Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Just started the Dead Space remake. I loved the original. Isaac's new face is 100% spot on for a kind of goofy-looking engineer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yup still fuckin' screamin and yellin at this game. You still got it, Dead Space!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

Also Advance Wars reboot camp is out April 21st. Unless Russia invades someone else, then maybe not? :shrug:

I love that they felt the timing was off when the war was fresh but now that the kill count is high enough the time is ripe.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Picked up Planet Crafter with the new update. I’m legit excited to get into this.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The fish update came out yesterday. The dev said future updates past this point shouldn’t affect saves, so it seemed like a good time to jump in.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Vahakyla posted:

What if WW2 Online would be remade in Unreal 5?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCFLCXbyuxw

That's what these nerds claim. Might have to dive into it again if it ever happens.

found some patch notes

quote:

Now the good news: Grenades are in! Our commitment to bringing you the actual battlefield experience has resulted in the most realistic depiction of maintaining and throwing a grenade ever attempted. Here's how it works:

-Press shift-7 to inspect the grenade for obvious defects.
-Press shift-8 to inspect the grenade for less obvious defects.
-If a defect is found, you will be alerted. Press shift-E to "Enter" the grenade alert screen so that grenade alerts may be read. Alternate between pressing shift-7 and ctrl-8 relatively quickly to correct the obvious defects, faster for less obvious defects.
-If fixing the defect is not possible, you will be alerted to return to the nearest Resource Center where you must turn in the grenade at the flag station by pressing alt-M.
-Press ctrl-L to ensure that the fuze is not unscrewed from the body of the grenade.
-Press ctrl-L again to visually inspect the safety pin
-If the pin appears partially removed, press cltr-l a third time to carefully push it back in place. Note: Any time you monkey with the pin, make sure you're also pressing shift-A to hold the lever securely down.
-Press shift-L to visually inspect the grenade for dirt.
-If the grenade appears dirty or grimy, press M to engage your damp cloth (this replaces the 'map' key), Press shift-M several times to wipe the grenade.
-In order to simulate a structural peculiarity that surfaced when grenades of this era were wiped too vigorously, you probably want to once again visually inspect the pin by pressing ctrl-L.
-In order to further simulate battlefield conditions, pressing alt-R will erroneously connect the grenade to your clothing by the pull ring. We do not expect this option to be utilized much; it's simply there for historical accuracy.
-Soldiers of the era on both sides had a recognized fascination with attempting to modify their grenades using tape or wire - always against the strong reccommendations of the manufacturer. The alt-P/shift-P sequence simulates this preoccupation. After using the 'equpiment modification temptation' option, there is a good possibility that the grenade will explode in your hand. Though there is a chance that it will not.
-Okay, soldier, you're ready to throw the grenade! Right after you press shift-V to open your ammunition pouch and then, using a combination of the shift key and the hat control on your joystick, rotate the grenade so that the pull ring is pointing down.
-Press J once for each of the following actions: a) Remove safety clip b) Pull pin c) Throw
-Find cover immediately! Do not wait for the grenade to land!
-The Grenade is a two-man crewed armament. While you look for cover, the 'spotter' should be positioned at a distance where he can safely watch the grenade land so that between the two of you, someone can probably see what happens.
-Though he cannot carry any grenades himself, the 'spotter' has his own damp cloth which he can use to help wipe off your grenade.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I played it to max level on one character last weekend. It had lots of good points and lots of stuff that worry me. Without going into super nerd specifics, the introduction of MMO/battlepass/live game mechanics are mainly to the game’s detriment. Also, why am I picking berries now

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

Wife and I played the beta together yesterday, we enjoyed it. Biggest issue was the stuttering that randomly happened while playing.

Also echoing that the Switch version of Diablo 3 is the shits.

It is the perfect Switch game. The only one I think deserves that title.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

stardew valley

Sorry I keep trying to install the mod that lets me gently caress the mayor but it won’t happen???

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

The C&C Remaster at least, was well worth the money. I don't think it really did anything new, but it bundled it all together and was very enjoyable. Bizarrely long loadtimes, though.

It was a really outstanding remaster. Something for everyone in there, and they went above and beyond by putting out a massive stash of production footage and b-roll. I hope Tiberian Sun and RA2 get the same treatment eventually but it’s a shame they didn’t get started right away since the team has long since dispersed.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

The shaders issue was annoying, yeah, but I wouldn't call it garbage. Nerds gonna nerd.

People are getting a range of issues including crashes, so it’s not a “nerds gonna nerd” thing. The HZD port was way worse on release until it got fixed up.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

AAA PC ports are back to performing fairly lovely and unreliably again right off the bat but that probably has something to do with the prolonged lead-in to the current console generation being hard for the studios to handle

The shader compilation stutter thing is trash, though. loving Unreal Engine.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Just tell me they pull an MGS 2 and ditch that loser elf an hour in

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Somebody pointed out the shrines look like goatse so now the game is ruined for me

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Why the heck can’t I hold items from the menu that pops up when I press the dedicated “look at your items” button

If I have any complaints about Zelda so far it’s that they are packing way too much into the control scheme. And why does the dash button switch when you’re swimming?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CainFortea posted:

You hold the "get ready to throw my melee weapon" button, THEN push the UP button, find the thing you want, and release the UP button, and now you're gonna throw that thing instead of your sword.

