Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rocksicles posted:

Episode 5 is a masterpiece.

I'm halfway through it. They just spotted the paintcan in videos of the party and my heart stopped beating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Totally agreed, that just rocked my socks off

Finale spoiler: I saw Christia not knowing CPR right before it happened and my heart stopped all over again

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I really feel like the true culprit is none of the suggested theories and that it's all hidden in the information somewhere and that watching it over with a fine tooth comb will bring it to light.

...Man, this kinda thing is not good for me.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Escobarbarian posted:

"You gotta watch episodes 7 and 8 in unison and the culprit will be revealed!"

Oh god, if you watch the main titles every image is relevant to the case except the statue!

What about the statue, guys?

It's all coming together

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DivisionPost posted:

Somebody make a thread for American Vandal. I would, but I wouldn't know where to start; this show really is everything.

I'm on it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
American Vandal thread is up

(Mods please change the tag, I forgot to put one)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Josh Lyman posted:

I inadvertently revealed his identity to a pair of 25 yo hot blonde twins I was talking with. After they got a photo, he and his two lady friends immediately left, though they had closed out already. I left the twins for a few minutes bc I didn't want to be around if they asked for the photo since I would be the rear end in a top hat who bummed a cigarette then set these dunk girls on him, and now both groups are gone. Rip everything.

A Lannister always pays his debts :smug:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MiddleOne posted:

You're going to have to be more specific.

I think he means Dear White People.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah, throwing another rec on the pile for last night's ep of The Good Place. It was so inventive, so original and they just blasted through at least a season's worth of storyline. Ridiculously good.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:siren: ABANDON THREAD :siren:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MiddleOne posted:

I couldn't find a thread so I just wanted to say that Inhumans seems really bad going by the first episode.

Oh, oh no, what a surprise :geno:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MiddleOne posted:

Am I the only one who found the first episode of Rick & Morty really underwhelming and never actually got into the show at all?

I binged all of S1 on a day when I was feeling down and needed something to do, I thought it was fine but I have no desire to watch another episode.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gaunab posted:

I just found out that in Kevin James new show they killed his wife off in the second so that they could add a role for Leah Remini. I also found out that hulu is releasing a show about Josh Hutchinson traveling through time to prevent Keith David from getting herpes.

Leah Remini should just stick to kicking Scientology in the balls, she's much better at that

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Am I right in thinking Mr Robot S3 starts tonight?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Mr Robot S2 was awesome and anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't appreciate good characterisation and worldbuilding :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The S3 Mr Robot premiere was everything I wanted it to be. The only thing missing was Mrs. Wellick making a young dumb guy feel like an idiot

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Guy Mann posted:

https://twitter.com/TomatoGrandpa/status/917903050085470211

I turned myself into a hot take, Morty! I'M HOT TAKE RIIIIICK!!!

DivisionPost posted:

As controversial and noxious as self-diagnosis is, I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what your point is besides "gently caress Dan Harmon" and why anyone should care.

Solid post combo here

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I just saw the latest gently caress Scientology and holy poo poo. That is literal human rights abuses there. Someone's got to be able to do something legally with that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

precision posted:

another thing about last night's Mr Robot, the needle drops were on fire, the whole opening is set to INXS's "New Sensation" and there's an absolutely amazing use of the Barenaked Ladies' "One Week"

Neither of those were as good as the use of Listen To Your Heart

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

I literally guessed the season one finale "twist" as a joke when someone else asked me what I thought the twist was, after hearing nonstop, annoying praise of it, by thinking "what would be the stupidest, most obvious, and most cliche possible twist the show could go for?"

I said it as a literal joke because I didn't think TGP could be so intellectually insulting as to go with a twist that terrible but nope, it did. Exactly.

You know a shows twist is good when the shows creator has to do a bunch of post season metanarrative interviews explaining the twist's greater effects because it throws literally everything that happened before into doubt or disarray.

Classic Occ

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

less laughter posted:

Stranger Things S2 reviews are out, here's the tally so far...

Average Rating: 7.89/10 :geno:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So drat pumped, 2018 can't come quickly enough

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

X-O posted:

Well today is still a Friday therefore there is still work. Unfortunately my job doesn’t have designated bingewatching breaks.

Shoulda called in sick :cmon:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I just binged through Season 3 of iZombie and even though I enjoyed it really feels like halfway through all the rest of the scripts got lost in a shredder so they started fresh with a whole new set of ideas. So many plotlines get dumped at the midpoint with no follow up like Major and Liv's relationship, the stolen cure, Blaine's Dad's new business ideas and more besides. It's just not the solid storytelling I've come to associated with the show.

Still worth it for the gang playing D&D though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
You can say that all you like Louie CK still profited off of his own criminal act

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sinteres posted:

He's getting the full Kevin Spacey treatment, but his behavior, while awful, really doesn't seem to be on the same level to me

It's not about levels. Exerting your position of power to satisfy your own wrongs by making someone else feel uncomfortable and traumatised is wrong no matter what act you do.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sinteres posted:

Nobody's disputing that it was wrong. Saying there are no levels of wrongness or punishment in society is obviously untrue though, and shows how he's getting swept along in an overdue current (admittedly because his admission and apology is also overdue).

Saying this minimises the experience of victims and devalues the extent of the emotional damage. It tells victims that they shouldn't feel bad about it because 'at least it wasn't X'. We can always think of a situation worse than the one we went through and this causes long-term problems because it prevents victims from processing their experiences and leaves them with pent-up trauma. The only way we're going to confront the endemic issue of sexual harrassment in society is by accepting that the extent of the act itself does not correlate with the negative impact it has on the victim because all acts are based on this same underlying power exchange.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Andrew Kreisberg, you have failed this city

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I can't wait for the Legolas-Gimli sex scene

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Davros1 posted:

It'll focus on the human and elf races, that way they don't have to spend money on SFX for hobbits or dwarves

It's all right, Peter Dinklage needs work next year

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Escobarbarian posted:

ok here's some. included ones i probably didn't need to just for coverage but ah well

code:
13 Reasons Why
Adventure Time
Alias Grace
American Gods
At Home With Amy Sedaris
Back
Baskets
Better Call Saul
Big Little Lies
Big Mouth
Catastrophe
Crashing
Dear White People
Detroiters
Feud
GLOW
Halt and Catch Fire
I Love Dick
Insecure
Lady Dynamite
Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events
Man Seeking Woman
My Brother, My Brother and Me
Neo Yokio
Nirvanna the Band the Show
Patriot
Playing House
Queen Sugar
Red Oaks
Review
Santa Clarita Diet
SMILF
Sneaky Pete
The Get Down
The Tick
Tin Star
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later

You missed American Vandal, we're not friends any more. Also:

The Defenders
Iron Fist :lol:
The Deuce
gently caress Scientology
Legion
The Handmaid's Tale
Riverdale

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Tony Head, don't you dare take Giles from me

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Man, you know superhero TV has come off the boil when not a single person in Couch Chat has mentioned if the Punisher is good or not

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok I watched the first episode and it's disgusting.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IRQ posted:

How so?

~*toxic masculinity*~

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I just watched the first episode of Future Man and holy hell, who knew that Peeta Mellark had a personality?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Guy Mann posted:

Watch Detention. Not only is it an amazing fever dream of a movie (it's directed by the same guy as Torque) but Josh Hutcherson is great in it.

DivisionPost posted:

I did, when I saw Detention.

Watch Detention, Rarity.

Shageletic posted:

My man, have you seen a movie called Detention

Geez, guys, seriously

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

precision posted:

can we please all stop using the term "hateboner" it's dumb as hell

Yes I propose the new term 'angerstiffy'