Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Hope everyone is doing something fun to ring in another awesome year.

I'll be at home, going to bed early, only to be awoken by our bark happy belgian malinois as people shoot off fireworks.

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Some chicks hold up well with a few extra pounds, good genetics stores it in the right place and it works for em

Others essentially look like an autistic kid had too much play dough and tried to make a person out of it...

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Never has the term "your got shrekt" felt more appropriate than now...

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

first full year as a 30 year old and I already don't give a gently caress about anything.

hail satan.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

buncha geriatric fucks you guys are.

brb getting more icy hot for my knee

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Yes, I was an obese kid at 250 lbs, 5 ft 8 at my peak and gaining weight for me is super loving easy and makes for maintaining and dropping weight really difficult.

I bike around 1.5-2 hours a day or do at least 2 hours of exercise most days of the week, to lose weight I eat probably 2,000 calories however I'm probably at a net caloric expenditure of 3,500+ per day.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I go through like 6 cans of LaCroix a day. IDGAF if it's somehow killing my kidneys, when the hospital is giving it away for free, why not..

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Smoked in Iraq back in 06. 4-5 Cig a day kinda dude. Came back and for the first semester of college smoked 4-5 a day. Then one day just didn't feel like going out in 20 degree snowing weather to grab another pack. Didn't smoke until last year before I moved, I was near half a pack kind of day within a week, and smoked all 3 weeks after my OCS affair.

I'm a weird kind of smoker where I can pick it up and put it down really really easy apparently..

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Just vomit after you eat, loving pussies

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I feel so god drat bad for ostomy patients, it's probably one of few of the people I take care of in the medical field where I actually have sympathy for in my black rotten soul.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

also only 2 bars with WiFi? you stealing your neighbors internet or something?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

5:06?

I don't....uh....?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

o word

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

holy poo poo.

I'm up at 0328 before my alarm even goes off at 0330 y'all need sleep studies

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

gently caress... the past two days central Oregon got like 15+ inches of snow in some places, and to top it off a solid couple hours of freezing rain right as I went off work last night.

out of the 13 staff members I supervised I put 8 of them up in hotel rooms where they usually place the doctors and admin staff when they can't drive home. I'm pretty sure I spent over $1300 on hotels since my single bed room was 120, and I had a few nureses who's kids were in daycare who needed an upgraded room.

I'm fully expecting to get a talking to when I go to work tomorrow because I decided not to put nurses in patient rooms to sleep overnight.

Nice and hot piss fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 9, 2017

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

I still wear a lot of my issued thermals, really nice.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Just when Oregon's massive onslaught of winter weather had me to the point of hating this loving state, she pulls this on me.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I live in Redmond, Oregon. This is Smith Rock State Park... About 5 minutes from my door.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

ReverendCode posted:

The snowpocalypse has made for some truly heroic conditions up on Bachelor though.

True... But I have no desire to ski, i'd rather bike or run on the snow.

Also 100 bucks for a day pass to ski on bachelor? I was enlisted bruh I don't have that kinda cash to throw around, I gotta spend it on hookers and my camaro loan.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Not trying to thread poo poo but aside from maybe heart rate monitoring I'll never understand this new obsession with tracking your steps traveled and poo poo via fitbitswhatevers. Woo boy I walked three miles at work today

It has its purpose, there's a lot of studies that show walking 10,000 steps a day essentially the equivalent of 5 miles walked, enough commuting exercise to help with keeping individuals healthy and shows to reduce many health disparities associated with sedentary activity. I think the current studies show that the average person walks between 3,000-5,000 steps a day which is of course... Half what is recommended by many individuals in the public health world.

Accountability and just keeping track of your daily fitness is a good way to help with continuing your fitness goals or striving towards reaching them, since counting your steps per day in your head sounds horrible. But like everything, it's just a tool to help the user, if the user doesn't give a single poo poo about it and thinks it's a novelty then it's pretty pointless to have.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I think what I'm getting at is for most people it's like "huh, so I walked that far today, well off to the couch." like it doesn't actually have an impact or change anything

True that. A majority of your fitbit owners really don't use it as a means to actually "push" themselves to reach a goal that can be quantified throughout the day/week/whatever.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Dropped soda's when I was like... 18? now 30, never looked back.. had a bad habit with diet drinks but i've essentially cut those out too.

