons too so I don't have to pay them!

naem
May 29, 2011

drat horror queefs posted:

Strip off their useless meat and make some skeletons. You can never EVER have enough skeletons plus the mass of rotting human flesh can be bound together with a simple blood golem spell.

Pappy always said never waste a mass of rotting human flesh and by god he was right.

As a lawful/neutral wizard I- **checks rule book** yeah that's fine go ahead

**impassively listens to screams**

naem
May 29, 2011

Skeletons make SUCH great low level minions;

First off you make them out of your enemies. Second they work for MEAT.

SO: remove meat from enemies, hand them their own meat. "MEAT!!" Say the skeletons. (Don't ask me how they say anything it doesn't have to make sense).

Third, when they "eat" their meat it just mushes around their teeth a lil' and falls to the ground; base your lair in a cold climate or ice fortress and have a housekeeping spell to sweep up all the meat bits and reuse forever!

Plus what is more terrifying to enemies than an ice fortress full of skeletons where every loot drop is HUMAN MEAT I mean

naem
May 29, 2011

Motherfucker posted:

Hi, recently I pledged my service to the eldar gods, specifically cthylla daughter of cthulhu (its 2016, ok) but the problem is the pulsing vein-like slug growing under my eyesocket is not only making it hard for me to pick up chicks but also I'm starting to hear screams and see stuff that I'm pretty sure my mind wasn't supposed to comprehend, its starting to cut into my social life and plus I've started hucking up fistfulls of maggots with human faces who demand I find them hosts in a demented chorus of voices. How do I keep it 'real' I guess is what I'm asking? haha

don't kinkshame

naem
May 29, 2011

I enchanted a pair of boots with "flesh to stone" and left for some meddling adventurers to find (isn't it weird that adventurers are always rummaging around putting on old clothing they find?) hoping to add to my sculpture garden

anyways I accidentally cast "stone to flesh" and now anywhere that guy walks he leaves a perfect footprint sized sirloin steak. Last I heard he gave up adventuring and opened a steak house

naem
May 29, 2011

tardwrangler posted:

Ive cursed your prostate.

YOU
SHALL
NOT
PISS

:stare:

naem
May 29, 2011

Grondoth posted:

Good Abjurers keep loving closing all my demonic portals.

They just keep loving doing it. I've set traps and they dispel those. I've summoned minions and they banish those. I dug a giant lava pit and apparently they can make themselves immune to lava. I've hired mercenaries to guard them but they somehow got banished too.

What the gently caress do I do about this? Do you know how much each gate costs? The goddamn black opals I'm going through could've funded five loving obsidian towers!

Why fight their physical powers when you can corrupt their minds? Offer them powerful magical objects (that you control) to give them delusions of grandeur. Lawful Good wizards can easily be corrupted with power as they seek to control all to make it "lawful" and the love of power makes them them Lawful Evil.

Then because you are chaotic evil (and not bound by laws) threaten to strip them of their power (your magic items) unless they sign an employment contract (signed in blood of course, offer good 401k and flex time they can't resist)

naem
May 29, 2011

MEat

MEET

MEAAT MEAT MEat meat good MEaT fleASh

naem
May 29, 2011

Ah dammit sorry one of my skeletons trying to get online haha lil skamp

naem
May 29, 2011

Ok got him sealed back up in his barrel, gave him some meat to gnaw on (it was his own butt once lol adventurers)

He's just going to sit there happily gumming it until it falls through his rib cage and then burst out of the barrel waving his rusty dagger around at the next adventurers in a century or so

naem
May 29, 2011

paying skeletons with meat is so great becasie what are adventurers made of?

1. Meat
2. A skeleton

Your skeletons happily do all the work gnawing off the meat then boom! New skeleton

Just keep a constant low level spell going in your crypt and put up a really spooky sign ADVENTURERS KEEP OUT, maybe hang a "wanted for necromancy" bounty ad (with a map to your crypt) in local taverns and in a month or two you've got a whole skeleton labor force for free

naem
May 29, 2011

SciFiDownBeat posted:

well, okay, but, hold on there, then you've kind of got a sort of ponzie scheme going on, because if one skelly eats an adventurer, okay, now you've got two skelleys.... who eventually each need two heros worth of meat... then you've got four skelleys, etc

Hopefully the eldritch IRS doesn't find you and audit your rear end to oblivion (literally)

That's the thing, skeletons don't actually "need" meat. They just kinda mush it around their teeth and let it fall to the ground.

Keep your crypt ice cold and scoop up the meat and blammo, next week's pay

Also "too many skeletons?" Lol just pack some up in barrels (to jump out later) or just disassemble some and make into bone swords, bone arrows etc

If you've just got too darn many you can point them at your local haunted forest and tell them MEAT, they get all excited "MEAt meAt MeAT MEET" *crick crick crick* off they go tramping away.

