Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

any minimalist computer desk recommendations? Something with bookshelf type storage would be cool. Just need something that's not too wide. I have that generic rebranded glass L-shape desk you see everywhere but it's too cumbersome and time to get rid of it.

I have a Samsung 34" WQHD, so it has to accommodate that. I like having my monitor sitting up high a bit, eye level. I noticed there's not really any desks with a built in VESA mount, will the attachable ones suffice for a 34"? I run a surface pro with a dock connected to my mechanical keyboard and mouse.

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jan 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

lol wait is that the Diablo 1 game patched into Diablo 3 that got a lot of buzz? lmao I was excited for it too

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

oh so in essence they made it worse by keeping the lovely parts for ~~nostalgia~~

lmao made it sound like "hey we're releasing the whole Diablo 1 game in 3"

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I keep telling you guys

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

TVs are cheap and good enough to use as monitors just depends what you prefer

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

So PSVR is actually kind of cool. Gimmicky, but cool. The quality is kind of poo poo though which is the biggest drawback. Tech just isn't there yet

Rez VR :catdrugs:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Oh sweet I was just gonna sell my copy

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nintendo Switch

$300 lol

Only releases with Zelda really, not even Mario

All the good games are 3-6+ months after

Mario Kart port with some DLC, hey go ahead and spend that $60 again. Another ported Raymans game

Really expensive controllers

Get this:
The switch will have a paid for online service that gives you access to NES/SNES apparently. However, it's only for that month. You don't get to keep them. I love nostalgia as much as the next person but I really don't care to keep on playing NES/SNES games that are stupid hard anyways

lmao

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Wow. I was gonna get one but... now maybe not. I'm probably even gonna get rid of my WiiU because I never play that thing and the controller lights up randomly with noises and advertisements (I know I can disable that, but I'd have to turn on the console for that).

Wiius are getting harder and harder to find it seems so you might be able to get decent cash for it

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Wow did not know that. Was just gonna give it to a buddy. Now I'll make that fool pay.

I think Nintendo stopped making them completely a while ago. You can't find any for sale new from any vendor I'm pretty sure that isn't upped in price via a 3rd party seller

The Wii-u is seriously really good imo and has a ton of great games

But yeah give it a month or two I wouldn't be surprised if they start being with a bit. Also I think some people were holding out hoping the Switch would be backwards compatible (lol)

But I mean really paid for online service and all you get for free is some random SNES/NES games to play for that month and only for that month lmao holy poo poo. It's literally releasing with one game. Good on them for using USB-C i guess.

I think they were trying to make up for the Wii-u debacle but looks like they went backwards in every aspect. I'm curious to see how this all pans out

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

holocaust bloopers posted:

The Last Guardian is pretty drat excellent. Trick, the cat bird dog, is so animal-like. Doesn't even feel like an AI. Also his noises and grunts scare my cat.

Yeah I've been meaning to grab a copy. Not one for that type of game but I figure with all the praise should give it a go. If you or anyone else has a copy they want to sell let me know I'll grab I

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Decent PSN flash sale going on for $5 for PS4/PS3

And Vita heh

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALE17LP

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

If you have the means there's no reason not to. As already said just transfer your poo poo from the old PS4 to the new one, which is extremely easy to do via direct ps4 > ps4 ethernet connection. Make sure you deactivate your old PS4 as main.

I guess we might see some deals/bundles if there hasn't been any yet. Lowest I've seen for the pro is $360 I think? Not sure if gamestop is doing any trade in deal for the ps4 towards a pro

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

The Wii-u is dope. I think it would have done a lot better if it actually had some games for the first two years after its release. Nintendo.txt

Now that it's been out a bit there's a ton of good poo poo you could work through. Lots of $20 games, too. But seriously not even counting Wii virtual console poo poo the Wii-u has a huge library. I just really like the co-op poo poo

The gamepad is gimmicky as gently caress but I think it's actually kinda cool. Can control your TV too. I just think they shouldn't have made it a requirement in some instances

I'd snag one soon-ish since they'll probably be going up in price soon

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Anyone do the Diablo 3 new diablo 1 dungeon or whatever? Should I bother? I beat the game but that's it

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah Battlefield 1 wasn't my thing at all. Way too waiting to spawn, walking for a minute, getting sniped

I know that's every FPS but it's horrendous in BF1

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Dirt 2 was pretty solid but yeah they both had too "much grande bro!" poo poo

I stopped playing 3 because I couldn't get past this gymkhana drift part

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jan 27, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah it should have been optional--pretty sure it wasn't for progression. That aside, dirt 3 was pretty solid and arcadey enough for me

Thankfully I think that whole drifting ken block whatever fad is more or less gone..?

