Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I LIVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

dang

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Today is a big day--got myself a Lodge dutch oven.

hail culinary satan

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Happy New Years you buttfaces.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
^its you. you're the rocket man

anyway, you all ought to subscribe to NPR Music Tiny Desk Concerts on youtube. they pull in some cool bands and musicians to do a short set. always really good and a great way to discover new artists.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1B627337ED6F55F0

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

it's all about the brand.

lodge is just as good and about a third the price

lol I canceled the order on the lodge because of some crummy reviews on amazon plus I really want a nice red la creuset so hey might as well wait for my tax refund!

I use a cast iron skillet and a medium-sized pot at least 3 times a week so having a nice dutch oven, it'll get use

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
New couch, coffee table, and bed frame this year

plus bolster up on kitchen stuff--food processor, new forks and steak knives, etc

and then later on in the year maybe a 4K TV.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Took up and subsequently quit smoking about three times. Last cigarette I had must've been 2010.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I can't drink more than two beers without getting terrible acid reflux. It's like something that started in the past year or so.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
auugh

Did you give any to Mao :3:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Who's the goon who refused to cut back on Star Wars spending?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Mad Dragon posted:

Ronald Reagan.

Haha

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Naked Bear posted:

IIRC she was married, and it was the both of them that had that bizarre habit, as in every new piece of Star Wars merch they had to have.

Yea, it was a couple. They had a pages-long thread. Baffling.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Is anyone else getting spammed emails from the VA? I went and unsubscribed to not get them to no avail. I'd mark it as junk/spam but I don't want to miss an important email

yea they send me like 12 at a time every month or so.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Have any of you had any luck submitting a VA disability claim for other injuries/ailments after the initial round of claims?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I havent submitted anything new because ive been waiting on this appeal forever.

Glad it's working out for you dude.

I'd really like the VA to re-evaluate my knees. I had a few injuries while in. Every year they're getting worse and worse.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ok I sent out an email to DAV

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Mao got a haircut and bath today. She's a little peeved.

Hahahaha

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I've got three days left at this job. I was taken off of client meetings and don't have anything to do. It kind of owns.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
posting my alarms

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

TBeats posted:

What's the random 9:37 for

I wanna say that one was for when I had to travel to my brother's place for xmas eve.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
You will not get that butt Cole

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Ice Cream Barbara posted:

Morning conference call results: 15% raise :q:

Nice! Might as well buy that V6 Camaro as a gift to yourself.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm hoping that I can net a decent pay raise here in the next year or two. I'd love to have enough fun money to afford a car for pure recreation. Like a used BRZ or WRX.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I inherently do not trust a 25 year old German luxury sedan to be reliable or inexpensively maintained.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Just buy a cool ceremonial sword and be done with it.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'd like to have a replica of my AF BMT-issued rubber ducky.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Nothing you should view all ads

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
My coworkers are cool. I invited a bunch out for a happy hour just so I could hang out with them for a bit. I didn't buy a single drink for myself tonight.

New job starts Monday. I left after working on two Super Bowl campaigns. Pretty good kickoff to 2017.

bloops fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jan 7, 2017

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I just saw an old high school buddy of mine in that H&R Block ad with Jon Hamm. Weird.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
New job has the following poo poo:

A Bunn coffee drip machine. Finally I'm not suffering with bullshit keurig-like contraptions

Fully stocked kitchen with candy and healthy poo poo. Like 4 kinds of trail mix dispensers.

All in all pretty good.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
No, but we have a zen room where people can go take a nap on bean bags plus a game room with a pool table and ping pong tables.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Sounds cool. Hope it isn't one of those tech companies where you're scheduled for 8 hour days but are "encouraged" to work more if you need to ...

Not even. Work hours are "show up before 10, leave before 5"

Since it's an advertising tech company, they're extremely chill. Honestly, my last agency was much more uptight. It's a stark difference right off the bat. No catering to entry-level college kids.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Until you start getting sat down with your boss for discussions about your work ethic.

Nah it's cool. If there was anything weird about the company, I'd known already. Have a few friends who've worked here for a year already well before I started interviewing.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I've kept my aircraft pubs and flight gear. My pubs bag is untouched from my last flight. There's still data on the performance card and a oily pair of nomex gloves stuffed into a pocket.

I've kept all of my patches too. Those are cool. Then there's the EVA map from SERE that I hung onto.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Godholio posted:

I actually use my aircrew aids at work. Mostly for eyeballing transit and loiter times and for the pages of contact info for a poo poo ton of squadrons across the country. And a bunch of my patches are on the wall over my desk.

That's cool man. My 965th AACS flying scarf hangs on a doorknob in my room. I never got a 962nd AACS one.

And my leather jacket? No idea where that went.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Dutch oven came in today. The 4.5 quart size works out pretty well for my needs.

First up is a tomato sauce. No frills: garlic, salt and pepper, red pepper flakes, butter and a half cup of olive oil.

Here's all that reducing before dumping in the crushed tomatoes, a few hunks of carrots, half an onion, and bay leaves

Welp see ya in about three hours!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Mad Dragon posted:

Dry bay leaves give more flavor.

You mean dried?

This week's Sunny was outstanding. Instant classic. Equally heartwarming and depraved.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Two hours in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Mad Dragon posted:

You sure that's not basil?

Yes basil. Did I say bay leave?