Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

TBeats posted:

one of the most annoying things about the VA is that they send me mail, but they send the exact same piece of mail to my aunt's house.

i have called to try to remedy this, but nothing ever changes so i just kind of gave up trying. at least my aunt is cool about it. they send maybe two or three pieces of mail a month.

speaking of mail, i'm hype as gently caress to be getting my kindle on thursday.

Kindles own so hard. Not only do I read faster on them, it's less book clutter taking up space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Ice Cream Barbara posted:

Someone talk me out of cloning my service rifle

What laser is that? That's likely going to be the hardest part as far as building a rough clone.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

Pretty sure that's just the MILES laser, which fits with the background looking like some lovely temp Bs at a training center.

Oh look lol I didn't recognize it, assumed it was an IR laser of some kind.

A rough clone of that M4 shouldn't be that much, maybe $1500 tops if you piece it together yourself. Depends on how close you want the parts exactly.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I see CompM4 CCOs go for $475ish used on the regular. You could put together an upper and lower from PSA for cheaper as well. Just gotta get a premium or CHF upper, not the bottom of the barrel ones.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

Maybe next year Santa can bring me a SBR'd lower, HK MR556A1 shorty upper, OSS can with a stamp, Magpul furniture, and an Aimpoint.

A pallet or two of Mk318 to feed it would be nice, too.

Better start on the ATF SBR/silencer forms now if you want it by Christmas :suicide:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

My workplace finally got my desk/cubicle area set up. I had them set everything so that it would be a standing desk all the time. I really like standing desks. This is probably the lamest work related thing I've ever been excited about. Now I can actually settle in!

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Some, yeah. You just gotta dig for it sometimes.

I haven't fired a S&W AR, but they have a street rep for being a decent starter gun. If I wanted a basic starter gun I'd probably spring an extra couple hundred for a Colt 6920 or something like that, but I am also very much an overboard gear queer so take that for what it's worth :shepicide:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I'd stay away from anything under the Cerberus umbrella, that mainly being Remington and Bushmaster. They cut QC a bunch. DPMS is terrible as well. My first contracting company issued those, and we had several new guns blow bolt lugs within the first few hundred rounds. Not sure regarding Windham. You probably won't go wrong with a S&W. (Again I haven't ever fired one, so take that FWIW.)

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

15 round here in CO, not 10.

That said, it's unenforced by most of the sheriffs in the state. The local gun store here in town openly sells >15rd mags as "rebuild kits" and has ever since the ban hit.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

MurderBot posted:

Just when Oregon's massive onslaught of winter weather had me to the point of hating this loving state, she pulls this on me.

drat, that's gorgeous.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

RE: all the back/neck aches people have been posting about. I got one of these on a friend's recommendation and it owns: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BJATS9Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

At first it felt all like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5kEyo1qL-U

But then it was like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0XzMOW0wgI

I've thrown my back out a couple times from dead lifts, and this thing definitely helps.

(Also it's a unit the size of an MP3 player with electrode pads on wires, so you don't have to worry about it being one of those "massager" units that looks like a big ol' vibrator.)

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

MA-Horus posted:

My hombre, if you're throwing your back out doing deadlifts stop doing deadlifts or drop the weight SIGNIFICANTLY so you can focus on form. Your back should not be engaging to that point whatsoever.

Clench that rear end like the green weenie is trying to invade, deep belly breath, squeeze the lats like you're trying to crush oranges under your armpits and hinge at the HIPS.

Yeah I stopped. Having that happen twice in a year was enough for me. No other exercise I do has that kind of risk or injury potential.

I've been doing kettlebell swings to work that area in the meantime. What other lower back exercises are there that aren't as risky?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

:golfclap:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Slim Pickens posted:

Whoa hey I found a thing

That's a G36, not an AR15.
:goonsay:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Pesticide20 posted:

It would be you

If not me, then who?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

ManMythLegend posted:

Yeah, those didn't work for your mom either. :(

:drat:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Munching on fiber bars throughout the day helps maximize your work pooping.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I miss chilling out on deployment with no cares in the world but the immediate mission and pimping my hard drive out. The Army, I don't miss at all.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

If you're packing yourself, just make sure you use appropriately sized boxes for what you're moving.

