Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Frank asking politely for a treat at the dog park.

Those dogs are brilliant. A late friend of mine had one called Clover he could wing a tennis ball at really hard, and if it was within reach, Clover would snag it. Sometimes we'd be working on a house out in the sticks and Johnny'd want to look for a farm pond to fish during lunch. Clover would look for cows to herd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Lol

It's flavored vodka, just mix it. Not like it's made from Russia's finest potato.

Russia's finest potato is punchline waitink for joke.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

ded posted:

Hey cool. My car battery shows 'green' but won't crank out a start and makes everything flash like its possessed. Oh and it has a bunch of loving corrosion and the car is less than 2 years old :wtc:

Wire brush and a can of coke.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

ded posted:

Bi-carb and water.

It was a real bitch to get the positive terminal off the corrosion was really drat bad. Getting terminal grease today and looks like I'll have to be putting more on every 6 months or whatever.

O'Reilly's has those treated felt rings for outie terminals- seems like they would work for the innie ones too, idk.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

My sister in law who can't even take care of a cat and has to have her cable bill paid for by her mother wants to adopt a meth addict's baby because this is what will complete her life.

She needs to take that Home Ec course with a robot babby that cries like a banshee if you don't give it your mostly undivided attention 24/7. That traumatized the heck out of my youngest daughter.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Was the mother addicted to meth while pregnant? Sis-in-law better get the crackdrug babby robot for the best possible experience.

I think they are programmable to degrees of annoying, hyes.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Pesticide20 posted:

Don't the robots also have accelerometers or some poo poo to record baby shaking?

Yeah iirc, and also a manacle that the 'mom' has to tie to her leg or arm. It's programmable

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

LingcodKilla posted:

So sorry.

Anyone in the construction/house contractor business?

Used to be. Sup?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Godholio posted:

Wait where do you find a $300 cruise?

If you're really loving good bridge player, they'll pay you to run games on ship, or they used to. If that's your thing. That was 20 odd years ago, their entertainment structure may have probably changed.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I always wondered how those single cruises get enough girls to not be a sausage fest. Do they get some kind of shady special discount so it's not discrimination

Yes.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Think his insurance will go through his twitter feed and deny his claim?

Because that's what I'd do.

lol

*Insurance agent* "Yo, Antny" :thurman:

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

redneck nazgul posted:

Actually, maybe somebody here can answer this for me. Probably makes me sound like an rear end in a top hat.

I'm in Virginia. My parents in Georgia have custody of my older brother's three kids until the kids are 18, because my brother and his methwhore of a girlfriend got picked up by the cops enough times with clearly neglected kids that the state gave custody to my folks. My dad's close to 70, my mom's a few years younger. They're in okay health, but raising a 9/6/4 year old simultaneously on SS/enlisted retiree pay and whatever public assistance Georgia deigns to offer is probably going to take its toll. I haven't spoken to the brother in about four years, and I rarely talk to my parents because A: the kid situation depresses me, B: my brother still gets unconditional support from them despite putting them into this situation and refusing to get his poo poo together, and C: I'm tired of hearing them whine about politics and urge me to stay in the military until retirement.

If something were to happen to one or both of my parents, is there any chance that I'd be given custody of the kids?

Not a lawyer, but your parents should move for full legal custody and put you in as next of kin responsible, imo. Then they should apply for whatever lovely state aid Georgia provides for 3 minors.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

joat mon posted:

I wasn't sure which way you were asking the question.

You will never be legally obligated to care for those kids in any way without your consent. No ifs, ands or buts.

With your consent, there could be some difficulties if the other grandparents wanted the kids.

Same here

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

redneck nazgul posted:

Yeah, I should have been clearer with that originally. I blame being sick and hopped up on cough syrup.

Thanks for assuring me and the wife that nothing will happen without our consent.

:hf: Same. Sinus infection and vertigo. I hate vertigo. Also where's the spider whisperer. I got bit again by one of those reclusive bastards.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Buca di Bepis posted:

It'd either be out in the yard or (worst case) under the street in front, since the offset is located at 107 ft along the run. I have no clue if this is a serious potential problem or if the inspector is just being cautious. Here's what he said: "Offset noted in main sewer line at a joint in the pipe at 107 feet. The offset appears to be over 1 inch. This can allow solids or debris to collect in the pipe causing blockage. This can also allow water to seep into the soil causing further settlement."

Isn't that the city's responsibility once it's left the property?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Buca di Bepis posted:

Apparently you can have private sewer line going under the city street. The city is only on the hook for the city line.

I do have a YouTube video of the sewer scope that I linked to in my quote requests. I'd hoped that the plumbers would look at it to give me a quote instead of just telling me to pay for another scope to show them the same poo poo.

Oh my word that would suck having to break out the street to fix a broken line or a bad clog.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

can you inherit from your kids? Because we just inherited a dog my daughter's had for 6 years but she's never like him, lol. Sweet little retarded Jacques.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Buca di Bepis posted:

Here's what I'm talking about FYI:

That's weird. So it's just leaking into the ground? Or is there some weird reducer fitted in there

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Helldump Immunity posted:

As a fellow homeowner you have my deepest sympathies. That's the kind of poo poo I dread :smith:

:golfclap: Don't we all.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Mr. Nice! posted:

If at all possible get the seller to fix this or pay to get it fixed.

