Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Steam: Mike-o
PSN: m1k3-0

Kinda been taking a break from gaming for now but I've been popping into MGSV every now and then to slowly work towards 100%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3459842&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

every time i hear razer, i think of this wonderful series of posts by kirk

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
stop reminding me that my desktop is 6 years old you fucks :mad:

also now i need to upgrade to a better wifi router because comcast upgraded our poo poo to 200Mbps and my router can't even spit out that kind of speed. on the bad side the fuckers implemented their bullshit 1TB data cap in my area :v:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Drop resupply boxes on her head.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Buca di Bepis posted:

No way I could handle that game in VR. I'd have a heart attack.

same except silent hill or any of the games made by Frictional games (Penumbra, Amnesia, Soma)

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

This is literally what most of the retards are like.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Smash players are overwhelmingly white, fat, live with their mom, and autistic. I'm not even loving joking. Like, the fighting game community is pretty diverse compared to the average gamer. Lots of black and asian dudes loving love Street Fighter. Go to a smash tournament? It's autists all the way down.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I played the gently caress out of MGS2 when it came out and somehow love it in spite of the poo poo controls. I don't think I'd touch it if I'd never tried it before and someone tried to get me to play it right now.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

MGS2 owns. But I haven't played it in years.

Same. I'm planning on going through the whole series again. I really need to play the versions of Metal Gear 1 & 2 on the MGS3 Subsistence disc. I've never played more than like a little bit into the first Metal Gear. I've also got the US made Snake's Revenge on NES :unsmigghh:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Also gently caress like one of the only versions of Metal Gear games I don't have is Metal Gear Ghost Babel on Gameboy.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I haven't played MGS3 :ohdear:

You need to rectify that. It's honestly still my favorite of the series. Gameplay wise V is always going to blow the rest out of the water, but 3 is still loving awesome, especially because of the plot and over the top metal gear poo poo.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

What are the odds on the old ones getting released on PS4?

Probably zero after they kicked Kojima out, and then they went full "gently caress you" mode. The only thing Konami is doing with any of their intellectual property is loving themed pachinko machines and mobile games, along with some bullshit cash grab zombie survivial game with the metal gear name slapped on the cover.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

not a whole lot now that konami poo poo itself retarded

you can get the PS3 or 360 collection, which comes with MG1, MG2, MGS2, MGS3, and Peace Walker (!!!!!) for cheap these days. It's worth it just to be able to play Peace Walker with a normal controller

Yeah this get a PS3 if you don't have one so you can buy The Legacy Collection.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I've got it and it plays surprisingly well (if you have the circle pad pro or the newer DS that comes with an extra analog stick). Still not as good as on a PlayStation controller though.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Male Shep, Garrus and Wrex. Bros before ho's, bros forever.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I need to replay through again and play femshep, never got around to it.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

The Rat posted:

Femshep's voice actress is a gigantic improvement over dudeshep. The latter sounds like a bored IT guy; the former sounds like a proper xeno-killing badass.

Renegade maleshep was still pretty funny though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy-eRfupYbA

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PjTuSQNLI4

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Yeah gonna replay the whole series right now, this time as femshep. Also apparently there was a bunch of DLC that came out after I finished off 3 that I never played either.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Don't forget to punch the reporter.

Never forget to punch the reporter.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

not caring here posted:

Oh poo poo, you missed the DLC?

Yeah, there's a bit to do.

From what I remember I haven't played uhhh Leviathan? And Citadel or whatever the gently caress. Might be some more I missed.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I had no knowledge about anything from ME:A until yesterday. gently caress those faces and animations just loving kill it, doubt I'm even going to buy it at all now.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Buca di Bepis posted:

Everybody who left the team halfway through development, I guess

That happened?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

cowboy elvis posted:

Playing PS3 games is oddly comforting. The graphics and controller are like a time machine to when I was way young and life was chill.

I had one at launch in 2006. That made me super popular in the dorms on Ramstein.

Same dude. I'm replaying Mass Effect 1 right now and it's bringing me back to when I was in Germany right after our Iraq deployment. All my buddies, the good beer and food, the fresh air of southern Germany. I bought ME1 right when it came out, we had like 2 months of leave and then a streak of like 2 more months after that where we did nothing at all, didn't even have to show up for work. I loving played ME1 nonstop for a week straight until I beat it. Then I got some weird bug that made me poo poo and puke continuously for a week that I found out 5 years later was probably TB that I caught in Iraq :buddy:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Two Finger posted:

If you aren't putting high explosive rounds in your shotgun and sniper rifle as soon as you can I just dunno what to tell you.

Already on it :sicknasty:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

thanks for the nightmares tonight

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Two Finger posted:

Which is weird because me3 was all of that but played far better. I just can't understand how they went backwards like this.

All that inbreeding on the generation ships they used to get to andromeda. :downs:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
yeah i was gonna say isn't that some anime game? :redhammer:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Third World Reggin posted:

that would be metal gear, the most anime of games

yeah but there's a dogge in it and the dogge is good

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
remember when bioware made good games lol

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

That's not how you spell Wrex :confused:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Wait I forgot he's not in 2 huh

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
If you care about the story and all that play 1-3. Nerding out about all the sci-fi technology and aliens and junk was fun for me because I'm a dork, and also exploring planets and doing sick jumps off cliffs in the Mako was a blast.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Two Finger posted:

But we'll give it a cannon and sick jump jets so it's still awesome anyway

That is absolutely what made it the best. Get stuck? Jump jet your rear end away and if that doesn't work FIRE ZE CANNON!

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Pump it up! Do it! posted:

Pretty much everyone who worked on ME2 quit, then everyone who worked on on ME3 quit and most of the people who worked on Dragon Age Inquisition also left. Basically Bioware has had a turnover of several hundred percent and isn't the same company any more. If they have have a 75 % sale of Andromeda I might buy it since there's basically no good game to satisfy my sci fi exploration itch.

That's honestly what I felt happened just based on these videos of ME:A. loving bullshit where companies hire talented programmers et al, grind them down with 80 hour work weeks and no overtime pay, they finally get sick of it and quit. Then the cycle begins anew. Except this time they hired probably fresh out of college programmers, designers, etc who apparently barely cobbled together a game.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Missionary Positron posted:

So basically the original ME-trilogy is actually a tale about the abuse of labor in the game industry, in which predatory companies (reapers) harvest new game studios/devs (civilizations)? Brb, writing a scathing Marxist critique. :v:

I WROTE IT FIRST, COPYRIGHT, COPYRIGHT COPYRIGHT!!!!

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Can it wait a minute? I'm.....working on some calibrations.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Putting playing the ME trilogy over again on hold because it's bugging the gently caress out of me that I haven't 100% MGSV. Currently hunting for all the animals with my best doggo buddy DD.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I was kicking dudes I had knocked out and DD ran up because he's a good dogge and just wanted pettes but I accidentally kicked him and knocked him out :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't care about it in any other game but gently caress me I ran into a bug in MGSV where I had already captured the Jehuty Ibis but it didn't give me the emblem. You can't redo that side-op so I'll never have 100% completion rate. Playing it on PS4 so I can't just download some hack to fix it.

:shepicide: