Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
This bar in Olympia gave a half hearted "whooo" and then everyone kept drinking. Exactly how I wanted 2017 to start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Nice flippers. Doing some swimming later?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

MurderBot posted:

Anyone here have Google FI?

Need to get off of AT&T, holy poo poo their coverage in the PNW is atrocious.

I'm in Tacoma, ditched AT&T for Fi a little while ago, coverage is way better. Also much cheaper.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

One of my old coworkers crashed his friend's Ducati into a guard rail while totally not street racing, ended up in a coma for 3 days. He got demoted to E2 and 45 days of extra duty because he didn't take the mandated MSC. loving retard deserved all of it.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

Isn't the middle of Kansas and Missouri pretty much one giant dead spot for a reason?

Yeah, it's because all of the meth labs blew up and took out the cell towers Just Cause style.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I dunno, I cry in front of all of my Hot Pockets, and subsequently I feel like dying. The theory seems sound.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I was pissed when I found out that AF enlisted get BAH at E4, but I guess there's always some bullshit to go along with it.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

ElMaligno posted:

man people are really salty about Sicario on amazon reviews.

Good depressing movie though...

Yeah, I watched it for the first time a couple of weeks ago and yeesh. Not exactly a popcorn flick. But, it has an accurate level of cynicism about the state of the Americas.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

That second one reminds me of how I was in the car with some coworkers around. I had my music library on shuffle and the cover of Heroes that Peter Gabriel did came on. They all started commenting on Lone Survivor, and asking me about the movie. I've never seen the thing, I just like Peter Gabriel and especially David Bowie. When they started going on about how it's such a great movie and you're disrespecting those men by not seeing it, made me want to veer the car into the closest solid object

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Godholio posted:

These horse jokes are getting out of Hands.

The real problem was the horse that got in.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

My money's on the Cascadia fault line going again. Bonus if the seismic shift reinvigorates Rainier and the jet stream spreads a death cloud from here to Minnesota.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

orange juche posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W2iUl0VB8c

I would be ok with this, gently caress the entire west coast as well as Japan.

For when you want to cleanse the entire Pacific Rim, go with Cascadia Fault. Ask for it by name.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Another job lost. Thanks Obama.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

TBeats posted:

Seeing stuff like this at school makes me feel like I fit right in

I bet those keys click so good.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

When I bought my futon from Ikea, I found out when I got it to my car that it fit in the back like a glove. Less than an inch to spare between the wheel wells and the front seats and trunk door. I was pleased as punch.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Shame we never got the Tim Burton/Nick Cage Superman movie. That would have been a fever dream of a film.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

My mom doesn't know much about cars, and ended up getting a PT Cruiser as a rental once. She asked me later if she was correct in thinking that it's the worst car in the world, which it is.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

My brother's first car was a 900s Turbo. Fantastic car. My cousin ended up killing it by breaking the rear axle in half by hitting a curb while high, and we were all furious. That car deserved a better death than that.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

:getin:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

ElMaligno posted:

i got condoms that i will probably won't use.

Not for lack of trying, to be sure.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Had today off work, woke up early, had a couple beers and played some Forza, now I'm having some bourbon and watching American Gods before my hockey game starts. A good Friday.

Unless my team loses in which case there isn't enough alcohol in the world.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I mean just turn your brain off a bit maybe :420: but there is a story to it

I truly have no idea why it got the hate it did. I guess it wasn't more in-line with the original cartoon? Which was loving poo poo let's be real here

I haven't watched it in a while, but I bet in 4k with HDR it'd be one hell of a thing to see while high off your rear end. I think the acting was the main thing people didn't like, and that it really was just a cartoon with some people in it. Every single scene looks like a CGI cartoon. I dig it though. Plus, Christina Ricci, and Susan Sarandon.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

John Goodman as Pops Racer was inspired casting.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Grace from Will and Grace is most well known example.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

The AvE guy on YouTube got a Juicero and just put up a 45 minute video on it :stare:

Edit: oh my god, what an over engineered device that is, holy poo poo. This is insane.

A Bad Poster fucked around with this message at 22:12 on May 19, 2017

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Wait is there really a 4K Planet Earth 2?!

Oh yeah. It's loving great.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

:yeah:

$40 at Best Buy for planet earth 2 4k, think that's the normal price for amazon

poo poo's dope yo

Xbox one s seems pretty slick so far. Probably won't Game on it but hey the option is there? 🤷🏽‍♀️

lol I noticed it has a very peculiar fan noise and that seems to be an actual common issue but :effort:

Games with Gold is a pretty good deal. You get 3-4 Xbox One and 360 games for free every month with your subscription. I know you used to need gold to use Netflix and stuff on it, but I don't think you do anymore, but if that's the case, then it's something you'll probably have to get anyway. Not a bad deal though, it's only $50, and there are sales for gold cards a lot of the time.

I just picked up the 4k Blu-ray of Sicario and man does it look good.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Holy poo poo, the insides of that thing. :stare:

I had to watch that video twice just to absorb it all. The price tag makes sense now, the question is why the hell they did what they did. I just can't wrap my mind around it. Every time he unveils a new part I had to pause it just to go "what the gently caress?!"

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

It really is a masterwork in engineering design and production, it's just that all of that work is wasted on a device that just squeezes a bag.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

TBeats posted:

Backchat: a foam roller makes me feel amazing.

I really need to find a little Asian girl to walk on my back. I bet I'd feel so much better.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Did McChrystal really run like C-3PO or what?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

The real answer is to be rich enough that you don't have to ask.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

TBeats posted:

Your mom gave me a raise.

congrats!

:mediocre:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Olympia is the better beer.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Slim Pickens posted:

Have fun out there! I'll be one of the guys with a camera trying to make you look like murdering assholes, then spending the night in a hotel :discourse:

You'll be one of the few with any sort of camera. They're banning cell phones because during the last few trips out there this year pictures kept popping up on USAWTFM and the command got pissed.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Mustang posted:

Uh that's definitely something unique to your BN, we haven't received any instructions like that.

Wouldn't surprise me! Also from the sounds of things, everyone is coming back, going on the 4 day weekend for the 4th of July, and then they're having everyone work on Saturday and Sunday the following weekend to make up for it.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I was in a week long land navigation course that was instructed by some SF guys, and I've never had any issues with it since.

One if the best tips was gently caress pace counts and drift. If you know where you are, shoot an azimuth and look for any fixed point on that azimuth, be it a tree, building, whatever. Just walk towards that, and re-shoot once you get there. Any obstacles in the way aren't an issue because you just go around and keep going towards that fixed point.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Also, if you're airborne you probably have a TBI so get tested.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Goddamn, American Gods is a really good show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I caught the third Transformers on TV last night and some of the decisions that characters make just made my head hurt. I'll probably see the new one when I get back to Tacoma, but only because I'm an idiot.

• Locked thread