Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What regions belong in the Pacific Northwest?
Alaska, US
British Columbia, CA
Washington, US
Oregon, US
Idaho, US
Montana, US
Wyoming, US
California, US (MODS PLEASE BAN ANYONE VOTING FOR THIS OPTION TIA)
View Results

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

pseudorandom name posted:

Also only if they pronounce Oregon correctly.

Nobody cares about pronouncing oreygone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

anthonypants posted:

Fred Meyer is probably a bad example here, since they're unionized. I don't know how well-known that is.

Every department or just grocery?

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

So the coffee attack was a false flag with paid manchild actors?

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

He's taking issue with the fact that the author said

and

Which if you read the article (I'm not sure he did) are the ONLY times it comes up in the entire piece. Now that I realize how little the article talks about the seattle type and tech(outside of the already mentioned mustache twirling) it's even funnier how upset he is by this lack of journalistic integrity. And that THIS is what some posters have glommed onto is really interesting.

Yeah, really insidious part of the article is the "secret agent" aspect of their strategy, hiring nazis and getting them in positions of authority at area companies in an effort to weed people out during the hiring process. The actual sector is kinda meaningless to me, and the fact the people are focusing only on the Techbro part is incredibly stupid.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

DevNull posted:

Have you read this? https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/heres-how-breitbart-and-milo-smuggled-white-nationalism?utm_term=.vf5o7NzR3#.ygYApLKrR

Seriously, go read that. It is a way better piece that actually maps out how they are using their influence and connections in a much more concrete way.

I saw it on Twitter and got about halfway through before I got too disgusted to continue and lost the link.

This poo poo is all bad, and it makes me very sad and angry.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

therobit posted:

A major repair or a bad tenant can wipe out years of profits for someone that is not operating dozens of units.

Man, you mean investment has unforseen risks? Dang, sorry for your lots.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

FRINGE posted:

Yeah but parking lots are more useful than Amazons. :colbert:

Remember the hurricane? That was a nice place to go.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

seiferguy posted:

http://komonews.com/news/local/seattle-man-says-he-must-move-because-of-high-property-taxes

I dunno if I should feel sad about this guy or send him to the guillotine. On one hand, his work is in non-profit stuff. On the other hand, :qq:ing about a $1k raise in property taxes seeeeems like a bit of a stretch.

It's almost like his rent went up $100 a month, this never happens!

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

As far as I know, it's limited to Charleston for the moment. I haven't heard anyone up here with issues.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

But then they'll be under the thumb of those Boise elites.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Love too live in a city with rising vacancy rates but without any relief on rent.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

It's planned to be 442 units over 44 stories.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Javid posted:

I've sometimes idly wondered if a controlled nuclear winter effect could be a duct tape solution to global warming, for at least a couple years. Could even be a two birds with one stone thing depending on where we drop the nuke, too.

This is literally the final episode of ABCs Dinosaurs

All the dinosaurs died

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Holy poo poo, I haven't even thought about Skipper's for more than a decade, that was the Friday dinner of choice when I was a kid.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

laws need to be enacted requiring officers to live in the communities they police.

I may be misremembering, but I think there was a vote on the Seattle city council some years ago to increase police pay to address this in such a way that Seattle police could afford to live in Seattle. But they hosed it up and just increased pay across the board so the police that hate the city and already live outside it just made more money.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Edit: wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Ham Equity posted:

https://twitter.com/stephentotilo/status/1640465809448534017?s=20

Cantwell going to bat for Microsoft, who thinks it's unfair that Japanese people don't buy Xboxes. They seem to be implying that platform exclusivity is anti-competitive...? Somehow, I don't think that will apply to Microsoft games.

Also, they're probably just trying to shove the Activision acquisition down Japan's throat.

It's a weird thing to harp on, since XBoxes have always done poorly in Japan (because xenophobia obviously). And the argument that Sony is anti-competitive only makes sense when viewed through the narrow window of "high end console gaming" that excludes Nintendo, who is eating Sony's lunch in Japan.