Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm not doing poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Vasudus posted:

I've never really done New Years. I probably would this year, if DC had anything remotely like NYC in the form of a centralized event. I'm not going bar crawling, or paying through the nose for a meal that they rush me through.
I had a teacher in high school who went to Times Square. He said it loving sucked, and that was probably pre-9-11. You stand around bored out of your loving mind except when they send the skycam by and then you act like you're having fun. It's probably worse now.

They do a big local thing here but the one time I watched it, in 1999, it looked like the lanest thing ever. They probably don't even bother televising it anymore.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Well it's 2017 CST now. I should be ok for the next 20 days.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Never smoked, and don't drink much. My main vices are pop and junk food. I mostly had stopped drinking pop 2.5 years ago but being in school and needing to stay awake kind of wrecked that. It's easier than making of waiting for coffee and probably more addictive. My exercise also tailed off. I'm not fat but am a little heavier than I should be and don't like it. I have no more actual classes so I'll have more time to work out again and get back in shape.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I've got it but it's hereditary ane not caused bt drinking. It's been a lot better since they dilated my esophagus a couple years ago. I was supposed to do something with an inhaler too but kind of forgot.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

My sister in law who can't even take care of a cat and has to have her cable bill paid for by her mother wants to adopt a meth addict's baby because this is what will complete her life.
Give her a bag of flour to practice with, then liveblog it so we can all laugh at her.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

psydude posted:

just lol if you don't accidentally turn your alarm off when you're disoriented in the morning instead of placing it on snooze and then fall back asleep for another hour
That's why I have an alarm clock, my phone, and my Echo set.

I was dumb and impulse bought a smart light switch on Black Friday without checking to see if I had a neutral wire on the old switch. Hopefully my next apartment does, I want to set it so the alarm turns on the light too.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Slim Pickens posted:

Crossposting from AI
Pickup trucks are pretty awful in the snow. My brother has his old tires and I don't know how many hundreds of pounds of sandbags in his bed and the rear end still slips. But the country songs say you need a pickup truck for your dirt road incest adventures so idiots continue to buy them despite their needs.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Insurance company didn't pay for a rental?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

You know I didn't even think to do that.
When I totaled a car 10 years ago the insurance company paid for a rental for a certain period of time, so a week or two.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

All the Military cold weather thermals and poo poo are p. good
The old polypro ones are pretty terrible. I mean they're warm but don't breathe at all, and I've heard stories about some really awful nipple chafing. The new waffle ones are better but I usually just wear my merino stuff whenever I can get away with it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The only reason it's not my worst movie of 2016 is that Sausage Party exists.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

TBeats posted:

Anyone ever use an inversion table? I don't have back pain (at least as far as where this issue is concerned), but my back pops every time I bend down unless I use a foam roller, which gives me relief for several hours. But I'm looking for something that is more effective at popping and stretching my back.
My brother bought one. I tried it out a few times, don't think it really did anything for me. It's a bit of a sore spot because it doesn't get used much and just takes up space at my mom's house. Specifically it sits in the spot where I had a computer desk when I lived there, and that was apparently an eyesore, but the stupid loving Teeter Hangups is ok I guess?! [/mad]

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

MA-Horus posted:

just one more day before he takes over @potus

god help us all
Actually he's keeping his own account. So there's at least one thing he won't sully with his tiny piss covered fingers.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

TBeats posted:

Pretty sure you're wrong about this. Not about keeping his own account, but I would be willing to bet a few dollars that he takes over the official POTUS twitter.
Apparently he's going to use both. I suppose it could be sort of sickeningly funny to watch him try to reign in his utter sociopathy slightly on the @potus account, but still fail miserably.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

TBeats posted:

Reigning it in would imply a sense of self awareness.
His attempt at professionalism would be funny and probably provide a great deal of fodder for psychologists.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Godholio posted:

We're pretty much at my limit for X-men lore. :shrug: I watched the hell out of the 90s cartoon, but only owned like 3 comic books in my entire childhood.
Go binge watch it all again. You'll suddenly notice how much animation is wasted demonstrating how the evil henchmen did not die after falling off of something.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

Company brought in Australian food for lunch today. poo poo is rich.
Invision catered?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Apologies old people. Hell is actually being behind an autistic child at a Coke Freestyle machine :stare:
This is Trump's America now. You can probably do some wrestling moves on the little rear end in a top hat and leave him laying in a bloody heap while you eat lunch and experience no consequences.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

You know what's really classy? The stuff that comes in a spray can.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

how do you guys crab? we used to run out on the jetties and throw in a clothespin with a smashed mussel on them, catch a bucket of them, then throw em back into the water bc lol @ eating crabs from long island sound
PCBs build up in your body and kill you character.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Actually the next film you need to watch is The Unknown Known. They go together perfectly.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jan 28, 2017

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The upside of finishing school a semester later than expectes is going to be having student status on 2017 years taxes while hopefully making a lot of money the rest of the year.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

That was my 2016. Plus in Canada you get a refund for tuition and book allotment multiplied by the number of months you were in school for that carries forward until you use it all, so my 2016 taxes are effectively nil :getin:
I got $4k between state and federal back on my 2014 taxes because I was in school for spring semester. It was only half time so I worked part time, and then immediately transitioned to full time and picked up a temporary technician gig at the end of the year. I'm hoping to do as well this time around.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

What dumb poo poo is he hawking?

