Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
2017 will be off to an okay start. So far it's been about a week since I have had any nicotine, and I plan to keep going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I think for 2017 I am going to be an rear end in a top hat self-advocate more. Tired of trying to make nice and tiptoe around because other people are loving morons.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

EMT B. Gonna work on nursing I think. ASN pay is around 60k, BSN 71k. Allegedly.

One of my wife's aunts is a nurse of some variety, I think an RN. Maybe an LPN, but I'm pretty sure it's an RN. Anyway, she does care planning for a nursing home that's sort of upscale. It seems like a sweet gig if you know what you're doing. I've never heard her complain about it at all and the pay seems nice.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Found out yesterday that baby #3 is going to be a boy. That makes for girl, boy, boy. Really had no preference either way. My inkling thought it would be a girl which was wrong obviously. Pretty stoked and looking forward to my wife not being sick anymore.

Congratulations!

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I love having always on cig sockets. Makes it easy to leave a phone in to charge for a while or whatever. Didn't realize how much I liked them until we got a car that doesn't have them.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

The Door Frame posted:

I've been going back and forth on building an actual PC for a while, but I don't want to spend a few hundred dollars on another toy that I don't need

This is me, basically. I really just need a SSD for archiving photos. Beyond that, anything can handle what I want to do (youtube, forums, office, etc). That being said, I really want something that can play Kerbal Space Program decently, so I might need to investigate those refurbished laptops.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
My truck has ~237k miles on it and it's been about 12k since I last changed the oil...

I'm thinking change it and run something cheap for about a thousand miles, then change and run my regular oil (10w30 Castrol high mileage) just to get any possible gunk out. Should I do anything else? I usually change it at 5,000, fwiw.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Powershift posted:

There are people who spend money to put funny pictures besides people's posts on this internet forum.

Some of them do it for large groups.
<---Case in point.

Also, holy poo poo do they take forums too seriously.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

funny Star Wars parody posted:

I remember coming to the US and thinking that Little Caesars was godlike compared to the poo poo I had elsewhere

You guys have no idea how good you have it wrt pizza

Bless your heart.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I'd be watching Pence more than the orange herring that is Trump.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I wouldn't say bands like Zep and AC/DC are bad, but they are certainly overplayed. Working retail and hearing the same songs by them over and over and over and over and over has killed any notion of enjoyment of them.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Skiing aint skiing unless you have 200-300Kw of V8 in front of you and the snow has long melted into water. And then it becomes hilarious fun and one of the truly great things to do on a hot summer's day.

Never skied, but my most fun memories as a kid involve an innertube and going 40mph across the water behind my dad's boat. It was so much fun to get slung off and go skidding across the top of the water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Rhyno posted:

I woke up today and felt like myself again after two weeks of dark clouds and sadness. I don't know if it will last but it's so nice to feel sane again.

C.S. Lewis in A Grief Observed (his writings after the death of his wife) says something to this effect. There's pits of despair and things are bleak and hopeless, then there's this moment that comes seemingly out of nowhere where things just seem to get better and things seem a bit brighter.

drat. It's been nearly ten years probably since I've read that book. I recommend you pick it up, honestly.

• Locked thread