Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

happy new year from the best coast dillweeds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

You look like a cancer patient

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

New Years Day sober and cleaning my apartment and enjoying it. Got this adult thing down. :feelsgood:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Have to pee. Mao is sleeping on my lap. Shiiiiiiiiit

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Re: Dutch ovens, is there something special about La Creuset that justifies the price? I look at those versus the cheaper yet functional enamelware I already own and wonder if people are just paying for a brand name.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nicotine gum keeps me from murdering all of you.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I am currently eating pigeon with my mother in law.

She's eating the brains :wtc:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It's like greasy duck.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mao got a haircut and bath today. She's a little peeved.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nice shaved pussy

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Pesticide20 posted:

Don't the robots also have accelerometers or some poo poo to record baby shaking?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMEg6mfTfF4

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Last time I saw this much dick waving was in a barracks shower

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

See Zeris this would be a good time to break out those IK powers

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Looking forward to R&M attacking the vagina death star

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

holocaust bloopers posted:

I'm hoping that I can net a decent pay raise here in the next year or two. I'd love to have enough fun money to afford a car for pure recreation. Like a used BRZ or WRX.

25 year old 7 series

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

not caring here posted:

Lasers are dumb

:grovertoot:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Ice Cream Barbara posted:

Someone talk me out of cloning my service rifle

I'm the loofah hanging off the bottom rack

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

psydude posted:

Just lol if you didn't ditch all of your blanks at the first opportunity and turn in you weapon unfired, only to have the armorer complain about how dirty it was.

After a particularly bad day when I was late for a staff meeting I ended up screaming at the supply NCO over this. Felt bad about it later but he took the rifle and I didn't get an rear end chewing for skipping a meeting.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

also im very excited that i learned today that The Young Pope already aired in Europe and i can dl it all right now instead of waiting for hbo to air it all

It was okay. The writing want very good.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

not caring here posted:

Speaking of bro trucks: New Ford Bronco confirmed by Ford for 2020.

I'd be more hype but that's literally all the details they gave.

They don't want to spoil the next low speed chase through LA county

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

lite_sleepr posted:

What exactly is this thread for?

trashing the south

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Not even. Work hours are "show up before 10, leave before 5"

Until you start getting sat down with your boss for discussions about your work ethic.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My mom fell down the stairs and broke her neck. Lived, not paralyzed. She's only sixty but having increasing problems with illness and mobility and is in and out of the hospital for a few years now. This is kind of the last straw and I'm going to start looking at nurses or in home care a few times a week. Grown rear end woman was a hard drinker for a long time and her body is paying for it now, and I don't think her husband is really doing anything aside from shuttling her to the doctor.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

They're in the process of moving into a smaller home for retirement down in the Carolinas. She's freshly out of the hospital and trying to move stuff from the second floor to the first and trips over the cat. It's not that I don't trust my stepfather, but he still works and I think it would be good to get another set of eyes on her a few times a week to take care of some tasks around the house and make sure she doesn't do anything dumb. Like I said her lifestyle has taken a toll and my sister passing last year hit her really hard. I've mentally prepared for getting that call a little earlier than expected, but meanwhile I feel the need to do something for her quality of life since I don't live around the corner anymore.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Doesn't that debt get taken care of in probate court?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hey yesterday wasn't all bad the USCIS texted me saying they got my wife's green card petition and application and are mailing the receipt forms, which means I didn't gently caress up the mountain of paperwork I had to do for it :unsmith:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Commute today was lovely. Holiday traffic mixed with a bus fire on the 101. The accident on the offramp intersection was insult to injury.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Husbear knows what's up

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Turn off smart TV poo poo asap. The ad industry has software that will actively listen to your conversations. We use keywords to trigger ads and track what you're watching and for how long.

This all exists on your phone too but good luck disabling that.

When does the phone "listen"?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Business formal means suit and tie. Sorry Charlie.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I bought Mao a cat tree. She's going loving nuts right now loving it.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Slim Pickens posted:

Wanna jump into a trash heap? Because my aunt won't stop posting poo poo from these retards.

https://www.facebook.com/anticorpmedia/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

Oh man let's not go down that rabbit hole

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I think I'm gonna watch Threads or The Day After tonight. Maybe both.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It's boiling acid!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Booblord Zagats posted:

Dad-vice. Don't have a baby and take a promotion at work, you will lose 99% of your shitposting time

We're all coming to that age where staying at work is sometimes preferable to going home.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Well I'm boycotting Safeway. A bag with milk, cereal, OJ, coffee, and a little ice cream rang up at $38. All common name brands Went home to price compare and just noped the gently caress out. It's all amazon fresh and the chinese market from now on.

$4.50 for a half gallon of milk. Gotta be loving kidding me.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Zeris posted:

Jesus loving christ, the dad thread is officially the bermuda triangle for peoples' joke radars.

Ok, done bitching.

It's the dad thread, we talk about dad stuff. Gardens, pets, kids, bills, jobs, weed, and general adulting. You'll get there someday.

Today I am bitching about things being more expensive because it is January again.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Who the gently caress makes pancakes with water instead of milk

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My wife is in the green card pipeline. We've put any overseas travel on hold for the year and we're wondering what to do if Donnie Dumbfuck throws a shitfit at China next. :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Rekinom posted:

How far in the process are you? Pretty sure you'll be ok as long as she doesn't wear a hijab.

A little over a month since they got all our paperwork and a couple of big checks. Packets are all accepted, she goes for fingerprinting next week. She's a peace loving buddhist and isn't a party member.

God speed EBB's Chinese wife

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8EMx7Y16Vo

• Locked thread