I mean for holding stuff to cook or insert into the gumball machine, not to throw (which is a different type of holding I guess)

I think the menu that comes up when you press Up is meant solely for dropping stuff on the ground as far as I can tell

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yeah I know, I was just wondering why I couldn’t also hold my items from the shortcut menu dedicated to showing me my items

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Accurate

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Diablo 4's been pretty great. Performs like a dream, and they nailed what they were trying to do by making it a game that would appeal to fans of both Diablo 2 and Diablo 3.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Another Cyberpunk: Phantom Liberty trailer dropped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reABCMNGM3w

Apparently they're completely overhauling the base game so I'm vindicated for only spending 2 hours in the game since release*

*but not for my preorder lol

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

fyi planet crafter update is out

adds frog

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CainFortea posted:

Bitbattle Remastered is all the BF type gameplay I used to like and no extra bullshit and is smooth as silk even with 200+ people playing.

It’s crazy how good it is.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I never played GC because I hated all the non-base-building missions in C&C. I guess I missed out

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

TikTok is telling everyone they stand to make $2000 a day doing pressure washing and there’s been kind of an explosion of people sucking rear end at gig work

Hustle/grindset/etc.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

bengy81 posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that TikTok failed to mention that you are only making that kind of money if you have connections to get you into commercial work, and you have a machine capable of doing a massive amount of said work every day, like a Hotsy or similar machine.

Ok well if you're just going to poo-poo the pressure washing what if I told you you could rent out a bounce house for $500 a weekend guaranteed

I don't even understand who profits off of this poo poo. Either Ryobi has a solid astroturfing force or the video posters just get clicks.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Anyone got Baldur's Gate 3 yet? Looks like a timesink of epic proportions.

Yeah but I’m still working on the Diablo 4 season so I haven’t played much past the intro. It’s pretty amazing a game like BG3 exists and is as successful as it seems to be.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I would love another Spec Ops: The Line to see all the goons raging and completely missing the loving point

“This game was bullshit, it tried to make me feel bad even though I wasn’t allowed to perfectly solve every situation”

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The DLC isn’t out until next week, right? Is it safe to play the base game until then or does the DLC weave stuff into the original story?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

Cyberpunk still has one of my favorite lines in a game ever.

BEEP BEEP MOTHER FUCKER

“You look like a cut of fuckable meat. Are you?” is an all timer

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Cyberpunk 2.0 update is pretty incredible. They added in so many of the open world details and mechanics that people were expecting. Imagine if they'd been able to pull this off at release.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

orange juche posted:

The perk system broke my netrunner, and then I dug into the cyberware perks and found a way to turn myself into essentially a life-tapping warlock with blood pump and biomon implants, and now I hurl myself into combat flinging legendary synapse burnouts at opponents for something ridiculous like 1000 damage per burnout while my biomon and bloodpump keep me from lifetapping myself to death with Overclock.

change 3 words in this post and it's a PoE build

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

This video has some good suggestions on settings to lower for a big performance gain without sacrificing much visual quality:

https://youtu.be/B03_Aa5NwIY?si=xaEp4J1zGwt4QxLK

I turned a few down on my 4080 just to get some more breathing room with ray tracing.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Shipbuilding drove me crazy. I kept getting in cycles like "Ok I want to upgrade my engine, now I need to add new landing gear because of the mass, now I need to add more engines, now I need to add more structure to fit the engines, now I have too much mass..."

I'm sure it loosens up once you get the shipbuilding skills but they're pretty far down in the skill tree.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mustang posted:

Installed my 4070 and the 32 GB of RAM, Cyberpunk looks even more insane now. like 90-120 FPS depending on where I'm at, and looking nearly photorealistic sometimes.

The devs paid attention to lighting in important scenes and it makes the game seem light years ahead of its peers whenever you get to one

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

Nah, management will look at procedurally generated locations, look at ChatGPT, and start thinking about procedurally generated storyline.

Bonus; they can fire the writers room and cut labor costs!

Given that their writers consistently produce material indistinguishable from bot products I wouldn’t blame them

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

man i'd forgotten that dragon's dogma has not one but two character creators to beat at the beginning of the game

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I decided I’m gonna have to play through BG2 before I do BG3

I played through BG1 in 2020 but now I have a kid and there’s no pandemic so rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Planet Crafter is great. It can become an idle game if you want but I always chose to keep building up my base so the milestones never felt like they were taking too long.

I started a new playthrough for 1.0 but haven't spent too much time into it yet. I got up to the froggies in Early Access.