Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
keykey
Mar 28, 2003

I think the clock is slow, I don't feel tardy. In any case, I'm gonna reach down, between my legs, ease the seat back..

Also, why the hell do these threads always start earlier and earlier? This time it was started a day and 3 hours out for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

slidebite posted:

What are the New Years traditions people here do?

We usually either go to sleep at 9 then inevitably get woke up by 12 am fireworks or we go see the annual Primus NYE show. This year we're having friends over for BBQ and uhhh...??? Probably just hang out and BS until the ball drops then go to sleep.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

IOwnCalculus posted:

My wife and I both had this, it took for-loving-ever to kick.

I was coughing up poo poo from June - late August then again from October to currently. I've been to my primary care physician and an allergist and both essentially say the same that there's nothing wrong and I just need to ride it out. Tons of fun.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Three-Phase posted:

Sears stock in 2007: $200/share
Sears stock in 2017: $9/share

They are running on fumes, they just have so much momentum from doing things like selling property and not stocking anything that they're on a slow slide.

Can't wait until Craftsman becomes a Harbor Freight Tools brand. :3:

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

cursedshitbox posted:

their ratchet bodies are pretty much the same.

fwiw horror freight sockets hold up better than my snap offs do.

Honestly, my fav sockets are the harbor freight rainbow sockets. Those are my go to for wrenching. I'd take the Pepsi challenge on those vs my Mac/snap on's. When I'm under a car/low light areas or if my kids are helping me, it's easier to grab/tell them a color than it is to name different sizes.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

BraveUlysses posted:

i didnt see this yesterday in the sears articles but they're selling off craftsman!

The purchaser has just been named today too, Stanley Black & Decker. There goes my harbor freight craftsman dream company.. :(

Edit: hopefully they'll change their name to Stanley Black & Decker & Craftsman. :haw:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/sears-sells-craftsman-brand-to-stanley-black-decker-1483623215?client=ms-android-att-us

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

funny Star Wars parody posted:

yeah it's loving insane how huge of a kickstart this is for us. suddenly we can pay double payments on our mortgage and have a fully funded emergency fund. we've never been able to spend money without thinking "hmm it's this or some groceries which is more important" so it's going to be a whole new world for us

it's such a huge blessing i can't even begin to describe it

That is pretty awesome, but in a bittersweet sort of way. I'm about to get 65k more in debt thanks to student loans. The first time I went to school I should have just completed my poo poo then since It was affordable, but noooo I had to take 15 years off instead of just paying my way through initially with a 40 hour a week job, and a masters that would have been close to 8k over 2 years. I now get to take out a 65k loan for just an 18 month program for a masters. The ROI should be worth it though, hopefully.. :homebrew: :suicide:

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Pham Nuwen posted:

I should be an uncle by tonight! I shall strive to be a cool uncle.

Edit: I already have a moustache

Congrats! I'm pretty sure I'll never get the chance to be THAT uncle even though I've wanted to be for a while but my sister has aged out and my brother in law doesn't look like he's going to do anything with life besides smoke weed erryday.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Pham Nuwen posted:

How old is old enough for a sip outta the beer can when mom's not around?

Newborn sounds about right if you want to be remembered as that uncle from an early enough age.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

IOwnCalculus posted:

Right about there is where slap me silly and I asked to be demodded and it's been a chain reaction since.

With reactions like that, I don't blame you. For what it's worth, you've been the best AI mod thus far.

edit: During limbo, I would like to throw 13"under the bus's hat into the thunderdome arena.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

fridge corn posted:

Holy poo poo which one of you is this lol http://facebook.com/profile.php?=73322363

Don't judge me, it hurts.. :(

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Rhyno posted:

That gag has been around since FB went public.

Doesn't mean we can't still have fun. :tipshat:

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

cakesmith handyman posted:

I feel sorry for you if you choose to have the Facebook app installed. The mobile site isn't as bad.

I refuse to install apps for websites I can visit in browser.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

ALL Pizza Hut's suck. ALL chain pizza places suck

This is the correct answer. The best pizza places are the mom and pop shops. The best pizza I've ever had though was from Chicago. I'd kill a hooker for a legit Chicago pizza right now, the last one I had was NYE 99/00 when I was hanging out in a server room because the client was a paranoid gently caress who thought the world was going to end or some such poo poo even though the server and the equipment for his ISP was only around 10-12 months old. gently caress it, I got paid double time, had free pizza, and played Unreal Tournament until the rear end in a top hat arrived in the morning, got paid, then headed back to CA. gently caress that part of the states.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

It's.. Beautiful. In all honesty this past week has given me so much entertainment, meanwhile I'm hanging out here in some swim trunks and 80's mirror shades sitting poolside in a lounge chair next to an umbrella watching the bombs drop. Oh? Yes, another drink please. Thank you. This is the stuff dreams are made of.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

I was at school all day yesterday and quite appropriately in one of my classes, the topic for creating an effective argument was how to persuade people on either side. The gist was that if your audience has an extreme view on either side, trying to persuade them is a lost cause. Conversely, if your opinion differs from either of those views, you're seen as being the other. This was a super appropriate topic as my wife is a social worker and also has worked with refugees in the past. In any case, we were laying in bed and she opens Facebook and her and her uncle had a heated facebook argument which I think is probably the lamest thing ever, but whatever. Anyway, she asked me what I thought and I honestly don't know enough about the refugee thing and I just said I don't even have an opinion. Instantly I was branded as being for the ban. Sometimes art imitates life.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

nm posted:

If you think that discrimination based on religion or national origin are wrong, you should be against the ban.
This isn't some complex thing like health care.

Fair enough. I haven't had a chance to read the signed document yet and honestly with everything I have going on in my personal life don't think I'll even get around to it anytime soon.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

nm posted:

gently caress the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDJ-LJjpm18

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Applebees Appetizer posted:

It's cool, I'm down with whatever isn't AI political Henny Penny chat

Wait.. This gives me an idea. Are we still without a mod?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Mods = none. No Mods or Kings, Only Man.

Time to steer this trainwreck away from politi-chat. Have a BLACK YUGO GV.

• Locked thread