Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

FAT BATMAN posted:

Hi I'm a civilian w a friend in the army and I lurked the last thread and every time there was a post about something stupid in the army I told them about it and I think they're thoroughly convinced to gtfo and not re-up. Thanks army thread. Tharmy.

Brb, filling out an award recommendation in honor of your service

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Nope.

I'll totally take a deployed contractor gig to support operations though. gently caress you, give me mine.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Now I'm terrified of ever needing mine out because my sinuses are already the bane of my existence. :ohdear:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Dailey's relaxing of the tattoo rule and adamant "No, we're not changing the PT test" conveniently masked the force-shaping policies that were being used to thin out mid-career NCOs, so my question is what new policy is this hiding?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

There's a CIF guy at my last post who did one-for-one swaps of woodland/ACU patterned gear or poo poo that was worth less than $50 when you were turning poo poo in.

Don't have your ugly green fleece but have an extra wet weather top? You're good. Extra waterproof bag but no cloth laundry bag? Yep.

I had to restrain myself from laughing at the poor bastards at the other desk who were told they either needed to produce an ugly green fleece or eat a statement of charges, because Clothing and Sales only sells the poo poo-brown colored one now.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Aranan posted:

Wtf do I do with my uniforms now. Can't even donate them to the base thrift shop because all I have are the soon to be outdated stuff. I guess Goodwill? Trashcan?

Keep a pair of the pants for lawn work, sell the others to surplus stores.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Oh, definitely keep the waffles and silks.

If you've got a set of work pants you don't mind getting ruined when you do things, ditch the uniform pants.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

spacetoaster posted:

Any of you guys working in intel see the Susan Rice thing? Any one of us would probably be facing prison for that (releasing of intel gathered on U.S. persons + their names).

Sheesh.

She didn't release anything, she asked if some names could be unmasked and there's no indication that the requests were approved. Big difference.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

spacetoaster posted:

Was it approved? Or ignored completely? This came up in a discussion today at work.

We wouldn't know if it was approved/ignored/whatever. All that's been stated is that a request was made and that's about as far as it will get.

quote:

Whoever let out Flynn's name is screwed, right?

Yes, but you'd have a better chance of finding the phantom shitter in an Army brigade.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

DoktorLoken posted:

Someone's had the super long con going.

Gonna be weird when we find the OKCupid profile picture of a guy literally sticking his dick in a Stryker.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Looking forward to the intel sperg version which is a video of a guy crossing some turnstiles before being tackled by security guards and the video cuts out abruptly.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

McNally posted:

I can help tell the Army story.

I know the Armiest of stories.

I will throw money at getting you good enough camera equipment to talk about your Army story.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

mlmp08 posted:

I just want Wakaliwood and GiP to become intertwined

Someone do up a screenplay of Caro and send it to them with $500.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

mlmp08 posted:

Kaliber what the gently caress is wrong with you that you suggested reupping instead of initiating a bar to reenlistment?

Classic Army tactic: Get him to reenlist for another duty station or school so someone else has to deal with him.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Soulex posted:

Any media that picks that story up is stupid. The minute they hear "I'm out of the Army and they're kicking me out of my rooooooooooom." The dude will go Daffy Duck

Send it to JQP. :getin:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

psydude posted:

I'm surprised the Army doesn't have a brigade-sized mountain training center to complete the trifecta of terrible terrain.

When are we going go get ourselves into a land war involving mountainous terrain?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Remove scoring from the APFT entirely: All events are pass/fail, height/weight/bodyfat are recorded as pass/fail.

Take out the measurement dickwaving and you'll improve the programs.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Vasudus posted:

if you didn't score at least a 240 in both units i was in you had to do remedial pt and would never get any schools ever

might have been 260

either way it blew

I had that once.

As an intel sperg working in a strategic unit in loving Yongsan.

To be fair, the company commander had literally no responsibilities, duties, or any personnel at the company beyond an o-room and a motorpool, so I imagine that policy was just "Hey, I need an OER bullet".

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Aranan posted:

Army dumb.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

did she have daddy issues

*father issues :eng101:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Vahakyla posted:

I’m going to leave from the military with a retirement. Hopefully in 18 years.

You're going to get a poo poo-rear end medical one in eighteen months.

I hope you didn't renounce your Finnish citizenship, because you're going to need some quality healthcare and you're not affording that on your E-4 51% disability paycheck.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Vahakyla posted:

I don’t wanna work for the rest of my life.

At this rate, don't worry about it.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Aranan posted:

Who was the officer who posted pictures of his trench feet after a very wet ruck march and then had to vanish off of the forums because his COC found out?

Martello.

Also did a memorandum banning high and tights and frequently submitted stuff in Creative Convention.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

kawasaki ninja rolling down the strip
oh god my back all my discs have slipped

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

you're gonna run there with their kettlebells because A: they're on your hand receipt, B: the gym doesn't have enough for everybody, and C: shows heart

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I'm currently working at a two star strategic Army command which is basically Fort "Are you too broke to deploy or about to retire and want to set up your consulting gig?".

There's gonna be a lot of empty desks soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

spacetoaster posted:

I want to be that giant fat dude sitting on a stool at CIF whose only job is to tell you your brand new canteen cup is dirty. Probably a GS-11 or something.