Unlike the newest Dirt I think Dirt 3 actually had decent MP too

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

Titanfall 2 multiplayer is more or less the same, sadly. I'm hoping they bring back that horde mode with you and some pals against waves of AI from the first game.

lol wtf no it isn't completely different games

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Copy/paste from Dirt thread about Dirt 4

njsykora posted:

First Dirt 4 blog, still calling it the road book which pleases me. More rallycross stuff, there'll be 2 more tracks as well as the RX2 class from FIA WRX and some Group B rallycross which apparently was a thing? Landrush aka the best thing in Dirt 2+3 is back which is truck and buggy racing on big jump tracks, and gymkhana Joyride, which will be skills challenges in the rally school which they're describing as 'donuts without the dudebro'.

PvP rally events will be doable online, so you'll be able to do real world style staggered starts down the stage, and will overtake slow cars and see cars that have wrecked. There will be 2 handling models, casual and simulation, one being more controller friendly Dirt 3 style and the other being straight up lifted from Dirt Rally with some refinements to aerodynamics, suspension, tires and damage so it seems they're leaning more in the sim direction rather than retreating from it. Like I said earlier the reputation DR got for being hard did them a lot of good.

Career mode will be a full Race Driver Grid style team management, hiring PR, engineers, sponsors etc which as a RD Grid fan is drat great news. There'll be an online career mode of sorts with rankings and ladders. Daily/Weekly/Monthly challenges will come back, but this time they'll all be using procedural stages, so people won't get to practice a stage for ages before doing the challenge. Leagues will be returning and you'll be able to generate stages for league use, plus there won't be any splitting of leaderboards and leagues between consoles this time, so we can have the Xbox and PS4 players in this thread in the same league as the PC crew. You can also do stage generation on the website so you can make sure stages are the kind of thing you want for a league before confirming anything.

Overall it seems like they're not quite making a sequel to Dirt 3, but a sequel to Dirt Rally with Landrush added in. Rally and Rallycross certainly seem to be overwhelmingly the focus, and I'm happy they're willing to drop Hillclimb rather than just have Pikes Peak as the only track again.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I thought Halo 4 was legit good idk why everyone hated it

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUpPYvELLB8

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ya but no one's really pissed just having a good laugh :shrug:

And comparing it to The Room, which is quite the apt comparison "You are tearing me apart!""

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Could be said for most of SA outside our sacred paradise of GIP

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

So can I like consoles rather than PC :ohdear:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

^ lmao :stare:

holocaust bloopers posted:

The fake milspeak is so irritating. Like no games ever get basic aircraft communications right. It's all make believe poo poo. They try for realism but never get close.

We gotta get to the F-O-B

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jan 31, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

No Titanfall 2?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I was kind of looking forward to the switch but not only is it overpriced it looks pretty poo poo all around. If they changed a couple things it would have been so much more appealing

Probably still son a ton though

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Didn't they say they had no plans and there prob wouldn't be another Metroid

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Bolow posted:

I am absolute loving garbage at Titanfall 2 though

Definitely takes a couple weeks to "click." I wouldn't play the game without a group, either. It plays a lot different than traditional FPS games. You have to constantly be moving. If you kill someone you need to get out of that spot ASAP.

Keep at it it's really fun. Play with a group tho

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

PS4 Boost Mode Game compatability List

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nuclear Tourist posted:

?

They haven't made a game that I've liked for a long time, is all.

They didn't really make the game at all, per-se, just backed it

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

For honor seemed kind of fun but I can't imagine actually playing it for more than a couple weeks. Definitely not a $60 game. Maybe down the line when it's cheaper and all the DLC is released I'll play

I guess they're doing free DLC but season pass people get it ffirst earlier? Which is still dumb and splitting the player base

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

ME2 was the best. I had no idea what was happening in the ending of 3 but it wasn't as bad a game as everyone made it out to be

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Mining was largely pointless but it was tranquil as gently caress and had all the right sound effects/visuals/music

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

New Zelda gonna have an expansion pass. Some people are pissed? It's $20 which isn't too insulting. My only concern with poo poo like this is did they just dice up the game to make DLC (a la Destiny) or because they're rushing the release and can't finish the cxontent 🤔

quote:

**Expansion Pass Bonus** March 3rd, 2017

* 3 new Treasure Chests
* Found in the Great Plateau
* Contains useful items
* Includes exclusive in-game clothing

**DLC Pack 1** Summer 2017

* Adds new Cave of Trials challenge
* New Hard Mode
* Additional Map Feature

**DLC Pack 2** Holiday 2017

* New original story
* New dungeon
* Additional challenges

Can't purchase individually and it'll be available on wii-u

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Third World Reggin posted:

I guess they all have been animes

I mean yeah lol

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I got For Honor because Titanfall 2 is getting stale since they haven't added poo poo. So much for that "free DLC" model.

It's $70 at Target for the gold edition. I'm just not using the code and got it so it's easier to flip in a week when I get sick of it.

Nice to try something new, anyways. I've never played any of the dark souls or Bloodborne games so the combat is new to me

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Right well that's as close as i've ever gotten so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Just gonna say my obligatory the Wii-u is rad and has a huge backlog of good games if you like couch co-op stuff in any capacity

Curious if they'll go up in value over time or not.