Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
Apparently there's a new NAVADMIN trying to get everyone on their first sea duty enlistment to extend wherever they are because everyone from FY13 is either out, getting out, or about to hit shore duty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
Isn't this about the point where they tell you that you can't go on terminal?

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

Wingnut Ninja posted:

So this is a thing that happened:

Oops. Using wrong oil damaged three $80 million Navy planes, requiring 6 new engines

Should be an interesting read when the investigation report comes out.

How? We all use the same oil.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
Workups are gay

Com2ex is gay

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
I just want orders back to cvw5, or kbay.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

CMD598 posted:

I just want orders back to cvw5

Welp.:smuggo:

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

vulturesrow posted:

Headed over to the boat to embark for my last deployment. Super depressed even though it means I'm not far away from retirement. Leaving my family really sucks. :smith:

Nimitz?

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
Velcro pockets - For when you want to let everyone in a 30ft radius know when you reach in your pockets

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
I think it was the ironing and poo poo to not look like rear end combined with the fact that 75% of the navy is balls deep in some kind of dirty poo poo so light colors are automatically ruined. But that's just me.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

vulturesrow posted:

I am currently experiencing what is easily the worst port call I've had in my almost 20 years. If you're ever told you are going to India, just go ahead and lower your expectations, especially if you are on a carrier (and thus have to anchor out).

Didn't even get off until I had slg the last day.

I blame 3/4 of it on the ship.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

vulturesrow posted:

Didn't realize you were out here. This happens pretty much every time we bring a strike group to India so I can't fault the ship too much. Doesn't make it suck any less. I have at least one Sailor who didn't make it off either.

Given its showing so far, it's just too unsurprising for me to not assume it played a part.

GW/Reagan/CVW5 may have just set a high bar for me though.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
People are saying a lot about 7th Fleet deployments, but I'll happily take it over a Gulf cruise.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

LingcodKilla posted:

Does this mean I can stop asking captains if they play Magic?

You know I've been meaning to start asking Flag Os around here (Nimitz) stupid nerd poo poo since apparently vulturesrow is one, or I can just assume the one I keep seeing in the E6 smoke pit at night is him and start saying weird poo poo.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

vulturesrow posted:

Not a smoker. ;)

You're missing out on a free sauna.

orange juche posted:

What the gently caress is an e6 smoke pit? Like we had the Khaki smoke deck and the lower enlisted plebs smoke deck on the Enterprise.

A shorter way of saying E6 and below smoke pit?

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
Apparently I missed a bunch of aviation discussion, but I'm getting drunk in the sandbox so I'm available now.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
I'd ask but the I don't think any of my contacts would know since I'm not VAQwing again until March.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
Wait, someone actually wrote a book on bitcoin and is presumably making money on it?

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
What?

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
Nothing for aviation?

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

tacopie posted:

Lowly aviation maintainer checking in.

:hfive:

What kind though?

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

tacopie posted:

Electrician.

Ah, yes, my most frequent reason for a jackjob.

Well at least you're not an ordie.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

maffew buildings posted:

Oh cool I guess I'm painting then

No ur an AS.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

maffew buildings posted:

I have no idea what that even is. Do they paint things?

Support Equipment: Forklifts, tow tractors, misc aircraft se.

Tl;Dr: lawn mower repair.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
Literally lol at mml's story.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

PneumonicBook posted:

Not much of a rumor if you catch my drift.

Something Little Rock can't do.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

Viva Miriya posted:

speaking of that poo poo, anyone here besides me and orange juche ever get stationed at Atsugi?

2013 to 2016. Would recommend.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

Viva Miriya posted:

You musta lucked out with your command.

Didn't look too bad for the non vaq dudes either tbh. Least compared to what I've got now.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

piL posted:

I've always assumed that life at places like Atsugi were just like life at neighbouring bases (ie Yoko or Sasebo--neighbouring is relative) but better.

And actually Sasebo was pretty great.

Those places like Atsugi are kinda small and quiet and most people at least end up in Yokohama as opposed to the tiny selection of local bars.

I know more people that went to Ageha than Bar Skunk.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
Protip: Nobles get mad when you fail MCI.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
They're also planning on having EMALS on their future carrier and they're probably less concerned with development perfection so I believe it's totally real and they will deploy it before us.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
I think he's more questioning the unsecured Wi-Fi point with a range measured in miles.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

SimonCat posted:

This may seem an odd question, but does anyone have the NSN or name for a company that makes an ordnance lift for Hellfire missiles?

A lift?

I only know of three:

One has a motor on it apparently. Never seen it used.

One has a hand crank.

And one makes weird iyaoyas noises and goes to mast a lot.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
Re: eval chat

Already did my xfer eval months ago :smug:

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
Did they do it better or worse?

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
I'm supposedly going to be on a plane bound for Japan probably this time next week and still have no itinerary...

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
I still don't have a ticket but I do have a memo telling me I'm gonna sit in SeaTac for like 15+hrs.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
Well since I now have an amc flight I decided to inquire about pet reservations. My PSs told me they totally asked me about this (They didn't) and it's too late now because of poo poo I've actually already done.

Also still don't have an itinerary.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
Welp back in Japan. Here's to another 3+ years of vomiting on China's doorstep.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
Iwakuni (the lodge is inconveniently far from anything that matters.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
Only ever checked in once in dress blues and that was pcola. Everywhere else was nwus.