The only thing I hated more than those couches that fold out into beds and pianos were people that packed a bunch of books into very large boxes.

Also those plastic tote things suck for moving. Can't stack many on top of one another and they don't move well on a dolly.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

9mm gets you cheaper practice ammo, less recoil, potential for a less thick grip, and modern hollow point defensive ammo is just as effective as .45.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I've been running Tmobile prepaid for like $40/mo for a good while now. Unlimited talk and text, and 2gb data limit. I don't do poo poo with data on my phone so it works for me.

I mean I'm also antisocial as hell so I don't use the talk/text much either sooo

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Are you doing the "Simply Prepaid" plan? Because mine's 40 bucks as well, but shows 3GB. Don't think I've ever been able to use it up.

Yeah, same thing. Did they bump it to 3gb? Neat, I never noticed. Most of my phone internet use is at work on the wifi, so I hardly ever go above 1gb in actual roaming data use.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You guys were right about Logan. That was some excellent poo poo.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Please stop quoting him I've been blissfully unaware of his 2extreme edge for months now.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Hey HCT what's the weather in Idaho like in July? There's an area in the Sawtooth national forest that I'd maybe like to explore, but if it's still a snowed in, muddy mess at that point I'll have to postpone till later.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

not caring here posted:

Unless of course you're on post and looking for a clean burning source of lamp oil.

:golfclap:

I am thoroughly incompetent with women, which should come as no surprise to anyone here.

It's how I can afford so many guns :haw:

:smith:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

That's my big sticking point, I don't want kids. Seems like most people do at this age so welp.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Booblord Zagats posted:

Get

the

gently caress

out

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

not caring here posted:

Logan isnt an x men movie. It's just a good movie that happens to have some x men in it.

If that makes sense.

It does, yes. It's not some CGI extravaganza of NYC being destroyed and superpowers and witty quips flying everywhere. It's not some silly origin story where the same parental figures die that we've seen die numerous times already either. I think this is the first comic book movie that was about ending.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

So uh, how does one get these robots exactly?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

:patriot:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

idk when something comes out over 30 years later in the same universe/timeline that's a reboot to me

So? Fury Road turned out pretty phenomenal.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Pacific Rim was the culmination of every piece of media I consumed prior to finishing high school. The best part was that I saw it in theaters and had NO IDEA WHATSOEVER what the movie was going to be about. Hadn't seen a trailer, read a plot summary, anything other than vaguely knowing it was about giant robots.

Let me tell you, going in blind was an experience.

:gizz:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

idk man i like mowing

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Hey I heard y'all like landscape pics :v:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Mike-o posted:

I seriously always forget how loving huge the Columbia is until I see it in person again. I really need to go see the other half of this state, I've only been here for 24 years :v:

And The Rat, I'm jealous as gently caress dude that you get to just see all this awesome scenery and get out into the wild like that. And the guns, I'm jealous of all your gats.

There's always a price to pay man. You have a girlfriend and a life and all that. I got guns and chickens and when work allows, road trips and sleeping in my car. Working on getting more socially apt, but it's not easy when you're a goon :v:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I was doing some off trail land nav last month to make a shortcut and somehow ended up on private property, which I didn't think anything of until I saw a run down house through the trees, surrounded by old construction vehicles. It was like a cross between slasher movies and Mad Max.

Had to creep around it MGS style so as not to be detected. Probably wouldn't have gone over well since I had Waldo out and slung. Ended up not being a shortcut due to the time it took to be sneaky.

The Rat fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jun 9, 2017

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I hope that when I die, it will be in the wilderness where no one will find the body and not hooked up to a bunch of machines, dying alone in a nursing home.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

anyone who didnt post up to this point are the real fatties

your silences speak volumes

5'6" 173lbs, but I work out a decent amount.

e:

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I'm in better shape now than when I was in.

Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Dead Reckoning posted:

Personal goals include one day making an AR-10 SBR in some godawful barrel burning caliber with a JP recoil eliminator.

TURN DOWN FOR WHAT

Make it in .510 Beck and reload your rounds to have those .50 spotter tracer rounds and you'd have a literal bolter with exploding rounds :getin:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/01/05/510-beck-a-690-grain-subsonic/

• Locked thread