Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

when is shinji mikami going to make another ridiculous action game

After The Evil Within I'm not sure I want him to make games again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If anyone wants to find me a suitable wife, be my guest.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

WASTED

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Little Witch Academia, Demi-chan and Gabriel Dropout are about it so far for me.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Meido

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Maid Dragon and new Konosuba were good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Hakkenden is pretty good.

Masami Yuuasa worked on episode 10, as animation director, and you can tell.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Be nice if you could actually play as her.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Get on your yuri yuri knees

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

a kitten posted:

Hooray another three day weekend.

I'm going to do nothing but play Bloodborne, Battlefield 1, and watch anime.

:toot:

How many times will I restart Bloodborne I wonder. I'm already at three, mostly just because I wanted to try all three weapons. But, I'm still not sure what origin I should pick.

I mean origin doesn't really affect anything other than your starting stats so it's not a big deal.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

a kitten posted:

Ah, yeah i should have figured. I'm also kind of torn between just completely winging it, or going overboard with research online before actually starting.

I'll probably end up doing what i did in DS, which is to play blindly for a bit then restart once i get a feel for things and learn what i actually need to look online to find out more about and/or decide i don't like how my character looks.

There's only one thing that's important that you can miss permanently, and it's not essential, I played most of it blind then checked for stuff I'd missed towards the end.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's an actual term that has become slang

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

a kitten posted:

I went with the Big Axe and blunderbuss.

There's like 800 dudes and everytime i make some progress thinning them out i get caught on some scenery, hit the wrong button, stumble into an add or whatever and die. Now i'm out of bullets, blood and patience and i'll probably just start over because i'd lose nothing because i've made 0 progress.

Spend spare blood echoes on vials, don't farm them, it's a lot easier.

Don't forget that attacking just after you've been hit regains some of your health so being aggressive is often better than defensive, especially since you have the axe which will stagger enemies easier.

Speaking of the axe the transformed (2-handed) form has an insane charged R2 that has hyper armour and will stagger or outright kill any smaller enemy AND regain any damage you took while in the spin.

Dodge in to enemies attacks, the iframes will save you from damage and you'll often end up in a perfect position to counter attack. A lot of them will punish you for trying to dodge away.

The first area up to the boss is the biggest sticking point with new players and it generally evens out after that.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 15, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

a kitten posted:

I made it all the way up to some boss called Cleric Beast who promptly ate me.

But, that's real progress and i bought some new clothes and leveled up a little bit so :toot: :darksouls:

Don't feel bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfBIaT-CWrQ

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

first i would have to be able to beat the worst boss fight in 3d ps1 action game history

It's got a lot of competition

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Davincie posted:

tfw censored

Every day of my life

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm sure they have pillows in Sweden too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Schwing

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

don't underestimate mezzo forte, ishihama animated two action scenes for it that don't look as good as a lot of other things he's animated

based on wathcing those two scenes i am ready to call myself a mezzo forte expert

It's the anime equivalent of those VN's that only had h scenes in because they were expected to. If you watch the version that cuts out the single sex scene per episode it's a decent action show, from what I remember.

But you still know they were there.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I always wanted a pan pipes version of this

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

LWA continues to be amazing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gladio is an rear end in a top hat

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Same

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Don't tempt me.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

z0glin Warchief posted:

I read the first chapter of the Sasameki Koto author's new series, and holy poo poo it is hosed up. It might be the single most hosed up chapter of a manga I've ever read. I was really not expecting that from this author.

That sounds like a challenge

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, doesn't sound sound like my thing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://twitter.com/LennyReviews/status/821224344089149440

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

homeless snail posted:

hidamari sketch never gets bad I but I feel like maybe there is too much of it

There's actually too little

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No because it wasn't funny at any point

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't even know what 'antitwitter' means

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

dogsicle posted:

anitwitter
anime twitter

That's what I get for reading stuff while I should be working.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DisDisDis posted:

Motio Hagio's sci fi story about a post apoc world with only men is tl'ed but I found it super boring at the time. I wanna know about this lady

Oh she spent 10 years on a jose about a victim of sexual abuse that looks like it might be in english from cursory GIS, but I don't really want to read that at the moment

A Cruel God Reigns is really good but yeah don't read it if you don't want to deal with some serious poo poo.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Those are the normal hours I keep.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Everything Burrito posted:

that's entirely why I mostly avoid a lot of stuff out of that era, the art looks gorgeous but I am so not into tragic endings

I went to sleep at 9:30 and woke up at 4:30 fml

Moto Haigo stuff tends to not be too bad for that stuff, at least compared to her peers, while they can deal with super dark subjects they often end on hopeful or upbeat notes, from what I remember anyway.

Riyoko Ikeda is the worst for that, nothing but tragic death in her manga.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

El Burbo posted:

finally, the anime cameo ive been waiting for

I can relate to a character that stress eats a pile of burgers

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Only if you like lovely mobile gatcha games.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That bit creeps me out

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

homeless snail posted:

I just like when people talk about macross, instead of gundam. u can even talk about macross 2: lovers again, if you wanna, I know I do

Good music

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ugh forget about the map just follow the river

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I know the movie but not the girls

• Locked thread