Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Tiny Timbs posted:

It is the perfect Switch game. The only one I think deserves that title.

Three more weeks then Advance Wars can share that title.

shut up, I've been dying to play it since they announced it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

The C&C Remaster at least, was well worth the money. I don't think it really did anything new, but it bundled it all together and was very enjoyable. Bizarrely long loadtimes, though.

I dropped 150 dollarydoos on the collectors edition. Worth every penny.

I'm just holding out hope they give RA2/TS the same treatment.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

150? What, does it include a giant Obelisk?

Not a giant one, just a small model. But the Mammoth Tank diecast model is pretty cool.

Redeye Flight posted:

RA2 is going to be an interesting beast. I tried running my own copy recently and while it actually still loads relatively well, it runs like rear end.

However, I realized that this is in fact not the game's fault, because RA2 has no idea what a multicore processor is, so it was looking at one core of my i5 and going "this is baby poo poo compared to the Pentium 4s I'm built for, get out of here".

Yep. It's frustrating and I'm hopeful EA does the needful. Not holding my breath though.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Mar 29, 2023

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I didn't get to play Tiberium Sun till after I had played Red Alert 2 (The joys of growing up poor and not getting a good enough computer till late 2000), but I remember reading the little pamphlet that came with the Red Alert 1 GOTY edition in '98 or whatever, and it sounded so loving cool. Unit veterancy? Buildings that get damaged? Badass!

The soundtrack was also a lot of fun. Ditto for the other three games. I don't count RA3/C&C3 in that because well, I didn't like those nearly as much. C&C 3 was fun but not nearly as good as the others, and RA3 was way to loving goofy for my tastes.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I really need to get back into that game. Even just playing solo as a rifleman was a ton of fun.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Congrats :3:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Wrapping up Jedi Survivor now before I dive into Zelda, and I gotta say one thing I tire of, is platforming poo poo. Otherwise, it's been really fun.

Yes, I am fully aware more of that awaits me in Zelda. IDGAF.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Bought it for my wife's birthday, we've been enjoying it. Don't blame anyone for passing based on the pricetag though.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Tiny Timbs posted:

Apparently they're completely overhauling the base game so I'm vindicated for only spending 2 hours in the game since release*

*but not for my preorder lol

:same:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Anyone else been playing BattleBit Remastered? It's loving gooooood. Three dudes eating EA/Dices lunch.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Welp looks like I'm doing another playthrough

:same:

While I've appreciated the sudden glut of cold war rts games we've gotten over the last ten years, nothing else has come close to how good WiC was.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Yeah I bought a Ryobi pressure washer when the pandemic hit and have used it a handful of times.

Like it's fun at first but after ten minutes, it's just another chore and I'll be damned if I wanna do it anymore.

Still need to clean my vinyl siding with it but :effort:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

DINK life best life.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Free key for a game I already owned.

03E8Q-MXJXV-3VJCF

Unity of Command: Stalingrad campaign.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

god dammit, I wasn't even remotely interested in buying it or playing it but the non-stop gushing of love is making me reallllllly think about it now.

And I got birthday money to burn. gently caress.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Rainbow Six Vegas was awesome though. I dumped a couple hundred hours playing multiplayer on XBL.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

The campaign was so so good, and I'm so annoyed we're not getting a sequel.

MP was great too, I should hop back into it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Steezo posted:

For anyone who hasn't played it, the Titanfall 2 single player campaign is all I would have wanted from Half-Life 3. New mechanics stay long enough to be novel but not long enough to become boring.

Yeah I should mention, I hold TF2's Campaign in high regard and consider it on the same level as Half Life 2's. It's just so loving good.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

facialimpediment posted:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/2-06-2019/dg8ABS.mp4

Arguably one of the best single player campaigns of all time and kind of out of nowhere. The gameplay of Titanfall 1 was plenty good, but even with substantial hype around the TF2 single player campaign, it basically delivered in all aspects.

God that part kicked so much rear end.

I wanna fight with BT again. :smith:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

pantslesswithwolves posted:

https://youtu.be/UxqW-etfO9Y?feature=shared

If the first two minutes of this vid don’t rustle your jimmies I dunno what can be done for you. I had my mind blown by this mission back in 2016 and the follow-on level of fighting from ship to ship on foot and in Titan is just perfect loving gaming.

I also love Frontier Defense. You can sometimes string together moments that make you feel every bit as elite as a Pilot is supposed to be, and it’s just so fuckin cool.

Also I’ve been [GIP]PantslessWWolves ever since launch :3:

:awesome:

God the sound effects and weapons alone made the titan weapons just have such an awesome presence to them.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Godholio posted:

stop buying AAA titles at launch you idiots

Make me :colbert:

I have a problem

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

RE4 Separate Ways dlc came out a few days ago. Took me four hours but it was very enjoyable and pretty much all the good stuff of RE4.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Sep 24, 2023

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I was gonna binge Spider-Man 2 this weekend, but I realized I never got more than an hour into GoW Ragnarok. So I'm currently binging through that first, and I'm really enjoying the hell out of it.

Though Aliens Dark Decent just went on sale and now I'm contemplating buying that for this weekend. :ohdear:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

mario rpg remake is preloaded

im stoked as hell

Hell yeah.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Rockstar said gently caress it, have the trailer early cause someone leaked it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdBZY2fkU-0

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Wrong Theory posted:

All I want to do is spread managed democracy across the universe as the Blade of the Constitution but the servers are full.

They dropped a patch that kicks people who were AFKing indefinitely to hold a server spot and increased the cap to 750K yesterday, so it's gotten better. Still a queue on occasion but much much better.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I really need to go back and play that again.

Hell, I was in a board game shop a few weeks back, and saw they had a bunch of Battletech books written by Michael Stackpole, which has peaked my interest in the tabletop game because I'm a dumb nerd who loves pulpy sci-fi.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Hyrax Attack! posted:

lol just learned that in the early 90s the game company Sierra had the opportunity to buy post-Wolfenstein 3D, pre-Doom ID Software for $2.5 million, & ID was enthusiastic about the idea but Sierra bailed when asked to provide a letter of intent & $100k advance payment. Minor error.

lol yeah I just learned that reading Romero's autobiography. Wild lol.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I got it in last month's humble choice, should give it a whirl.

How difficult is the learning curve? I used to play a ton of Silent Hunter so I'm fine with playing something at that level, but with my limited gaming time, I don't really have the patience for something that's gonna take like 3+ hours to fully understand/play on a weeknight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Vahakyla posted:

They’re stupid. Cold Waters owns.