I've shown a few people that Penn and Teller's Bullshit episode on MLMs. Those two seem to get through to the mouthbreathers out there that common sense generally cannot.

So if that moron you know watches it and still thinks it's his ticket to millions, he kinda deserves what he gets. Might as well direct him to get a CDL so he can drive a truck and spread the good word of his business to all the other dumbfuck truck drivers.
They're libertarians so that probably helps. Anyone else telling them that MLMs are stupid probably becomes a mean liberal who doesn't want you to have money. The John Oliver segment on MLMs is really good too.

My cousin got a job with CutCo and it led to a series of events that landed him in a burn center receiving a bunch of skin grafts.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The John Oliver piece was good, but he strictly rules out explaining things to idiots because, "he ain't even no 'murican. Why wouldI listen to that bitchy little queen's lapdog?" I'm rather neutral on Penn and Teller. I know a lot of people hate Penn for reasons, but dumb people love loud people, and there's few louder than Penn Jillette.

That sounds like a quality story to tell at family gatherings.
I like Bullshit! a lot when I was a teenager and was dabbling with libertarian nonsense. Some of their stuff is good but a lot is pretty dumb.

They claimed in the mid-2000s that secondhand smoke wasn't actually a real thing long after denial of that fact became ridiculous. They smacktalked Jack LaLane in an episode where they promoted fat acceptance. Then they're main rebuttle in an episode about Walmart was to have models show their tits after taking off shirts with slogans like "They'll give you work if you're not a hippie jerk!" Which is kind of funny but misses the point.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Mother gently caress it must be like winter goddamn formal or something cause there's about 70 teenagers in tuxes and gowns pregaming on the other side of my fence 🙄

lil bean is still enjoying himself through the blaring country music

Kill them all now, it's clear they don't have futures.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Naked Bear posted:

This is the part where you teach him about one of the many uses of the garden hose.
And I don't mean hosing them down.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Every Guard Weekend I turn the TV in the break room to Boomerang.
Supposing we live long enough I'm going to switch all the CCTV channels to Cartoon Network on my way out the door.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I wear Smartwool socks exclusively and gently caress anyone who tries to confront me about them not being exactly green.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

TheQuietWilds posted:

Is there any reason to think James is an awful person and not just a person who maxes out at 'fat-guy physical comedy?' He doesn't seem like a bad guy, he just has a really limited range.
He's in a ton of really bad movies and has joined Adam Sandler's acting stable nowadays. He's awful.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

It's gonna be 70 degrees today in Colorado Springs. Been in the 60s all week.

But we'll get slapped with snow here eventually.
-7 :getin:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

John Wick 2 is good.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Naked Bear posted:

They don't kill his new dogge, do they? :ohdear:
No.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

So it's pretty much an extension of the first one, as it should be, and they didn't do anything silly?
There's a lot more of the secret assassin society but it's handled pretty well.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

suboptimal posted:

So John Wick 2 is about as close to a live-action Itchy and Scratchy movie as we'll ever get.
Yes, that's a good way of putting it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Two Finger posted:

My German flatmate decided to make us all pretzels tonight

~life owns~
You trust him with an oven?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

TBeats posted:

Another thing that people may not think about when looking for a place to live: curb side trash pickup.

It wasn't on my radar when looking for a place but I loving love not having to walk/drive to a dumpster a few times a week. It's one of those things that you don't really know the convenience of until you run across it.
I looked at a place recently that was a bit more than I wanted to pay at $1340 a month. But really killed it in my eyes was that it was paid shared laundry. $3.75 to do a load. 2 loads of clothes a week, plus towels and bed sheets and you're getting close to $60 a month. gently caress that.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Godholio posted:

That math is not working for me.
2 loads of clothes
1 load of towels
1 load of bedsheets

$3.75 × 4 x 4 = $60

Past that I usually wash my comforter seperately because it doesn't dry well when it's in with other stuff.

I went for $1200 a month plus ~$30 for other utilities, and In-unit laundry. The military has made me hate shared laundry and they never made me pay to use the machines.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Feb 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Two Finger posted:

lol so that's a no then?
Two Finger promises to only gently caress a couple of fat girls in it. They're going to be really fat so it'll do as much damage as 4 would normally.

• Locked thread