Come to think of it that forest wasn't haunted until I started filling it with all those skeletons, art imitates life as they say

naem
May 29, 2011

Just remembering me and some of my bros in necrcollege got into a classic "skeleton vs zombie" argument, we decided to settle things once and for all and took over the whole lower quad. We got in so much trouble! That's me with the beard I'm only 119 there (so young)

https://youtu.be/CU3fq4aAv0w

naem
May 29, 2011

Ummmmm who let in the hippie wood elf? This is the EVIL thread still right??

Incidentally i don't know anything about all those skeletons in the forest it was like that when I got here

naem
May 29, 2011

poverty goat posted:

do you guys ever get nostalgic for pitchforks? i used to have a great spell to turn them into snakes but i don't think peasants even know what to do with a pitchfork anymore. they'd kill each other with them by accident before they even got to the gates. some idiot peasants from the village have been writing letters or something, blaming me for an outbreak of hooved children. now im going to have to enthrall the mayor, maybe the governor. but first im going to turn all those goddamned letters and petitions into wasps

and would you believe its not even me this time, its some college necromancer in town that nobody even suspects

See this is exactly the kind of wholesome, down home family values evil that you just don't see anymore.

naem
May 29, 2011

Ummmm just wait a fortnight and you have a perfectly good Demi-lich

naem
May 29, 2011

You're better off setting up a profitable scheme in the cathedral, milking for cash, and just adding onto your existing tower imo.

Set up a fall guy and control from the shadows etc etc.

Corrupted cathedral farming is kind of a cliche but when you can just shrug and go "what dark cathedral I'm just a lowly alchemist" if Paladins come smash the place is priceless

naem
May 29, 2011

sweet geek swag posted:

No one is impressed that you remember the titles we got from our dark wizard frat key party favors. Also I wouldn't break into your library if you would return the dark codex I loaned you when I asked you to.

key party favors posted:

That's it. and this goes to everyone in this thread...my library is off limits! Consider all of my tomes hexed. That goes double for you Rainbowbeard The Malevolent, Champion of the isles of Forgotten Hate, Whisperer of The 8 Illegal Phrases, Friend to False Dreams Of Bezos! I know your number, Buddy... don't think I don't know your other names too! And don't think I haven't conjured an Argus Panoptes to keep an eye on my shelves from now on...so don't get any wise ideas. I'm looking at you Naem of The 13 Lies Whispered By The Lament Of The Betrayed Wind! and Sweet Geek Swag, of The Soiled Robes Of The Twin Halls of Entropy! I've told all of my Blue Skeletons (that's right, the blue ones, not the regular bone colored ones) to attack any trespassing wizard on sight!

Look I didn't, "soil" my robes, it was cold out, we'd been drinking, college was a LONG TIME ago why can't you just drop it. I mean we were all MORTAL still

naem
May 29, 2011

ChaseSP posted:

So when do you decide to give your apprentice the talk about good and evil being meaningless concepts that only get in the way of a persons true desires whether it be glory or to unravel the seal of a millenia old demilich whose gaze can steal a man's soul.

Eh I just always end up feeding them to the skeletons

naem
May 29, 2011

The real problem with artificing is it's just so profitable.

I mean at first it's all "battling over meteoric iron ore" and "infusing it with the the blood of virgin princess souls to enthrall the will of men" but after you forge and sell your tenth million-gold-piece-horcrux you look around your treasure hall and the endless piles of gold coins and you're like, 'should all my funds be in commodities?' So you diversify and then you're reluctant to summon the ancient ones to destroy all life (because the the effects on the stock market) and pretty soon you're a lawful-neutral hedge-fund sorcerer with a jewelry hobby

naem
May 29, 2011

VendaGoat posted:

(Cackles evilly)

They say money is the root of all evil but I've seen money turn a LOT of evil guys neutral in my day

naem
May 29, 2011

jon joe posted:

I think he's cackling because his gelatinous cubes are eating your gold and artifact supply.

(cackles neutrally)

naem
May 29, 2011

sweet geek swag posted:

Edition? Players Handbook? What in the Nine Hell's are you talking about? I think we got ourselves a paladin here guys.

I think he's from this alternate dimension I've heard of, where normal things like owlbears and kolbalds are just imaginary things in a game based on fictional novels.

I had a couple materialize in my castle keep once, we had a long fascinating talk about how magic is real and all their adventurous dreams really could come true here in the land of fantasy; then of course I fed them to the skeletons

naem
May 29, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Guys, let's talk Enurgumen! Like when I'm trying to anchor an embodiment of horror into the Material Plane, I go for ripped elves.

A) They have enough skin real estate that you can fit pretty much the perfect amount of bonding runes

B) their skin burns like blue or green depending on magical saturation levels so your Aenima always looks it's spookiest

C) likewise the pointy ears...

Also small enough that getting armor made for them isn't so bad

Elves are even worse than vampires. "la de da look at me I'm a fancy fairy elf ooooo look at my smooth skin, I'm 2000 years old and I date high school girls"

It's like, we should NOT be romanticizing this stuff people

naem
May 29, 2011

The last time I got vanquished and shunted out of my body into one of my horcruxes (horcruxi?) it took my spirit a full year to retake my mortal form and it turns out that soulless lich-me (only a demi-lich actually kinda embarrassing) had subjugated the entire countryside and turned all my enemies into skeletons.

