Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

post more death stranding progress, reading you guys finding out about it is almost as good as playing it

I just unlocked poop grenades apparently.
Timefall is very stressful, but it's fun running around and playing postman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

death stranding's starter weapons are legit strong as hell and you could beat the entire game with nothing else super easily.

Stuff you unlock later on it really just to play poo poo differently so get good with the shitnades and you'll be in a good place. Also, using the strand on MULES is kinda the quickest and easiest way to knock em out quick, parry and hogtie all day errday

I really like loving up MULES. The strand feels like a qcq takedown from either MGSV or Batman, and I'm totally here for it.

I like the game cuz I can just play for a ten minutes, or I can play for half the day. Also the story is bonkers enough that it sticks with me if I have to put the game down for a while.
I think I'm about 8 hours I'm now.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
RE: DEATH STRANDING
Just met Higgs, he loving rules!

bengy81
May 8, 2010

GD_American posted:

I've never played Diablo of any kind. I'm guessing the closest game I ever played of any kind was Atari's Gauntlet, the black hole for quarters.

So, should I buy Hades, or try Diablo 1 2 or 3?

Hades is a other whole thing, and it's amazing. You can't really compare it to the Diablo series bur it's totally worth playing.
As far as Diablo is concerned, if I had never played one, and was starting from scratch I would probably do D3. D2 is probably the better game, but 3 has some amazing QoL features, and a really good gameplay loop one you get into seasons, provided you get the version with the REAPER OF SOULS expansion.

DO NOT BUY D3 WITHOUT REAPER OF SOULS.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Outer Worlds would have been way better if they spent a little more time fleshing out the story, and maybe cut like half of the Monarch stuff. My big beef with the game was that the middle "third" was over half my time spent with the game. By the time I was off that planet I was ready for the game to be done. It kind of felt like they went in with 8 hours of content to fill out a 12 plus hour game.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

orange juche posted:

Good lord the D2 Resurrected reddit is loving awful. loving capital G gamers

You should post a thread and ask why D3 is better than D2.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

orange juche posted:

Nah, too busy shaking my head at people unironically ranting about how the 25px tall Amazon sprite had larger tits than the 3d model in D2R (and how this perceived difference is censorship), or how the Assassin having Asian facial features is Blizzard shilling diversity and trying to squeeze money out of Asian gamers or something :psyboom:

Fucks sake

E: also heated debates about the ages of the various female characters in D2.

I just want information about game why do fuckwits have to be like that

Ick, I just follow the general Diablo subreddit, it's bad, but it's not that bad. You just get a lot of old dudes defending D2 to the death, and a wee bit of misogyny, but I've never seen the super creepy poo poo like that. Got to love reddit...

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I'll play an Outer Worlds 2. The first game wasn't great, but it didn't overstay it's welcome, and maybe the second one will get closer to that Fallout NV feeling.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Handsome Ralph posted:

My vacation/friends wedding got postponed (thanks yet again, COVID) so I bought myself a PS5 cause I got one of those Sony emails like the day before trip was delayed offering me the chance to buy one.

Bought Ratchet and Clank as well as PS5 upgrade for THPS. Anything else I should get?

Both Spiderman games look really good. If you had to choose one get Miles Morales, looks better and has less filler than the other one.
If you've been cashing in on the PS plus games, Maquette looks good, it has a dumb story though.

The PS4 ratchet and clank game got a 60fps patch, so that's pretty cool.

I honestly just use mine for Wreckfest and THPS. My kid has determined that she is the only person in the house that has rights to the tv lately, so I haven't had a chance to play much.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

Too bad Blizzard is off the table, and without Necro doubly so for me.

I was really excited for D2R and D4 but after all the current news stuff both of those are off the table and it's a bummer.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

A Bad Poster posted:

Waiting for dad to get home from work with guides and cheat code lists printed out because we didn't have the internet at home yet. That's a memory dragged up from the depths.

Man your dad rules.
My dad usually just came home from work with meth fueled rage.
He did buy me a NES in 88 or 89 so that was pretty cool.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I've uninstalled everything blizz, but I haven't deleted my account completely. I'm holding out hope they get their poo poo together before D4 comes out, but I'm not feeling terribly optimistic about it.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Man, so much cool poo poo comes out this month, I don't know what in gonna play.
I've got the Guild wars 2 expac preordered, and that drops in the 28th. Really thinking about getting Elden Ring for launch day, I wasn't digging the idea of open world Dark Souls, but the more I think about it, it seems hella cool to explore a new world like that before people really know all the secrets. Also being able to figure out the good twink builds and spots in that brief window before the sweaty dudes ruin it could be fun too.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Godholio posted:

Snowrunner is dumb chill fun, and I can't really explain it. You just drive trucks around slowly, and try not to get stuck in the mud.

It's a puzzle game and the pieces are big trucks from the 60's thru the 80's.
I haven't played a ton lately, but it's so good.
It's also good coop, even if it's basically cheat mode.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

boop the snoot posted:

Anyone else going to buy Elden Ring and do nothing else this weekend?

