Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I’ve just beat the first boss. How much doom do I have left?

As I get further in the game, the less I’m enjoying the experience. Combat loop and mechanics are all great after the initial learning curve. The problem I’m having is some enemy types are genuinely loving annoying like whip lash and marauders. That and this very tight line of integrating more story into a game that doesn’t really need it and what is there falls flat.

Definitely a step up over 2016 but there’s room for improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Handsome Ralph posted:

I've discovered the best way to see if a game is bad or mediocre is to peak in it's respective games thread and if there's one goon just attacking anyone with less than glowing opinions about said game, game is likely flawed and not very good.

so zaphod42 then

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Handsome Ralph posted:

Oh I put that dude on my ignore list ages ago. Someone else this time.

he's the loving worst. always coming back with a "well actually here's why this is brilliant"

who are you talking about.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Doom eternal platforming sucks but not as much as the marauder.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Lol

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Played War Thunder for a bit today. First impressions is the game is actively hostile to the player. Spending points to despair is bullshit, the UI is a complete mess, and there are a ton of game mechanics all designed to siphon money out of the player.

Seriously how the gently caress does the UI make any sense? X doesn’t do things. It’s a mixture of needing d-pad inputs and thumb sticks but there is no sense of rationale.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
World of Tanks is much more of what I want. Super fun.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Someone very close to The Last Of Us 2 leaked essentially the game including the ending this weekend, so be very wary going anywhere like Reddit or YouTube.

Perhaps, as a result, Sony has decided to release the game on June 19th, so really a delay of 3 weeks from the planned May date.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Woofer posted:

My PS4 sounds like it’s trying to take flight these days. It sits near where one of my speakers are and I have trouble hearing things if there is background noise (thanks army) so I either crank up the stereo (not really an option because I try to be a ghost to my neighbors) or don’t hear anything. I also don’t like headphones if I’m alone in the apartment, I get anxious (is that weird?).

I’m hoping it will limp it’s way to the ps5 release.

Pop the top lid off. The vents and fan are likely clogged. They’re easy to clean.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2 remastered coming out 9/4.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Can you all just not openly post TLOU 2 spoilers?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Internet Wizard posted:

Sony sending out cease and desist letters to SA and DMCA strikes on any youtube that even mentions that spoilers exist gives a lot of credit to the accuracy of the leaks IMO

It’s not about the accuracy, Sony is concerned about people owning the story/image of the game’s brand instead of them.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Why is it so hard for you to not be a dickhead? Some of us want to play the game free of spoilers or some hot take on it. Let me judge it on its own merits.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Speaking of Prey and Dishonored, that developer Arkane Studios, worked with Valve on a Half Lifr spin off a while back. It was called Ravenholm. There’s a bunch of details about it in a new NoClip documentary that came out yesterday. Gameplay and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
You know what other industries crunch? Nearly all of them. I’ve worked 55+ hour weeks for two months in previous agency roles where the MO was burning people out because there is always 10 fresh-faced college kids wanting your spot and will do it for a pathetic salary.

My point is this, you can be mad at video game studios crunching but the real issue is worker exploitation across the working world.