Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013
Got assigned a CACO case last week, easily the hardest thing i've ever had to do in the last 11 years in the navy. Just posting to post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

LingcodKilla posted:

Hey guys I'm loving retarded and bad at Navy.

How do I dig up when my E4 pay started up? I found my frocking date NSIPS but apparently I got to know when I started getting payed the big PO bucks too. Apparently MyPay only keeps the last year of stubs but I hit E4 in March so ....

Help.

If you made it off the test you should be able to look up your profile sheets and that will give you your actual advancement date.

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013
http://www.c7f.navy.mil/Media/News/Display/Article/1217825/uss-fitzgerald-collision-update-1033am-jst-june-18-2017/#.WUXZvwAnLVQ.facebook

gently caress.

Also, TVS, regardless of the social media experts that will crawl out of the woodwork, you guys did one hell of a job keeping the damage to the ship contained.

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

Zeris posted:

I don't know anything about naval OPSEC so can someone confirm everything needing to be redacted has been?

Everything posted so far has already been released to major media outlets.

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013
So, might be spending some time in Bremerton, anyone have recommendations on what to hit up to eat?

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

Viva Miriya posted:

speaking of that poo poo, anyone here besides me and orange juche ever get stationed at Atsugi?

2014-2017 HSM-77

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013
Regarding the boots, any of the NEX boots will give you some amount of trouble. I'll second the recommendation for the Bellevilles. For breaking them in i've had success in softening the leather with mink oil, other than that a bit of mole skin on your achilles tendon to keep it from being worked raw will go a long way.

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

Lou Takki posted:

LOL, why wouldn't a logi ship have water tight compartments ahhhhhhhhh

Anyways, I was onboard an unnamed CVN today and in their radio room doing some training on a SATCOM system for 6 or 7 ITs onboard. One of them stopped me to ask if we can see the radio waves coming out of the radomes out on the mast.

I stopped and stared at him for a few seconds, while I tried to figure out what he must really be asking because that probably had to be the stupidest question I've ever heard of in my life. This is when I assume that he must be pulling my leg, this is some kinda joke everyone is in on except me. So I answer back: "You're just loving with me...right?". He responds: "This guy I knew from A school said you can see the radio waves coming off of the antennas". The whole room died of laughter, holy loving poo poo. This dude was completely serious. How do you get through IT A school and put on IT3 and literally have no idea.

Sadly, with some of the IT's I've had working for me, this does not surprise me in the least.

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

orange juche posted:

CANES was better than IT21 or whatever the gently caress mishmash garbage we had on my ship in FY09.

It beats the poo poo out of COMPOSE (pick your ship's version), which has been pretty much falling apart at the seams from everyone I've talked to who still have not transitioned over to CANES.

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

Cerekk posted:

Doesn't the whole Cyclone class do crew swapping?

They did until they moved PCRON out to Bahrain and homeported them out of there instead of having them split between Bahrain and Little Creek. When i was on them 06-10 we had similar issues that you would run into on the other swaps mentioned on a smaller scale. Can't say i was a big fan of the crew swaps, though flying to/from deployment wasnt too bad, at least you usually got a couple days downtime after the crew swap was done before flying home.

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

Laranzu posted:

Can't find a release atm. When is that effective? Was planning on using mine to do a master's after a quick break from finishing my bachelor's .

TA has ping ponged from loose to tight regs so loving hard the last few years. This and the CTN bonus going to zero make it seem like they don't want anyone in

https://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/reference/messages/Documents/NAVADMINS/NAV2019/NAV19114.txt

Effective 01OCT19.

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

Barnacle Snatcher posted:

Submitted my waiver on 11Sep to my command. Wouldve earlier, but was told that our ISIC was super backlogged and to wait. Set to transfer from a ship to shore command, I do have a school en route that classes up on 03Jan, but it's Instructor School at the same base. Our BBD is all kinds of hosed up, and we're gapped a few billets(none of which I have, mind you). I suppose nothing is certain, but it makes planning a huge pain in the rear end. Last I heard, my waiver was at CNSP, but people do say theyve been getting theirs back very close to when they leave. I guess we'll see what happens.

Hopefully the new navadmin that dropped will help push that forward, if it's sitting waiting for the first flag in the chain, possibly talk with your chain to pass it to the first O-6 in the chain to get it signed and approved. 277/20 https://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/reference/messages/Documents/NAVADMINS/NAV2020/NAV20277.txt which may help push it faster. Once submitted to Millington it usually gets turned around in 2-3 days.

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

Elviscat posted:

Holy poo poo, I just got permission to blow off the Chief's exam, that's a first for me.

I did that for four people this time around, all about to go on terminal and gtfo. No need for them to come in to just Christmas tree it and bail.

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Thanks guys! I'm still amazed I got this opportunity, super pumped to be learning a new platform! :)

Times flying that's for sure, I still feel like I just checked in, but I'm now one of the senior JOs, it feels really weird.

Oh absolutely! Can't wait to see if Jax added more stops to the Ale Trail!

Welcome back to Jax and enjoy frs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

Crab Dad posted:

Having to get summer whites is going to financial break me right now. They better have the 0 interest rate star card offer still going on.

I got an appointment with my NRC CMC to review my package before it gets submitted and another chief will hit it up first just in case.

The NEX does, either that or they'll give you a 0% interest loan to be paid when you get your uniform allowance. The initial wont cover every single uniform, but you'll be able to get what you'll need. Summer Whites, Dress Blues, 2x Khaki. wont cover choker whites on top of those though.