I waited for reviews to drop just in case there was something hosed about the game, but yeah, bought and pre-loaded, can't wait to get smashed to oblivion for two hours by the tutorial boss.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I'm probably an idiot for buying Elden Ring, but whatever, more money than common sense. I just really want to experience a From game without it being spoiled, I didn't mind it too bad on the DS series, but it would be cool to be part of that initial wave of discovery you know?

Right now I'm in the middle of HZD, and I just restarted Uncharted 4, and the new Guild Wars 2 expansion drops on Monday, also New Gran Turismo next week, so I don't know where I'm gonna spend my gaming time, but it's gonna be great!

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I'm like 4 or so hours into Elden Ring, and I just got my horsey bro. I feel a bit special, as I'm pretty sure I was supposed to find it about 3 hours ago, but oh well...
I'm trying to avoid major spoilers, so I'm gonna ask here instead of the official thread, but should I be mainlining to the first area the dude at the first alter tells me to go to? Or should I be messing around in the caves? I feel like the caves are a diversion I should come back to, but I might also need to git gud...

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Wrong Theory posted:

A lot of good advice here. The best advice I could find in game is "try fingers but hole."

Currently building a tanky paladin from the confessor class. Haven't taken on Margit yet but I have killed two overland bosses so my confidence is going up. Vigor sitting at a plump 30. Getting the itch to create alts with different playstyles but I am really holding myself back or I will burn out on the opening area.

Praise the tree is pretty sound advice too.

Apparently quality builds are a no go? I'm planning on staying more or less pure dex, but its always nice to have the option to branch out in case there is an op greatsword or something.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Have blood stains worked for anybody? I see the stains, but clicking on them doesn't do anything. I'm on PS5, not sure if it's a bug or what. I see the other player ghosts running around the world, and messages work fine.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

oh hey i totally lied and bought elden ring and it loving rules sorry not sorry

It's really good man...
Like BOTW is really good, and DS 1-3 are really good, and this is just really all those things put together, except its way better than you would expect it to be.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I've been doing twinblade mostly 2 handed, I ran flail for a while but it wasn't doing anything for me. I have the weird bleed arcane dagger in my left hand, 55 bleed seems pretty crazy and so far it has gotten me out of some rough spots.
I've been messing with incantations a little bit, the fire spells seem fun, but it doesn't look like there is a full pyro build.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

boop the snoot posted:

I have the Cipher Pata on my Faith Build and it’s been so fun.

I die a shitload because I sell out for an extra hit all the time though.

That looks like a super fun weapon, but I'm a little ways, stats wise, from being able to use it.
I wish I could git gud so I could dual dagger, or barring that, find a second super cool one to use.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Godholio posted:

Maybe I should cross post this in the idiots thread, but I'm enjoying PUBG again.

What platform? Last time I played was on PC and it was full of hackers. I started messing with Fortnite zero build, and that's been fun, but it's mostly made me want to jump into PUBG dual queue.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

Unless you want to play a map for Doom II that I just made, I've got nothing to say.

Is it a good map? We need some deets homie. I'll play your wad any day bb.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

GD_American posted:

I'm poopsocking Stardew Valley Expanded and trying to fill chests with 999 of everything. It's extremely boring to talk about but a great way to shut your brain off, which is all I want from gaming now

I usually have a "big" game that I'm slowly progressing through (rdr2), but otherwise my solo gaming time is taken up primarily by Guild Wars 2, because it meets the same requirement for me.
Been playing a bit of Fortnite with my kid and my nephew, zero build mode is pretty cool.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Wrong Theory posted:

Nintendo Direct was today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMdUSVSEp7U

New Samba de Amigo! Yay!
Game Boy and GBA added to Switch Online.
Splatoon 3 DLC, adding Inkopolis (from Splatoon 1) as your hub? I think. And a new story called Side Order.
Octopath Traveler 2 Demo online today. Release Feb. 24.
Disney Illusion Island July 28. I had Mickey's Castle of Illusion as a kid and I hope this is just as good as I remember the other game being.
Metroid Prime Remaster released today digitally, physical Feb. 22.
Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom releases May 12.

POWER PROS BASEBALL!!!!!!!

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I didn't gently caress with the betas, but I'm excited for the game. Figure I will get it a week or two after launch, that way the servers have some time to not be hosed.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Tiny Timbs posted:

TikTok is telling everyone they stand to make $2000 a day doing pressure washing and there’s been kind of an explosion of people sucking rear end at gig work

Hustle/grindset/etc.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that TikTok failed to mention that you are only making that kind of money if you have connections to get you into commercial work, and you have a machine capable of doing a massive amount of said work every day, like a Hotsy or similar machine.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Tiny Timbs posted:

Ok well if you're just going to poo-poo the pressure washing what if I told you you could rent out a bounce house for $500 a weekend guaranteed

I don't even understand who profits off of this poo poo. Either Ryobi has a solid astroturfing force or the video posters just get clicks.

Hahaha, one of my neighbors bought a little princess bounce castle and she was trying to rent it out for an absurd amount, like 300 a day or something, now I know where she got the idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Nick Soapdish posted:

My two favorite TF2 games both got recent patches. There's never been a better time for video games

I would love to have two TF3's too.