Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I preordered the Switch and Zelda on Amazon. They don't charge you until it ships, which is nice because I might still change my mind on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i really want to buy a game boy micro but jfc the prices on ebay
Unless you want a Micro for collector reasons, you should get a GBA SP AGS-101 and call it a day.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Booblord Zagats posted:

Baseball games peaked int he NES/SNES/SEGA era, everything since has been kinda lovely gameplay wise in comparison
The Triple Play series was really good.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Well you either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain

I've been trying to sell my non-pro PS4 bundle forever and some guy asked me if I wanted to trade for a Switch with Zelda. Thought it maybe fell off a truck or something but he had a receipt and everything. He ended up taking a bit of a loss but they're not exactly impossible to find around here so it was about even.

Anyways guess I'll see what this thing is all about. I already have 6 hours on the Wii-u, at least I know what to do now. Portable Zelda does sound nice. Keeping my wii-u forever tho
Try to get a screen protector for it if you can. Apparnetly it scratches easily, especially with the dock if you're not careful

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Handsome Ralph posted:

Wii U is gonna age pretty well though. I'm probably gonna finish getting the last few Nintendo games I don't have for it (Hyrule Warriors, Twilight Princess, Splatoon, others?) and then buy a few more SNES/64 VC games for it.
Get Bayonetta 2 if you haven't played it yet, it's good

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah terrible marketing hosed the Wii U pretty badly

Too many people thought it was a very expensive Wii accessory

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah lemme buy Super Mario Bros for the 1000th time but you can't be bothered to even try and port F-Zero GX

I realize that's a pretty apples and oranges comparison but gently caress it

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Melee in 2017 is pretty much fully about you can glitch the game with Fox versus the other guy trying to glitch the game with Fox

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

One of the top Smash players, Mew2King, is straight-up no-poo poo Asberger's, ADHD and OCD. When Melee came out, he was one the first guys, maybe the only, to sketch out frame and move data for each character. He did this for every single solitary movement for every character, counting frame-by-frame in practice mode. You hear a lot about frames and priority and poo poo in Melee at least, and most, if not all of those numbers came from him.

Also Mike-o is 100% correct. They might as well put train tracks between SF and Smash at tournaments

edit: not autistic like I thought but drat

shyduck fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Mar 7, 2017

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I was pretty decent at Melee at one point. I could wavedash, etc. but yeah the meta stuff I never really cared for too much. I could hold my own amongst friends and won a couple of rounds in local tournaments, but the guys that play in bigger tournaments are pretty much playing an entirely different game than you. Also most of those guys are Fox/Falco players that have all the twitchy and tedious bullshit down, and I just didn't have time for that

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

PS4 4.5 firmware out tomorrow, with Boost Mode
Is Boost Mode just for those with the Pro?

edit: Google says yes, and there's also finally external HDD support. About time really

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The Switch does a lot of things, but none of them particularly well.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I'm going to hold off on it until some hardware revisions I think.
Don't count on a revision unless this thing does well.

The only Nintendo systems to never get a major hardware revision were the N64, the Virtual Boy, and the Wii-U. Their 3 biggest flops.

Right now, I'm not convinced the Switch is going to do well. Nintendo's boner for artificial scarcity plus a lovely launch might really gently caress them, because if there's a company that knows how to gently caress themselves, it's Nintendo.

Buca di Bepis posted:

it's gonna be the wii u all over again

not sure what people are seeing in this console that makes them believe otherwise
It has the diehards chattering, but I've heard little from casual gamers, i.e. almost everybody else. That's definitely not good.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Mar 14, 2017

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Nintendo should make themed deodorant

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

BOTW was developed primarily as a Wii U title. The Switch version is essentially a flawed port.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

But it runs like less poo poo on a Wii U and that's why

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

nope
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhoiGxl6bnE

it actually runs best in portable mode on switch. its pretty hilarious that a game that looks this basic struggles to maintain 30 fps on new proprietary hardware, that it was developed for, in 2017
lol holy poo poo that's terrible

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Bolow posted:

Nintendo notoriously under-produces on their products, so it selling out in all stores doesn't mean poo poo if each store gets 4 consoles. They did the same exact poo poo with the NES Classic
Their handling of the NES Classic Edition was downright vile. Nintendo could've made some nice change with it, but instead they decided to make scalpers rich.

They also did the same limited quantity poo poo with Amiibos at first.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Bolow posted:

They did it with the Wii as well. I remember getting a Wii like 6 months after release and ended up flipping it to some idiot for $700, granted it had an extra controller and 3 games but still :psyduck:
Yeah it took a good year for that to finally stabilize I think. I remember one morning trying to get one at a Circuit City because they supposedly they had like 6 or something. We get there at like 7am, but they were all accounted for. This one fucker in line brought his elderly mom, wife, and some other family member to stand in line on a cold morning so he could buy 4 of them just to flip.

But yeah, now you go into any Goodwill and find one for 10 bucks.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

All I remember about the metal gear on NES, was that little kid me sucked at it.
That game is complicated even as an adult.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I used to pre-order Command and Conquer games because Tiberan Sun and RA2 came with free poo poo

That was also before online ordering was a big thing and Electronics Boutique and Babbage's were still around

shyduck fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Mar 16, 2017

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Either I'm not doing this right, or BotW is loving boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm about 4 hours in, so if that's the case then I'll give it more time. So far its felt like a chore.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Mar 26, 2017