Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is there anyone one could talk to about depression/suicide prevention on a ship without any repercussions like rehab poo poo or getting kicked out? You know, asking for a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
We got some kind of psych boss dude but I wasn't sure if they had a confidentiality thing. I didn't think of the chaplain but he's super creepy. I'll figure it out.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I don't want to attempt it anymore but I actually kind of enjoy my gun toting job, so I don't want to lose that and go to lagging crew or some poo poo.

ManMythLegend posted:

Also, from the perspective of a sitting CO, let me tell you that I want you

:unsmith:

Anita Dickinme fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jan 23, 2017

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I was so fortunate that when I attempted it the belt broke. I realized I was just being selfish and would have put my family through worse suffering than I was going through. Also Navy belts are cheap as poo poo.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Thronde posted:

Here in VA at Little Creek for the most of May for school. Anything I should definitely see or do for my first time in the VA?

I saw people get shot in VA Beach last night. Would not recommend trying to recreate that event, though.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It was college weekend, which just ended up being every black person in VA being on the boardwalk somehow. Before the shootings it was pretty fun though. :)

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I'm starting to miss going out to sea and working 18 hour days. I keep wondering wtf is wrong with me.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
$180 for flight decks. :v:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Laranzu posted:

Hanes makes an NWU colored blue tee shirt. I buy those. They sell it in the fleet store on Pearl harbor. No clue if they are in all the uniform stores.

They sell 'em in Norfolk. So comfy.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
They're definitely worth it for the comfort. Alternatively Jockey sales some super comfy ones too that don't fade and keep a nice dark blue, but they're twenty bucks for two shirts.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I like being water soldiers. :( I honestly don't see why we have to be like every other branch except worse with the type III's vomit green. Wish we had either taken the marine's camies or just kept the blue with the Type III material.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I support it as long as it's more breathable than the foot long turtle neck jerseys they tried to give us last year which aren't even flame resistant. :suicide:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
My buddy on there got to skip out on this underway. I'll PM you who it was when he finds out. :(

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Khakis can do no wrong.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am super salty how you got in a few months before me and I'm not even eligable for my 15% advancement to E4 until September. :argh:

But I've already accepted my fate as a terminal airman.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Also if the watches were just asleep. Like even without night vision how do you not see a big rear end boat coming right at you?

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Also I feel like since it was 1:00 in the morning and he was asleep there's really no justifying him being relieved if he wasn't injured. But y'know, Navy.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

last few posts posted:

officer stuff

Yeah okay, I'll just stay in my cozy E3 corner.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I definitely lost some hearing running holdback on those F35s for a month straight back in August. Hook me up with them bluetooth hearing aids. :pray:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

vulturesrow posted:

They didn't give you special ear pro for that?

lol no. They gave us a box of ear plugs. :v:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Godholio posted:

Make sure you get this written in your loving medical records.

My hearing loss wasn't.

:(

I already failed my hearing test and I'm scheduled for another one at base medical so we'll see what happens. It really was my fault because whenever we'd man up I'd forget my crucial ear plugs. :suicide:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Sexual harassment, TSP, tagouts, and DUIs. I was expecting some cool stories about surfing with sharks.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I realized recently that when it's actually a decent quite there's a faint ringing. I have no faith they'll believe me.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
"He killed a hooker and snorted a pound of coke and couldn't just die? Now he's going to mast and I'm going to look bad. :saddowns:"

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I still don't understand how the CO is at fault when he was asleep in his cabin and he himself got hosed up, because he was asleep in his cabin at 2:00 in the morning like any normal person not on watch would be. :confused:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
My roommate’s a nuke. They’re in four section duty. He leaves for work before I do and I always get home before he does. On bad days I work until 3:30 and I’m still out of uniform and eating my after school snack before he gets home.

Ninja e: Out to sea there’s three rates that come to mind that you don’t wanna be. ABE, BM and Nuke. As an ABE I feel blessed cus at least I get to see the sun everyday without having to kill my lungs.

Anita Dickinme fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Nov 5, 2017

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Godholio posted:

Ok, legit question: How is the Navy so loving stupid that anybody in charge thinks that's a good idea?

Like, I know how out of touch senior leadership can be (we had 3 simultaneous COCOM deplyments with almost 20% of our 27 aircraft in depot for long-term refurb, and our wing commander said "YEP!" when asked if we could support a 4th deployment, then left it to the O-4s/5s to figure out how), but how the gently caress is that considered safe? Is this honestly just a case of "It hasn't turned into the worst ecological disaster in US history yet, looks good!"

I’m sure we’d need two carrier collisions within a month to see anything change. :v:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

Nukes aren't driving the carriers. SWOs and pilots drive the carriers.

Yeah, bad joke. Should have said two reactor meltdowns or something. :shrug:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
My Nuke roommate apparently went to DRB today because he was SIQ for a few days so naturally he didn’t come in on his duty day yesterday. Reasoning was his chit didn’t say he couldn’t stand watch.

It was dropped, but the fact he had to wear his blues and get yelled at...

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I believe one of the old thread titles was, ”Navy 20-something thread: I should have joined the Air Force” at one point? Might be some kind of advice there.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
What my roommate brought back with him from Chicago. He’s not even a nuke.

ninja e: Looked it up and there was apparently a furry convention in IL. :suicide:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Seemed legit to me.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Still not too late to get out.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I’m fairly sure they started issuing Type III’s in October so enjoy looking like marching vomit.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Became CFL for that sweet, sweet EP. I don’t give a gently caress about fatties or the Navy, I just want more money.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Still don’t understand how it’s the CO’s fault. :confused:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
What’s a good excuse to use during a blizzard to get out of duty?

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just a wife. :smith:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Put one catapult on there and I got the fixed wing aircraft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

PneumonicBook posted:

When I found out that money wasn't for uniforms I was pretty wtf.

What’s it for?