Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

The Rat posted:

Nods chaaaaaat

If you replace the ac canister with Zyklon B, this picture would be more accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Aranan posted:

I haven't even seen a gun in 2.5 years and I'm still in. I think that's cool.

Does the Army get as sandy vagina over being called a POG as the marines? Everyone I ever worked with basically had to marry a rifle or M9.

The Air Force wouldn't let me have one and that made me mad for reasons head injuries made me forget.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

not caring here posted:

You wouldn't be able to taze the opiates out of my mouth.

Remember Pigpen from Peanuts? I'm going to look like that only it will be a haze of weed smoke in stead of dust.

They are going to have to change my eye color to red. My loving return body address will be Pluto. SSgt Tendency will have to be changed to SSgt Nelson. Imma have to be moved to AFWA's Space Weather dept. gently caress that. I ain't never going back and will make sure that even if they try to gently caress with my non-reentry code, I won't pass any screen.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

if you look at your participation in iraq and decide you need a sticker for WHATEVER reasons its lame as gently caress and you're a glory seeking whore begging for attention, I dont care what the reasons are

Bunch of people I know do this for the same reason I have a Veteran plate.

Gets you out of tickets.

That loving plate has bailed me out 4-5 times in the last year or so.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

Like, an example of my bad thought process is: wake up tired every day -> SOMETHING DUMB HAPPENS AT WORK -> begin to think about it obsessively -> Maybe you're actually a fuckin' loser -> cherry-pick evidence based on past experiences -> maybe you should just quit, you could just kill yourself and not worry about any of this bullshit everyday.

According to the nice and good looking lady doctor at the VA I talk to every few weeks, this is A REAL BIG PROBLEM. As in you need to talk to someone and they need to help you fix this. Which you are, however....

You should not be deploying when you have this problem.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

Was it approved? Or ignored completely? This came up in a discussion today at work.

Whoever let out Flynn's name is screwed, right?

The reporting so far is that she asked, it was approved.

Wanting names unmasked to understand intel isn't a problem and is easily justified. The issue is what the gently caress were they talking about that 1 - required their names to be unmasked for the loving NSC and 2 - gave enough reasonable justification to allow the names to be unmasked.

Hint: They were talking about poo poo they shouldn't have been. Trump, his campaign and his entire entourage are Russian stooges and belong in prison.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Vahakyla posted:

Guys! Guys! Goons! Mustang, Sir!

I had it! I did it. I had my "jaded bitter moment!"

At a restaurant, this redneck lady and her obese husband told us how excited it is that "we are going to war finally and showing them that they can't mess with America!!"

My battleboo just said "yeah, us. Ma'am. We'll be going to war. Not you. "

Some of these people are loving insane when they salivate at the TV screen. It's loving embarassing to interact with peoole right now around Fort Sam. I don't even know what's the polite way to shoo these weirdos away.

Just tell them that Trump is a loving retard and so is anyone who voted for him. Follow it up with if Bernie had won, you would have been able to go to college for free instead of enlisting.

Bonus points if you are in uniform when you say it.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

except also double shame points for being out and about in the real world in uniform

If you didn't hop over to the local sub shop just outside the back gate for lunch then you are loving stupid. LoL at your dining hall slop.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Vahakyla posted:

It's not my place as an enlisted chump.

It is when some inbred three toothed morbidly obese trailer hooker rolls up to you in a McDonalds telling you that its great Donnie is sending people to die in an unwinnable fight.

She isn't the one who is getting orders to go to a loving desert improperly or flat out unequipped for basic defense to get gassed by the Russians Assad Regime. Tell people like that to gently caress off and be as mean as possible about it to. And make sure they understand that you are telling them that as a soldier.

gently caress people like that. They manage to be worse than the "all soldiers are war criminals" crowd.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

gently caress My rear end posted:

I already turned the paper slip into my pharmacy can I go there and get like a printed copy of it? Or a doctors note from the office outlining the rX

Yes. More importantly you can also get a voided copy when you get copies of your medical records from the hospital/doctors. Which, you know, you should be already in the process of doing.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Mike-o posted:

I don't know if it's in bad taste or whatever due, but I feel like that's an appropriate avatar for you along with the text you already have.
If it's in bad taste, ignore me. But god drat I still can't fathom all the poo poo you've been put through.