Yeah this. Or knock the estimated amount off price.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Back at the dealership. Today Show is on the tv. How the gently caress do people watch this? Their banter is making me want to kill myself.

This is why earbuds and *some kind of music player* are a must have

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Mike-o posted:

The most my sister ever had was 2, wild ones that she caught. One was too wild and ran away, the other was pretty tame. After that she only had one bunny at a time. I miss having a bunny in the house :unsmith:

Also no my sister isn't crazy.

I had a call out by some people who needed an estimate on having their door trim repaired. Teethmarks, chewouts a couple inches up through out the house. They let 2 bunnies roam free, and they like to gnaw poo poo. In fact, I think I heard they have to since their front teeth keep growing.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Got a craigslist scammer wanting to overpay Paypal me for a phone and saying U.S. Army stolen valor? mods?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Was looking at entry level drills and stumbled upon this one and, uh, ordered it

BLACK+DECKER BDCDMT120C Matrix drill

There's a ton of rad attachments for it I'm researching a bit. Definitely gonna get the saw, maybe sander? and impact

Do I really need an impact gun attachment?

LingcodKilla posted:

Also B&D bought craftsmen and not sure what their future is with their tools.

Not sure who bought who, or if Stanley's also in the mix. For years now, a lot of Craftsman power tools have been rebranded B&D. Corporations, right? Also there's a tools thread in the DIY hobbies subforum, but keep in mind they'll probably heap scorn upon Black & Decker. Goons, right?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3384038

Combo packs are pretty nice, usually you get a drill, saw, sawzall, flashlight, sometimes an impact driver.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Rad Lieutenant posted:

lol I'm fucken in love with this av

Dat talking fish reminds me of a very silly show that didn't even last 1 season called Wonderfalls.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Everyone loves the guy giving unsolicited advice at the gym.

This needs to be a smiley

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Well I'm boycotting Safeway. A bag with milk, cereal, OJ, coffee, and a little ice cream rang up at $38. All common name brands Went home to price compare and just noped the gently caress out. It's all amazon fresh and the chinese market from now on.

$4.50 for a half gallon of milk. Gotta be loving kidding me.

Too much bro, even if it was organic. Sprouts are pretty good and competitive.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

LingcodKilla posted:

Painting my daughters and my nails. Nail bottle brushes are booboo garbage.

I'll be the swarthy Mexican drooling on a hobie pedal drive kayak.

Pics!

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Plz don't do this to me, it's already stressing me out

Congrats & don't sweat the poo poo you can't change and something something dadosophical

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Hello

Ahaha. Haha.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Naked Bear posted:

A dad as gently caress project:

https://imgur.com/a/mRfgu

Fortunately I was able to talk the builders into running electricity and insulation down there. Better yet, they didn't charge me extra for doing it.

:drat:

Zeris posted:

I don't know much about construction but that looks like a fun way to learn about carbon monoxide

It's a basement

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Enough CO2 in a contained area and it can be bye-bye lights out.

But that's not important right now

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Buca di Bepis posted:

I'm almost a homeowner and man it feels weird. I posted before about the sewer offset issue I found - the initial estimate for the repair was $1800, but when the contractor went back to see exactly where the issue was and saw that it was under the sidewalk they increased it to $5000. The seller's covering everything before closing and I absolutely would've walked if they hadn't agreed to that.

Get the sewer scope. $125 up front can save you a lot of money.

That's a shitload for taking out a section of sidewalk, but well done, :fingerscrossed:

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Just got home from my vasectomy. It sure is odd seeing smoke coming from your testicles.

Maybe you've been doing it wrong all these years?
/
:dadjoke:

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I just locked my loving keys in the work van. :suicide:

Is it a fob remote type? (work van = probably not)

If it is, does anyone else have a spare set?

C) If so, call them, have them press unlock over the phone while you hold your phone next to the van

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Nope it's an old chevy work van. Manual locks.

You got a slimjim?

:stare:

That doesn't work (right?)

That snopes link he posted says no, but it has worked for me. I guess it's a ymmv wash.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Got a cousin that blew up a hotel room making meth. He was blown out the second floor window in only his underwear. Just one of the many charges that got him a long prison stint.

He also blew up a car by leaving his meth rig in the car on a hot day with a bunch of those soda bottle rigs in the trunk. Made a grand fireball out my grandparents Grand Marquis. I dunno, times was tough. I blame that sumbitch Dubya in the White House.

This reads like the opening lines to the sequel of Raising Arizona= the Nathan Arizona Story.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Two Finger posted:

man i forgot how goddamned amazing the fog of war is

dude knows he's damned but goddamn he has some things to say

Watch Hearts and Minds next

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

I kinda knew Randy Floyd, the bomber pilot who has an epiphany during the film. He came back to go to school pissed off, and was the VVAW head honcho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

lite_sleepr posted:

With the advent of a new meme, the FedEx guy, it got me to realize something: I don't think I'd really care of I saw idiots burning or stomping on a US flag. It would make me think less of them, but I wouldn't charge in there and tackle them or deploy a fire extinguisher. What about you other dads?

it's the idiot's flag too, you know. Better than the idiot turning an 18-wheeler into a bystander destroyer....usually.

• Locked thread