Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Hey cool. My car battery shows 'green' but won't crank out a start and makes everything flash like its possessed. Oh and it has a bunch of loving corrosion and the car is less than 2 years old :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Mr. Mambold posted:

Wire brush and a can of coke.

Bi-carb and water.

It was a real bitch to get the positive terminal off the corrosion was really drat bad. Getting terminal grease today and looks like I'll have to be putting more on every 6 months or whatever.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

i really loving want a pressure cooker its probably next on my list

pressure cookers own

but make sure your rubber seal is in good shape or hilarity can ensue

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

:nms:
why the gently caress does 'hot girl with donut' bring up so many tranny pics on bing :cry:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Mao got a haircut and bath today. She's a little peeved.

I am so going to piss all over your clean laundry.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Vengeance shall be mine
/

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Clean up the battery terminals on my cars battery nice. Reattach everything. Put some terminal protector crap on. Should be good right? HA HA!

No.

CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK

Hmm ok everything seems to have power. Battery ~should~ be ok. Lets try a few things. Owners manual says to try starting with both the brake and accelerator fully pressed down. Nope. Ok recheck the battery is connected right. Yep. Ok what else.

Read some mustang forums. One post says 'make sure its not in anti-theft mode'.

gently caress.

Try unlocking the doors with both my key fobs.

Starts.

:argh:

Corrosion was the initial problem but losing full power must have made it go a little crazy.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
gently caress san jose airport.

the international waiting area for arrivals is... OUTSIDE. in 40 degree weather. 2 hours of waiting for a flight that came in at 10 because they only had 2 people working on processing passports.

:argh:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Been on 2 cruises. One to Alaska on Princess. It owned. Being on on the top deck watching a movie while drinking a beer and surrounded by ancient loving glaciers was cool as poo poo. Service was top notch. My gf put in a comment card asking if they could add more asian food for future trips. Hours later the head chef had us a reserved table in one of the dining areas for the rest of the trip and cooked her some awesome drat food.

One to Bahamas on Carnival. It was kinda bad. They had us board before the rooms were ready so everyone was sitting around in hallways and lounge areas for hours carrying around their luggage. This is after already sitting around for hours outside the ship in hot and humid Florida with only like 3-4 vending machines to get anything from. Service was so-so after that. Nothing like what we had on Princess. The ports we went into all sucked dick, other than Nassau. One of the islands we went to was some loving shipping container hold over place and another was an island leased by Carnival so it only had Carnival people on it with drat little to do other than sit on the beach and drink.

ded fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jan 9, 2017

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
4x4 trucks are great on snow.

at low speed while in 4x4 mode

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I am still waiting for my recall repair for the airbag. Last I heard it was 3rd quarter 2016 for it.

Oh and my battery ended up getting replaced. After doing all the cleaning and getting it working again, for the past week its been very hard to start. Took it in and warranty replaced it. Wonder if this battery will get huge corrosion issues as well.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I have terminal protector stuff now. I put it on after I cleaned up the first battery but it was already hosed by that point.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
The only thing I wish I still had was my peacoat. That and my crackerjacks got lost in one of the many moves I had to make with like zero time to pack up properly. Everything else I threw away as soon as my true EAOS was up.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXDBFpOHBE4

Too bad the singer died a few years back.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I legit threw my arms up in the air and cheered when Patrick Stewart said 'loving'.

Erection Pete is dead? :stare:

his heart was just too large for this world

really

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Buca di Bepis posted:

I'm almost a homeowner and man it feels weird. I posted before about the sewer offset issue I found - the initial estimate for the repair was $1800, but when the contractor went back to see exactly where the issue was and saw that it was under the sidewalk they increased it to $5000. The seller's covering everything before closing and I absolutely would've walked if they hadn't agreed to that.

Get the sewer scope. $125 up front can save you a lot of money.

Dude. Find another house. You're jumping into an already hosed rabbit hole.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpDmwPoJiiQ&t=62s

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

lite_sleepr posted:

PROCLICK: Trumpdonald.org

holy poo poo

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

lite_sleepr posted:

That scene makes me wonder how a single car got surrounded by a mob. Did that guy take a turn down a road that was clogged with dissidents already? Did the mob coalesce in a hurry and surround the car?

Never been in one, but they seem like something that can be both readily avoided and suddenly form without warning. In either case, don't stand in front of a car that is driving on the road.

Berkeley has a lot of really lovely streets and oneways. The area around the campus is a giant mess that is hard to get around even on a good day.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
gently caress sake. Just had a teenage girl across from me at the gas station drive off with the hose still in her car. Thank gently caress they have fast breakaways now with an auto shutoff. She even backed up after it happened and looked at her car then just drove the gently caress off without saying anything. I let the attendant know and they have cameras so shes going to be screwed.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

thankfully adblockublock works on stuff like that so i dont have to be confronted with existential horror all the time

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

what in the ever living gently caress

want to do it yourself? HAHA gently caress YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
well i guess if i could afford to make a down payment on a house in the form of a car i wouldn't care

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Two Finger posted:

it still blows my mind that most americans don't use clotheslines for their washing, but then most places in auckland have a backyard so...

99% of apartments don't have space for that, 95% of condos don't either. It's just not a thing here unless there is big open spaces.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
My daughter nearly burned down my apt complex when she was like 4. She woke up before me and decided she was hungry and put some hot pockets in the microwave. The entire thing. Wrapper and all. No idea how long she set it for but she ran into the bedroom crying to wake me up and the entire livingroom & kitchen was thick black smoke. Smoke alarm did not go off. Fortunately only the microwave was a loss and kept the small fire contained within it. Also fortunate I had a big rear end box fan and could evacuate the smoke in a few minutes.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Are we sure he isn't talking about a megger?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Helmet saved my dads life when some rear end in a top hat turned left in front of him. He still broke an arm and a leg, and that kept him from going to nam so in a way his helmet saved his rear end twice.

Wear a loving helmet, idiots.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
My cat is racist. She heard some house cleaners at the house across from mine and ran away to hide.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
The motor in my Behmor 1600 doesn't want to turn the roasting cage anymore. :(

Back to stovetop coffee roasting for a while.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Mr. Mambold posted:

Have you contacted their support? I read a good thing a few days ago about a guy who had a thermistor go south on his.

Haven't looked into it yet. It's way out of warranty. Guess I should check.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Those loving white trees the area developers planted everyfuckingwhere are blooming and wild turkeys have migrated here again. Winter is over.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Wearing shorts today.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Here I was thinking it was just someone telling him to kill himself.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

ElMaligno posted:

An irish as gently caress e6 dad brought his crockpot to cook some corned beef and cabbages for the watchfloor. I kind of want to eat the fish tacos they have today at the galley, he then proceeded to state that "Corned beef and cabbages are the fish tacos of the Irish" only to laugh in the most dad way possible.

a p. cool e6 imo.

I'm cooking that for tomorrow. It's my moms and my wifes birthday. My dads birthday is today. At least this makes things easy to remember.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Earbuds hurt after only a short time and cause a lot of wax buildup. gently caress earbuds.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

LingcodKilla posted:

Why would I want to take my wife?

seriously. i mean thats like really rude to jody.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

lite_sleepr posted:

Why would anyone live in californiatexas?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

pro choice that. hurt is good but its overused for sure

when the man comes around really made the dawn of the dead remake for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTYNwwPQH4k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKIK5ei_Lhg

This. This is made very very awesome with the song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgkBWZXVLyk

• Locked thread