Did the "holiday sobriety" challenge that happened on the forum, had a solid 3-4 days of binge drinking, back to being roughly ~16-17 days sober. I always feel good after a couple days of no drinking, but after 2 solid weeks of not drinking I feel like a completely different person.

I pretty much take in a solid 3-4 cups of coffee in the A.M, followed by drinking three 32 oz hydro flasks of water. Nothing flavored....

that's me in a nutshell anyone want me to autograph your boobs?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Has anyone seen La La Land? I watched it about a week ago and thought it was actually really good, although artsy and didn't really follow the genre of most movies out there...

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

My garmin watch says I run fast because I can actually run fast, loving nerds

can anyone help me put these 35's on the smith machine?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I don't really lift, I just bike and hike and run and swim and other poo poo.

The last time I did squats it was in a squat rack and I was able to do 185 weighing in around ~160 lbs. Probably can't do that anymore though.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

i was hoping you had velodrome quads

My quads are decently big, but not Track cycling big. My calves are big as well. I'm pretty certain I have a higher amount of slow twitch muscle fibers than anything, and i'm sure if I go to the gym people are gonna be like "dudes gonna throw some legit weights on that squat bar" only to be disappointed in the end result.

faaaarrrttttttt

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

There's other things I'm good at to keep you saluting :bigtran:

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I get roughly 15,000 steps in a day at my little hospital, so usually 3-4 days in a row of continual walking.

By day 3-4 I have the horrible habit of grazing while i'm at work. The first day or two I can stave off the hunger but after that there's no satisfying the beast inside of me :(.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I want to go up to Seattle once the loving passes aren't covered in 300000 feet of god drat snow and causing avalanches.

I guess no is the answer.... I think it's only a 4 hour drive from Central Oregon

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

chicken and rice is my go-to.

you can find low calorie type toppings/sauces to mix things up, or go traditional soy sauce and other low calorie sauces.

If you're watching your BP then just monitor your sodium intake with whatever you put on it.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Portland's Craiglist section is pretty awesome as well.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Pesticide20 posted:

The end of this movie is campy as gently caress

Maybe it's because I'm secretly anti American but I really didn't enjoy hacksaw ridge. Like 2.5 erect penises out of 5 in my opinion.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I got the movie Stripes for christmas the year before I shipped out to OSUT at Ft. Knox.

Awesome movie, and Bill Murray is also awesome, regardless of the differences between reality military and made up military

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Swam 1,000 yards.. Haven't swam in roughly 2 years.

My keyboard is on my lap because it hurts to raise my arms..:(

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Just finished Hell or High Water, probably my favorite of all the oscar nominations.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

3.7k refund without adding in student loan interest and moving expenses

downside: gonna owe like 4k in NM state taxes :(

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

The most important thing for bystanders to know is how to call for 911, how to perform basic CPR and most importantly: do something instead of being a loving bystander that watches.

I've run two codes in busy offices where there was a witness cardiac/respiratory arrest and the only thing someone decided to do was call 911. Both were lying on the floor with probably 10-15 people just staring at them, AED literally within walking distance for any of them and both individuals ended up dying. They could have probably died anyways depending on so many other factors, but early CPR/defibrillation at least gives them a fighting chance rather than slipping down the "chance of survivability" ladder.

The only other thing that I'd like to be disseminated down to the general population is bleeding control, just because there's enough people doing stuff in the outdoors where it isn't outside the realm of possibility for someone to roll an ATV and end up hitting some major artery or whatnot. Needle decompression/open chest wounds is a bit much even for the lay person IMHO.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Tire chat:

Buddy is selling some winter tires before he trades it in, putting the bald as gently caress tires on and selling these on the cheap.

The question at hand: My current tires are 225/55R/17 and the one's he's selling at 225/60R/17. Is there any reason that these wouldn't work?

Car in question is a 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek...

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

That's what I had read, which really isn't a huge ordeal for me since I won't be setting any kessel run records driving in the snow. This will allow me for much safer passage across our wintery mountain passes to engage in festivities in portland any other places across the coast though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Just booked a trip to Chico California. It's not SF but gently caress Central Oregon and all this god drat snow

• Locked thread