It's how I got started in the skeleton game! Plus I had all these great memories of BEING a skeleton.

Sometimes I wish instead of regaining my 72 year old human form I'd paid extra to turn into an handsome adventurer type, but that's such a cliche with necromancers. Any time "Zog the Ancient terror" shows up looking like a fit 35 year old again it's like "hey Zog time for your post life crisis already eh?"

naem
May 29, 2011

One of my basement skeletons is a lawyer. I have a notary public down there too, comes in handy (I pay them meat)

naem
May 29, 2011

Actually last time I went to the DMV it took so long I skeletonized the whole place, never have to wait in line again now

naem
May 29, 2011

Turning 112 is a big deal to the department of motor vehicles apparently as they wanted me to take a vision test and of course I had replaced an eye with the Gem of Gorgoth (for tax purposes). They wanted to argue with me about "depth perception" and I was like "I see see through both space and time and up to 4 alternate dimensions, I can see accidents coming up to 3 days in advance and avoid them I'm pretty sure I can drive a Prius hybrid to Home Depot"

naem
May 29, 2011

VendaGoat posted:

So you loving lie to them you rear end in a top hat. How the gently caress did you perform the rites of resurrection and not already understand this?

Jesus Christ, it's like trying to explain how to make sauce to my nieces.

Just loving answer what the gently caress they want you to say. You can cast a loving divination spell, I've seen you do it. Madon!

Eh I failed a charisma check (happens to us all)

naem
May 29, 2011

VendaGoat posted:

You forgetting to cast polymorph self is my loving fault? Ehhhh gently caress you!

Just for that loving incompetence you owe me 2 more loving points for this month.

On top of which, you owe me since this is the first time I've been hearing about this poo poo.

Yeah yeah I'll have that shipment of skeletons over by Thursday.

You know I am (technically) still human so it is nice to go walk among them occasionally. Not sure why I chose the DMV

naem
May 29, 2011

Speleothing posted:

Way too much effort for dwarves. Just have a your golems squash them like any other uninvited guests.

Also, does anybody have advice on getting vampires not to bite during orgies? They definitely know how to party otherwise, but always end up bringing out the fangs when they've been warned not to.

Like, 80% of all extant vampires are accidental orgy bite vampires. I've just stopped inviting them

naem
May 29, 2011

Schwza posted:

Lol at you nerds burying your noses in old books for decades to find something to get back at the world because you couldn't get laid.

Being evil means your enemies bowels rupture when they hear your war horn. It means cleaving demigods in half with your mighty great sword as your horde of barbarians desecrate their lands and temples. It means ordering the destruction of your most adoring servants by their own hands. Have you ever even seen a self immolation? Being evil is a way of life, not some hobby you do in your three story walk-up tower while you jerk your wand.

Stop trying to summon an eldritch terror And BE that terror.

barbarians make GREAT skeletons

naem
May 29, 2011

GenericOverusedName posted:

Help my corners are all wrong!

I think I hosed up the sigil in the last ritual I did. It failed, I thought. But maybe I did summon something but it's hiding in the corners are wrong and the lights aren't casting shadows on anything the right way anymore

Is there a dark sense of foreboding upon your abode (as if the heart of the very dark is come alive) and you fear the color purple? That's probably KEVIN, tell him he still owes me $50 bucks

naem
May 29, 2011

key party favors posted:

all magic is evil, right? stop pretending 'non-evil' wizards. all magic is evil.

Uh, no? Lol here maybe this will help:

naem
May 29, 2011

vcvcvc12 posted:

I dunno, there seem to be a few non-evil wizards here.
As for destroying the book, don't tell anyone but we're kinda worried it might actually be able to do what it claims and we were kind of hoping to offload it onto an actual evil wizard so he has to deal with the consequences.

Don't ask me I'm just a humble alchemist

*kicks trap door shut onto skeleton hand trying to reach out of my pit of former victims, whistling innocuously*

naem
May 29, 2011

a bone to pick posted:

please, stop RPing as a wizard now, you're 40 years old.

Yes everyone over 30 please stop having any and all fun and go stand alone in the corner weeping for the next 50+ years thanks

naem
May 29, 2011

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Magic is cool and good.

(Keep The Laws.)
breaks the laws

naem
May 29, 2011

key party favors posted:

... but we can't just keep relying on skeleton armies.

Well la dee da mister fancy pants. Thinks he's too good for skeletons eh? Some of us humble working class fellows have done pretty well with nothing more than *raise skeleton* and passing a couple well timed charisma checks. Skeletons are a classic for a reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Hihohe posted:

Is there an osha for industrial wizardry? Im looking at expanding beyond freelance work and I dont want to get in trouble for not wearing the proper pointy hat.

There is but they mostly just check that your castle has enough skulls, metal spikes at eye level, big winding unlit staircases without handrails, and if you don't have enough bodily fluids spilled on a catwalk over a bottomless pit to cause a fall hazard they cite you

• Locked thread