In avatar form:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I bet my representation in your minds eye is flattering. ;-*

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

manchego posted:

i dunno, i feel sad but i feel like i don't have the right to because i didn't know the dude and my experiences were pretty positive. feels fake to share this with other people on social media

Don't get caught up in the whole right to be upset bullshit.

I wound up going to a funeral of a Marine I didn't know, who enlisted after I was discharged, solely because the brother of a friend of mine was in his unit and needed a friend to make it through. It hit me harder than I thought it would. If you think its sad, it is. I hate seeing that soldiers are still dying in Iraq and the middle east in general because we shouldn't be loving around in that hell hole anymore.

You don't need to have personally known them to be sad that someone lost their life.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

all apologies posted:

Any of you down here in FL around Patrick? (Melbourne, FL area) I am out, been out for a few years (Army) and am single

whats fun to do around here (divorced about 6 months ago)

Absofuckingloutely nothing.

Seriously. Move.

To anywhere.

Brevard county is a black hole of shame, disgrace and stupidity.

Also don't gently caress the locals. The county cooks the books on STD rates and the HIV numbers are close to west African nations. Also Hep C is rampant.

If you go to the Viera VA clinic... Don't. There are 3 docs there worth a drat. The rest is a dumpster fire. But in a MH crisis try to talk to Dr Charbenau. She is good people.

Don't craigslist a weed connection. The Sherriff and local PDs run sting ops through there. Don't gently caress with any other drugs in this county because it's all dirty mixes.

If you live on the islands grats on not being dirt poor. If you live in Cocoa, West Melbourne or Palm Bay, move to the beach anywhere not Florida or re-enlist. Whatever it takes to not be here anymore.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

TBeats posted:

lol people do this?

Yes! Yes they do.

They use the strictly platonic section.

They use the casual encounters for coke/meth connections.

Ask me about knowing LEOs in brevard county Florida.

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

this is the most intense indictment of a locale that I have ever fuckin heard

You would think a beachside community would be at least tolerable in some form or fashion. Especially the place where we launch most of our space program from.

You would be wrong.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

If I can get my finances sorted out quickly, I'm going to Washington state.

gently caress Brevard.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

psydude posted:

Virginia sucks. I say this as someone who spent 5 years living there.

Perspective.

Cole moved there from Tampa/St. Pete area.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Soulex posted:

West Coast. PNW is ok but be warned, you will suffer months of grey and miserable mist/rain and yes, freezing mist is a real thing.

If this were the permanent weather conditions I would move there without hesitation. Like.. I would be homeless if necessary to live there.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

At what point does "on a dating site while deployed in Syria" makes sense...

I really can't make it any farther than that.

Also.. How loving hard up do you have to be to make flying to Syria to get laid a viable option. I'm all for foreign diplomacy, but going to an active war zone with a history of Sarin air freshener is a hard no.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Drummond Bass posted:

At best I'm hoping she is being catfished, I've advised her to be extremely cautious about any further interaction with this person and hopefully she won't end up starring in a beheading video. Next time I see her I will make sure she isn't doing anything stupid, thanks again y'all

Edit: to be clear she isn't flying to a warzone it's supposedly the other way around

Oh.. She is trolling for a couch to crash on while on leave.

Still a BAD IDEA, but at least its not flying to Syria bad.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Whipped Buttcheeks posted:

I just showed up to hear old dudes talk about killing krauts and stealing their women.

This is the real reason to join the VFW.

We are about 10 years away from losing the last of them too... :smith:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I have a bunch of notes from my grandfather telling me stories of bombing runs over Europe that I am going to use to write a book.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

The army has an airborne everything.

If you remember Skippy's Things I am no longer allowed to do in the Army, the guy behind it was in psy ops with an airborne patch.

Isn't Airborne meaningless beyond bar bullshiting and trolling for questionable rear end? Or was that something us in the Air Force cooked up to level the field?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Zeris posted:

What's the donation for?

