Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I'm loving the slowly-dawning revelation that if they repeal Obamacare they're loving themselves over.

They are going to do it anyway because its like 80% of what the majority of their constituency wanted. Well, in the heat of the moment anyways. The only way its not going to get repealed is if it gets watered down in committee and the majority leaders get to point to the Dems saying its not far enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

ded posted:

Trump claims to know more about the election tampering than anyone else and says he will 'let us know' about it Tuesday or Wednesday.

I can't wait.

So what lovely thing is he doing on Monday

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Ok I was wondering why some of my friends who are federal employees were freaking out this morning.

http://washingtonpost.com/local/vir....html?tid=sm_fb

Honestly, if you look at the disparity between state government employees and federal employees, this has been coming for a long time.

From my second-hand view, state employees are basically trash cans that get tossed around for fun. I can see a lot of middle americans not happy about that fact.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Whip Slagcheek posted:

People are going to quite literally die when the ACA is repealed without a replacement and you're sitting here singing a Gloria Gaynor song while you contemplate where you're going to jet off to for holiday. :fuckoff:

Yup.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Flikken posted:

Your AV shoul have been Vontaze Burfict.

Ravens stuff fuels my hatred more just by looking at this. Whip knows this. It was a sage, calculated, rear end in a top hat decision.

Burfict is just an rear end in a top hat.

e: Sorry for the derail N4I. Please move all critiques of my loser plaque to the FFB thread.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Yo, but seriously Biden/Duckworth 2020. Or Duckworth/Biden. Whichever works.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Bonus points if you do it in Germany and you get the Buzz Aldrin treatment from the authorities like I did. :shobon:

This sounds like a helluva night.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Mike-o posted:

gently caress can we just light this civil war off already. Also I usually keep my mouth shut.....but holy gently caress now some of you dudes that were pro gun control are seeing the value in firearms and the right to self defense. Oath Keeper retards and most of the retarded gun community not withstanding. I really really really wish Democrats would lay the gently caress off gun control poo poo because whelp look where we are now. I'm honestly considering what the gently caress I'm going to do if this erupts into a civil war or whatever the gently caress.

I've never been big on owning a firearm while also not trusting the government, because they are always going to have bigger guns than I would in such a conflict.

Basically the hope in this scenario is lay low, grab an M-16 off one of the fallen and then get in ~The Peoples Militia~. I guess buying a long rifle on standby with some good camo gear and a scope would probably be the way to go but *shrugs*, I don't have the space or training area for it.

Basically Red Dawn, except the Chinese are the Feds in this metaphor.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

holocaust bloopers posted:

Dude most likely hates being president. I mean look at how loving infuriated he got over inauguration crowd sizes.

He's got millions of people telling him off all over the world.

He's had people talking poo poo about him for 30 years. I honestly don't think this would seem to be any different in his eyes.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

holocaust bloopers posted:

You know Cheney is mad as hell right now. Not because of Trump's policy moves, but his inability to mastermind anything without looking like an idiot.

Can absolutely see him complaining about the bush league level of competition atm.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Godholio posted:

They don't have to reach all the way across the aisle. Just to the moderates who probably aren't white supremacists.

*points to every "How can we lead if we don't win reelection" scene in every political drama ever*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Pittsburgh news media was reporting earlier that Hardiman had posted on his Twitter bio that he was a SCOTUS nominee. I'll try to dig up the thing in a sec.

• Locked thread