Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

When my dad PCS'd to Ft Lewis, and I got to meet my mom's side of the family for the first time I distinctly remember getting my hands on a computer for one of the first times at my uncle's house. He was on the Kittyhawk so of course he had a bunch of naval games, and the image of the Sea Wolf CD case is burned into my mind. I don't think I ever played it though because he didn't want his 7 year old nephew getting his grubby little kid hands all over it, but he let me play Doom instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
The local comic shop that I visit sometimes with my nerd buddies from before the army has the 4 player x-men cabinet. I don't think I've ever seen it working and it pisses me off. Sell the drat thing to someone who will get it working you assholes. I think the biggest problems with those cabinets was the 2 CRTs stuck side by side to give you that ultra wide viewing area, they break easily I've heard.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Was it six player? I can't even remember anymore.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Ah, I guess it varied and there were versions of anywhere from 2-6.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Man I wanna build a MAME cabinet. That poo poo is awesome dude.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
THANK YOU SERGEANT MAJOR

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I need to get back to 100%-ing all the Metal Gear games. I still haven't 100%-ed MGSV, still sitting at like 88%.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Fart Sandwiches posted:

FYI mgs2 is nightmarishly difficult in the final bits. It's not beating it on extreme because there are some cheese spots, it's the goddamn sniping VR missions. Holy gently caress they're lovely. Watching people do it on YouTube is just as frustrating because they make it look so easy.

That's the part I'm dread of the whole series, I think you talked about it before.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Syrian Lannister posted:

I mistakenly started reading the comments....

loving nerds

never go full gamefaqs

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Handsome Ralph posted:

Pfft, amateurs.

get on my loving level, bitch

:negative:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Yeah most of that poo poo I have was on humble bundles, mass bundles of poo poo, deals, etc. There were a few times in the past 13 years that I bought quite a few games during the big steam sales, or one-offs that I really wanted. But like that thing says I haven't played most of it because it's poo poo that came bundled with other stuff I wanted.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Yeah, well I signed up for ICQ when IDs were still seven digits, WHAT'S UP NOW

Same. I forgot it a long time ago and the last time I used it was like circa 2001~.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Eve online.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Derek Dominoe posted:

And Eve, for all if it's many faults, does hit one note that UO thrived on, namely letting players completely gently caress with each other in null space. Letting players wage war with consequences rather than engage in meaningless slapfights will draw in more than a small niche. It's still hard to draw an entrenched playerbase away to your new game, but not impossible.

I tried WoW and loving hated it. I was too poor and couldn't convince my mom to spend $20 on me at costco to buy UO when it was out. Eve Online is the only MMO that I've tried that actually made me want to come back. Haven't been able to mostly because of growing up and having other poo poo to do, but yeah, it's the whole "let all the players gently caress with each other" element that is just loving awesome.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Griefing is the best part of any multiplayer game.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I’ll take that Mighty No. 9, thanks dude.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Thanks man.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

orange juche posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gig4_5MkOY

Mighty No. 9 is pretty bad, I've heard.

:shrug: i had everything else

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Third World Reggin posted:

thank god

I had enough of weird vampires and plots that went no where

fite me irl see what happens

nanomachines, son

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
OOORAGGGH DEBBA DAWGS SMEPRIFI IN MUH BIDEO JAMES

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

ZXJ4A-QQ2AT-ICZ7C

Code for a free copy of Sonic CD on steam

Thanks dude, hell yeah gonna play some sonic when he was cool and wasn't the mascot of autist manbabies.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Germans have job simulators, we have EXTREME FISHING SIMULATORS.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Could I get an invite to the discord again because I'm a loving retard, broke my phone that had 2FA on it for discord, and didn't have backup codes. Had to get them to delete my account and then wait a month until I could use the same email again.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
WEEAABOO WEEAABOOO

i regret nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room