Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

phasmid posted:

Are you sure? I read a bunch of books on this and that doesn't seem right. What about the other guys in the thread who say it's kosher? Kosher or whatever our equivalent is? I hear unicorn meat tastes good, especially veal.

It's very much Kosher, but instead of a Rabbi you need a virgin (Rabbis must be married so they're right out) to butcher and dress the neat, what with the kundalini-draining blood. There are other... animals one can drink the blood from that are... most efficacious.

phasmid posted:

1. That Harry Pothead poo poo for babies.
2. RN my favorite spell is "conceal evil" which I picked up last week from a travelling Romani. I have tested it on a few dogs and it doesn't seem to be working. Maybe he knew I had used my second-favorite spell "disappearing money".

1. Then why are you doing Harry Potter poo poo like drinking unicorn blood, which bestows a cursed half-life, etc? Why be a Voldemort when you can be a kickin' rad lich instead?

2. That's a solid spell. Good choice.

phasmid posted:

Btw anybody excited for Walpurgisnacht? I'm def gonna coven-crash disguised as a goat.

I don't think they have this on my world, at least, not by that name. Care to explain more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Colonel Cancer posted:

If you're going through all the trouble, why not just bleed the virgin and take a bath? While it will not bestow immortality, most virgins' blood has high fat content and will have a great moisturizing effect upon your parchment-like wrinkled wizard skin. Watch those years drop off with this one simple trick!

If you're that worried about it being Kosher, just get a golem to prep it. No balls, no kundalini energy, no problems!

Ooh, that's a good point! (Unless you've made a gently caress Golem and are using it to prepare food, obviously.)

There are many (non-sex, but also sex) uses for virgins and bicorns! Not so much for unicorns, though.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

phasmid posted:

I'll admit to being a novice but claiming that you got into wizardry because of JK Rowling is like saying you didn't know sex could be kinky til you read 50 shades. I'm new but I'm not a total waste (hopefully).

I will allow you copies of three books from my library. Choose wisely.

phasmid posted:

Walpurga was this heretic who moonlighted as a nun and now we honor her by congregating on hills and whatnot to have orgies. Lots of intradisciplinary quibbles here, witches who only do "white magic" (lol sure) and a panoply of fringe practitioners. If you've got witchcraft/devilry on your world you probably have some analogue. Just think sacrilege and cocktails with a tasteful amount of bestiality. Our Bacchanalia is similar, but of a different tradition I think?

On my world, we killed the gods and the environment long ago leaving only a semi-barren wasteland with seas of silt. Waaaay different traditions over here... but it's good to know if I ever go on vaycay.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Just cast Polymorph Wang or Power Word: Boner to fix that pesky problem for a couple hours. Should be enough time unless you were into the tantric stuff.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

DerekSmartymans posted:

I think you have wizaids. Then again, you have access to creams for the dry skin so you may have conjured up super-model syndrome (not liking foods/throwing up). Photoshop that flaking skin and continue making young girls feel bad about their looks. Now THAT'S evil!

There's no cure for wizaids. Not even lichdom, as far as I know. Sorry.

Blaziken386 posted:

Just read through the whole thread, and I'm loving it. Lots of good advice here guys, kudos. Was hoping someone could help me with a problem I seem to be having ATM?
See, last weekend, I went on a bit of a bender, and at some point I may have accidentally signed a contract with an Eldritch deity who may or may not now be entitled to my immortal soul. I brought it up with an old lawyer buddy from college, and as far as he can tell, it's pretty fuckin' airtight.
I've got about 6 weeks before the tentacled bastard comes to collect, and I want to know if I'm screwed or not. I know some devils can weasel out of contracts like this over time if their nature changes so much that their True Name changes with it, but I'm not sure how to go about that as it is. Should I abandon my current project of becoming a lich and go for the demonic corruption path to immortality, or is there another way out of this that I'm just not thinking of?

You don't even know what you signed your soul away to? Or for? I mean, it's probably Lucifer Morningstar, but it could be any number of entities.

If it's a devil, you can challenge it to a rock-off. I hope you love metal. Devils love metal. Their riffs are loving tasty, they do what they want, and whatever they've got, they're gonna flaunt.

A demon? Well, they're not very reasonable, you will have to fight it. Equip your skeletons and minions with... cold iron I think. If you have a cold iron golem, that's your best bet.

You couuuuld become a lich and argue that you've misplaced your soul if it's the lawyering type.

• Locked thread