Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Aftermath on SyFy is an enjoyable romp through a ridiculous apocalypse scenario that if you like Z-Nation you should give it a shot.

edit: ^^^^ :stonklol:

Cactus fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Jan 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

GobiasIndustries posted:

I'm finally getting around to Legion: I really liked the first episode but the timeline confused the hell out of me. Should I watch it again before moving on or do things get explained in later episodes?

I managed about 6 or 7 episodes before losing interest and dropping it. It was good up until that point and it entertained me, but nothing about it made me care at all about how it was going to end or what the "answer" to it all was going to be. I didn't feel as though finishing it was going to provide me with anything more than what I'd already gleaned out of it and so I didn't bother and I don't feel like I've missed out on anything.

In short: Legion is worth watching until it isn't. After that, stop, and you won't miss much.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

With all due respect how do you know if you miss much by not finishing it if you didn't finish it?

Not that I disagree with your basic principle of "if you don't like it, stop watching." A lot more TVIV threads would be readable if that was a common accepted idea. I think Legion was worth it and very good, but I would never really try and convince someone who watched 70% of the season that if they didn't like it they somehow would start in the final run. But I also don't think that person really has a say on whether that last part is worth watching or not.

For my part I think the end of Legion gives some pretty satisfying answers and the end run of episodes has some really great stuff.

I wasn't enjoying it enough to keep watching so I stopped. To my perspective that makes it not worth watching. Of course I can't comment on the content of episodes I haven't seen, that wasn't what I meant to say; my post was mis-worded. But yes, I agree that more people should do this with shows they aren't enjoying, not just for the quality of our threads here but also out of respect for their own time and sanity.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Why what's going to happen (that hasn't already) if Confederate airs? Some people on the internet get cross?

Cactus fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Oct 27, 2017

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I just now noticed that The Strain had finished it's run. I saw the first season and thought it was ok. There was room for improvement, but nontheless it was entertaining enough and I was curious to see where it was going to go, so I resolved to re-visit when it was done.

In general, how did it turn out? Were there any major increases or decreases in quality or did it potter along at about the same level?

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

MiddleOne posted:

Every new season was better than the one that came before it.

Ah, so the opposite of falling skies/walking dead etc. That's what I was hoping to hear, thanks.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

This is a drat good list although I’d probably swap a few things from 1-10 and 11-20. How is Better Things so low?

I could hazard a guess...

How did Travellers' 2nd season turn out? As good as the first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm loving it so far. Enrico Colantanti (Veronica Mars' dad) also joined the cast.

Well that settles it. I'm just gonna watch...

• Locked thread