Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

LostCosmonaut posted:

The bad: Dude from Boston decided on Red Lobster because it's his favorite seafood place.

The gently caress? Where are you guys right now that Red Lobster is a "good" option?

Also that guy isn't from Boston, don't give a poo poo what he says.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Well, Claude Julien got fired by the Bruins this morning. Time for a new Av/Username I think.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Deathy McDeath posted:

This post is only sort of Dad-related, because it's about getting a job and our dads would definitely want us to get jobs.

Anyway, people have been telling me since the beginning of time that I should do voiceover work and blah blah whatever. Last week I actually went in and recorded a no-poo poo demo reel and had it mastered by professional audio engineers. I picked up the disc today and it sounds awesome. The guy who runs the studio says that he really likes my voice and that I take direction well. He went ahead and forwarded my demo to an agency, so I'm already one step ahead in the job-getting process.

As a bonus: the dude asked me to come in next month to do a read-through for a TWC Spectrum commercial they're doing. Maybe I'll get it!

Congrats!

My dad does this (he used to do news radio) in his spare time and has a sound booth and all sorts of audio engineering equipment for it. He loving loves it and I think he secretly wishes he would get laid off from his current employer so he could do it full time.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Thirded.

Started doing lawnwork and gardening stuff yesterday. gently caress, I'm sore.

Oh, and beekeeping has started up this season. That's always fun and :homebrew: At least both of my hives lived through the winter :unsmith:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Dunkirk owned. The sound mixing alone was amazing.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Spiderman.

Valerian looks interesting but from everything I've heard it's got "wait for it to hit netflix/hbo" written all over it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Anyone here every fly on Aer Lingus international?

My girlfriend and I are looking at flying out to Edinburgh for New Years and their flights are pretty cheap right now.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

tastefully arranged labia posted:

changed my mind

https://shop.oafnation.com/collections/mens-t-shirts

i don't want one and these guys are retards and i hate this especially:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrugYB7dPOA

Holy poo poo, this is the dumbest thing I've seen all week.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

cowboy elvis posted:

Reminder that people who constantly bring up that they are veterans are the loving worst.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

tastefully arranged labia posted:

so is oaf run by snake eater types or just the people who suck tier 1 dick

The later, or guys who went through Ranger school and then cycled back into an infantry unit right after.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Facebook recommend a girl I went on one date with as a friend once. What was weird about it was, I had looked her up when we originally went on the date but I didn't have a facebook account at the time. (I made a new one a few months later).

So either she looked me up or Facebook is doing some really weird poo poo. Either way.

gently caress Zuck, 2020.

Lawn chat: I haven't mowed my lawn in about a month and it's starting to overgrow. Should probably get around to doing that.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

The Rat posted:

Yeah that's why I don't bother saving dates as contacts unless it ends up going anywhere. Otherwise people you may know ends up looking like a graveyard of failed first dates.

Yeah that's the weird part though, I don't have facebook's garbage app on my phone. So the plot thickens.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I really need to finish that show. Started the first season but stopped watching cause I got busy with work, and I couldn't really watch when I worked from home because anytime there was subtitles on the screen, I had to stop what I was doing to see what was going on.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Anyone ever been to Gibraltar? Planning on going later on this year.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Zeris posted:

Hey moms, I got a late start on my summer beach bod and I'm just now getting into the habit of running 2.5 - 3.5 miles, three times per week. I've been doing it a month on year-old, barely used running shoes. My knees are already starting to ache, even on off days. I tried drinking water and taking an NSAID. Do I really need new running shoes? What else should I do?

New shoes and sport insoles maybe? Helped me when I had running pain with newer shoes. Aside from that, only thing I can think of is maybe you're impacting with the ball of your foot.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

Really glad cigarettes gross me the gently caress out and I never had to deal with that particular monkey. Although strangely enough an old squad leader got me into cigars, but even then it's like a 3-4 a month kinda thing at most. Hell even then it's usually only when it's not loving grossly swamp rear end-ish out, hanging out and grilling/drinking with friends. People talking about burning 2-3+ a day every day blow my mind.

Same. I smoke cigars maybe once a month at most. Cigarettes gross me the gently caress out.

Snus is my other vice but I usually only use it once or twice a day for a couple of months and then I'll quit cold turkey without skipping a beat only to pick it back up when I go visit friends in Norway or they come here.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Also echoing that Sons of Anarchy blew so much wasted potential and it pisses me off to think about it.

Stopped watching right around the time they go to Northern Ireland, because holy gently caress that was bad.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Two Finger posted:

If anyone is interested in the minesweeper from Dunkirk I asked about the anchor being down

My mate said this

Maybe they'll CG it for the blu-ray release?

But to be honest, I was so caught up in the movie that I didn't notice the anchor till a little later and even then my brain told me to ignore it because of the plot tension.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

OTH, every time I've flown Lufthansa, I've had pretty attractive flight attendants.

Speaking of Germany and it's love of sausages and beer. Maybe I'll push my girlfriend to go to Bremen or Hamburg when we're staying in Edinburgh.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Any other good history podcasts out there? I'm caught up with dan carlin besides this brand new episode but I need something to listen to for some long car rides coming up.

AskHistorians does one that has interesting topics from time to time. They just had a two part podcast on the Battle of Jutland.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Long-haired and bald cats are gross

Bitches leave.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Casimir Radon posted:

Note: The guy on the right beat his ex-girlfriend and some other guy nearly to death and is spending the rest of his life in prison. Mr. Alpha Male poo poo also tried to kill himself in prison.

