Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
The true test will be is anyone still playing this game in 2 weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

i can't possibly ever see that happening with an early access game

the only other online game I've played recent is MWO and they're getting ready to gently caress that poo poo up hardcore :\

MWO has been hosed since they added the ghost heat bullshit.

edit : also the $600 mechs :lol:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

VikingSkull posted:

I have nearly 200 hours in it, it's that good.

The developers are proactive as gently caress and the first patch addressed a poo poo ton of things. It's also been the top of the Steam sales charts for a month running. PUBG ain't going anywhere.

I hope so. It looks like a very cool idea. I just don't like jumping in on things that die in a week.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
GIP discord link that does not expire :

https://discord.gg/GHQRD5q

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

They were on either side of my empire. I submitted to one and was promptly smashed into a shitpile by the other. Thank for the 'help' space dicks. :argh:

Never allow 2 fallen empires to be unmolested in your game.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

tastefully arranged labia posted:

I'm laughing pretty drat hard at the KFC logo and the name.

Was playing a hivemind so I figured it was a good fit since I eat anyone i conquer.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
What does Rho squad have to say about it?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

pssh i did mine all alone, didnt need 3 other dudes to help me so t:smuggo:t

You sound pretty bitter that you couldn't do the same.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
So many games of Stellaris and I never 'won' till yesterday.

The game also has elbow sex.

And can still be quite amusing.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

RICKY!

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

ha ha gently caress you

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Regular headphones have done that sort of thing for a very long time. Like Soundblaster64 time.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Stellaris patch today broke the game. The AI no longer wants to war and turns everyone into pacifists.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Two Finger posted:

gently caress that enslave all Two Finger 2020

Caste system is also hosed up now. Pops who are not even grown yet but placed onto food/minerals and off again will get a -10% happiness for 'former slave'.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Third World Reggin posted:

Found two stellaris mods that are ruining my time.

Can the AI actually make proper use of all of that bullshit?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Ya I've been using the beta a bit today seems to be ok. I only have some flag & portrait mods atm.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
gip.jpg

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Ok for solo I guess. Wish I could use ADS tho.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

wangchung did some guy shoot you with a shotgun in the face in that game

edit: nvm i saw who killed you that looked exactly like the scenario i won on though

Nah he had a 416. He ran behind a pile of hay that I guess bullets don't go through. He waited till I tried to rush him and fed me a bunch of lead. I was down to like 10% health so I was doomed anyways.

edit : oh you TAP the right mouse button for ADS. loving hell.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I want to like pubg but I think I need a new mobo/cpu to do it. It just always chugs for me even after tweaking the poo poo out of it. Had the same problem with BF1. This old quad core just ain't got what it takes anymore.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

If only you actually got to shoot some god damned guns with him.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Are they using punkbuster again?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Awesome. I looked all over the website and steam page and saw no mention of PB so I was hoping. Guess I will buy it then.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Rising Storm 2 is good.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
People LOVE to stand behind anyone with an RPG. And then don't forgive the tk. It's cool when I get a double then single tk from backblast and have to wait almost a minute to respawn.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

God drat calling in the hand of god to smite the enemy is fun and good.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Capn Beeb posted:

Holy poo poo the shotguns in Rising Storm 2 are amazing :stare:

The duckbill is pretty laffo. Hip shooting with it works drat good.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I've bought like 2 sub games since I got out. Neither of them I played past 15 minutes.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Reverand maynard posted:

PUBG needs a baseball field with an m4 at 3rd base

fixed

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Grognan posted:

Yeah you were pretty good

I wanna pit Games against GiP in an incestoues match though.

Why you all gotta beef with mumble?

It runs like poo poo and has to be run in admin mode to ~mostly~ work properly.

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

kept ending up self volunteering for CO for a couple of games in RS2 even though I was drunk and hell we won and no one voted to kick me so I'm happy. feels good man. would do again so I'll try again so wang chung doesn't always have to be the dude

I don't mind being commander I'd just rather not when squaded up with dudes. Getting 100+ kills is nice tho.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I played a bunch of mw2:mercs on my deployment.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
So my cpu has been overheating like mad. Initial temps like 150-170 on startup. So I get a coolermaster hyper 212 evo. Initial temps are now 90.

gently caress sake. I knew the fan/sink that came with the cpu wasn't great but god drat.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
It is an old computer and I had to modify the fan mounting due to how the case is setup. It is sitting about 1/2 inch above what it should be so it's not getting full use of the fan so it would be a bit cooler.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Under load in RS2 it's running 42-44c

Idle 30-32c

It's fine.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Oh hey a RS2 patch I wonder what they did.

Major Update (Hitching/Stuttering)
Addressed ‘hitching/stuttering’ that many players would experience during gameplay on all maps. Please note, this will only address those users who have 6GB+ RAM only. Please also note, players will experience slightly longer load times upon initially launching the game, as some previously ‘streamed’ content is now loaded on game client launch. As always, please be sure to report your feedback on the official Tripwire Interactive RS2: Vietnam forums:https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/rising-storm-2-vietnam/rs2-vietnam-general

Additional Crash Fixes
Fixed several crashes that would occur when players loaded between maps
Fixed a crash that would occur when in spectator mode

loving lmbo. I have had some stuttering issues at times on maps. I had no idea having 16gb of ram would be a problem for a game.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Duzzy Funlop posted:

There is a shitton of "old" classics and cool titles on sale again, but they've been on sale several times over the last couple of years, so they barely get featured anymore.

Anyone that still hasn't played Skyrim, or the Tropico titles, both franchises are a whole lot off till July 5th

I've been waiting for a sale to pickup the tropico 5 dlc

hmmm

Regular price is nazi, special price is 888 superlucky!

ded fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jun 29, 2017

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Mad Max is better than I thought it would be. It's like far cry but you drive around in a badass car and beat people to death with your bare hands instead of shooting them.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

lmbo

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

orange juche posted:

God drat I am bad at shootmans. It feels I'm stuck in molasses compared to the people I'm playing against, I get some kills every match but jesus how in the gently caress do you compete against teenagers hopped up on Monster and Red Bull? Doesn't help that my laptop has to really loving strain to get to a playable framerate, I'm sure if I could hit 60fps+ it would be a lot more playable.

Play Rising Storm 2. The overall pace is a bit slower and people who try to run around get hugely penalized.