Literally the second post on this page:

TBeats posted:

Military folk parking ILLEGAL and thinning they can do it because SUPPORT ARE TROOPS so he did the dutiful and wrote them a ticket and I told him I would donate $10 to the ASPCA (which I will do after I poop because it's 8:19am and gently caress you if you're still in) if he thanked them for their service on the ticket he writes.

That's my perspective on things and no truth will change it.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I spent time in audio/video editing in college.

So if you want to do something, Im cheap. Just need food and a place to crash while filming.

Because I really want to have my name all over that when someone at the Pentagon sits down to watch it.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

mlmp08 posted:

goon_projects don't work. Reach out to Wakaliwood.

Shut up PFC Killjoy.

This is a great idea and getting better.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Wait.. What were the plutonium shirts?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Naked Bear posted:

Went to a bar on the fourth and I didn't get carded. :( I'm only 27.

Lots of bars and stores are starting to card for booze regardless of appearances as standard policy.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

TBeats posted:

When I was 24 I didn't get carded everywhere I went, but the girl I was with did. We were on a vacation so this happened probably half a dozen times in one day. At the end of the day I had enough and asked the bartender how old the girl I was with looked and she said "20, no older than 22." I asked how old I looked.

the bitch said 30.

Its the receding hair line.

No idea if you actually have one..

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

psydude posted:

super annoying booze cops (literally - they have cops whose entire job is catching people buying alcohol underage and selling alcohol to underage kids),

This is most states. Its more of a county thing in Florida with how aggressive they are. Brevard, both the cities and county sheriff will run stings where they literally arrest clerks in the middle of peak businesses.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

TBeats posted:

]
If you don't know what Publix is I feel sorry for your life.

Publix is over rated with the exception of their subs and fried chicken.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

bird food bathtub posted:

I considered a career as a teacher, even started my first semester of GI bill with that as a possible goal.

Things have gotten a lot worse since I went to school, so I guess the "drown government in a bathtub" model of politics is working because holy Jesus gently caress why would anybody do that job any more?

My aunt's wife is a teacher.

A long conversation with her is why I did not go into teaching when I got out.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

t
He would also shave his entire body (openly and publicly)

Wait..

Stop..

You need to explain this.

Did he actually break out a razor in public and start shaving his arm? Or did he just shave his body hair and tell everyone he did? I really shouldn't have to ask this. But lets not kid ourselves. We have all seen enough to make this a legitimate question.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

all apologies posted:

Was in (PE) therapy @ VA but stopped halfway. Going to try again in a few months when outside life is at baseline.

Man that poo poo is hard-work, some mental health puppet-master type poo poo. Just gonna keep going in, I skipped an appointment last week, poo poo was just too loving hard to do.

Hope everyone is well. Anyone around or familiar with Brevard in Florida? I am single now looking to figure this place out here in Melbourne as to where the cool spots are.

*tips fedora

Because I keep meaning to reply to this but get busy..

I sent you a pm a couple months back. Sending it again. I live on the beaches and will give you the real talk about the area.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

psydude posted:

Are you the guy whose wife stopped birth control to save money

Wait.. This needs either further elaboration or a link.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

If I don't have kids by the time I'm 35 I'll probably never have kids unless it's an accident.

Five years left!

6 months if you do the smart thing and get a vasectomy.

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Or don't have kids and just do whatever you want, whenever you want.

This.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Soulex posted:

I was so sick in the first week due to sick fuckers not covering their goddamn mouths that I literally dropped at mail call and had to be ambulanced over to the hospital. I missed the confidence course which was like the only goddamn thing I wanted to do in Basic.

Also people act hard in basic like they got something to prove. They just aren't jaded yet. Or broken.

They quarantined the flight I started in just after they transferred me. The whole flight. Because everyone caught this horrid strain of mono/pneumonia/flu/plague. They put me in a temp flight just to grad and go to TS and I spent the last week sleeping in the DI's office and not allowed to be with in 5 feet of everyone just so I didn't spread it.

I thought everyone being sick was the way it always worked. Is that not right?