Also gave us this gem,
"The oppression of MEN is worse than oppression of Jews in Nazi germany, worse than the slavery of Blacks in early America."

It's so hard being an alpha. You can't just hang with your bros and beat the poo poo out of your ex- girlfriend without someone trying to oppress you.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

A few weeks back, I helped out my elderly Chinese neighbor with her lawnmower cause it was busted. She tried to pay me afterwards and I said there was no need.

This weekend she brought my girlfriend and I homemade egg rolls just because. This morning I thanked her for them while I was walking Zelda and then she then offered to cook for us sometime.

I'm so pumped, cause homemade (non-american) Chinese food is delicious.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Proposed to my girlfriend today :toot:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I just read "proposed to girlfriend" and took "girlfriend" as she said no. Gotta fix that nomenclature, dude.

Past tense phrasing :colbert:

Now the ardous journey of dealing with wedding planning junk. My idea of eloping to Scotland was met with mild interest so maybe I'll luck out yet again.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Saved some woman's dog from running into the street by the mall, was rewarded by the universe with a free upgrade on my Madden purchase.

Everything's coming up Millhouse Handsome Ralph.

Also when I left she was waiting outside to say thank you again and I got to pet the dogge a bunch. :smugdog:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Dead Reckoning posted:

The whole thing went down hill when it got big enough that they had to crack down on illegal automatic weapons fire and openly distributing drugs. Wild things and Bohemias are both better when they are unsafe.

Yeah I remember reading about a dude getting to go up in a Swordfish or F3 and getting to mag dump a machine gun. Then afterwards the decision was made that guns were no longer allowed or whatever. Hard pass, cause that would be the only reason I'd go.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

With all the police hate especially amongst the motorcycle community I try to give cops the benefit of the doubt. Then poo poo like this happens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSNb6NPoCy0

:stare:

How the gently caress?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

This looks legit good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3tkFOtM6go

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cLxCjjJbnY

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

orange juche posted:

The biggest :stare: in that thread was the realization that my car has an arrow on the gas gauge indicating the filler cap side, I've been driving for 12 years and never noticed that.

My fiancee and most of her family didn't know about this either. I blew her mind the first time I told her about it.

Her dad ran an autobody shop for years. He knew about it but neglected to tell everyone else because he figured it was just common sense.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

The latest Rick and Morty might just be the best one yet.

Yeah it was, I've watched it like three times already.

Also, :lol: :stare:

maskenfreiheit posted:

So saw the preview for next week's episode Morty's Mindblowers

I wonder how many of those memories Morty had removed are of Rick blowing a load in his little hiney... I mean I think it's obvious from the dancy morty's club last ep that there a lot of, uh, :airquote:offscreen action:airquote: the network doesn't want to show

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Hmm, they just replaced my Nexus 5X last month cause it bricked itself. I wonder if they would send me a pixel now if it happened again.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

psydude posted:

Yep. Living in Arlington was great, but every other part of NoVA is suburban hellscape. MD costs more, but at least they actually maintain the roads and have snow removal.

Are you future me?

Went from MD/DC line to DC to Arlington. Probably staying in Arlington till I buy a house, likely in MD if I stay around here. Otherwise, hello Nova Scotia or Massachusetts.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

LingcodKilla posted:

That's BS. Air and Space is good but too loving crowded and the military stuff is barely any better or quiet frankly worse than Pensacola Naval Air or Air Force Armament or Pearl Harbor.

You know when Air and Space isn't crowded?

Thanksgiving Day. I go to the hanger in Dulles with my dad every year. It's awesome.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Evil SpongeBob posted:

I think you two are disagreeing on different air and space (mall vs. Dulles) museums.

I mostly go to the Dulles museum on Thanksgiving but have been the one on the Mall a couple of times on Thanksgiving. Last time was in 2011, and the crowds were pretty thin there too.

LingcodKilla posted:

Yeah I missed out on Dulles. Apparently there is also a small arms museum in the area too.

Yeah, the NRA museum. I've never been but I've heard it's pretty cool. The Marine Corps Museum in Quantico is pretty cool too.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

MA-Horus posted:

I'm goddamn lucky to be with a stonkingly rich girl, else I'd never be able to afford my own drat house.

:same:

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Man, I miss having a washer/dryer in unit. Amazon sells small washing machines you can hook to a sink for $150~ that I've thought about buying. But then I forget about it until I have two weeks of clothes bagged up to drag down to the laundry room.

I had one of these 15 or so years ago. Pain the in rear end but it was worth having.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Late to housing/neighbor chat, but I have an old chinese neighbor next door who cooks amazing food for us occassionally. On the other side is a bunch of Thai and Cambodian immigrants that share a group house and work most of the time. They're pretty nice and whenever I'm grilling at the same time they are, we exchange whatever we're grilling with one another.

We pay 2400 for a two (three if you count the finished attic) bedroom house. It's expensive as poo poo, but I have a nice yard and I can walk to the metro or bars, so it's worth it for now.

Also, watched The Accountant last night. The shooting parts were cool, but that plot, :wtf:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

In fairness to Dan Harmon, he's made it clear he doesn't give a poo poo that idiots don't like women writing on his show.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/21/rick-morty-dan-harmon-female-writers/

Show is still good, but like many things, an overly vocal fanbase is what ruins it over time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Mad Dragon posted:

On a scale of Firefly/Serenity to Dr Who, how bad is it?

I'd say it's not close to Firefly yet since Firefly getting cancelled is what made that base go from trivial to nuclear levels of annoying.

I'd say it's closer to Adventure Time fanbase levels of annoying right now.

• Locked thread