Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Hah, Invasion of Norm's ID. I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

TheBigAristotle posted:

NO SANE PERSON SAID THIS, AND THE INCREASED RACISM IS YOU

Yeah literally the only people who said racism was over were right wing assholes who thought blacks should universally stop complaining about racism because one black man became president.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Aside from having a good message, what I like about Bors' depiction of Trump is how he plays up what I find to be his least attractive feature, which is just how pale the area around his eyes are from the rest of his spray tan. Other people lay on tanning beds with those tiny little glasses that just cover your eyes but he must wear giant ones. I'm looking forward to seeing what just a month or two of being POTUS will do to his physical appearance when he doesn't have time for poo poo like bronzer.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Wasn't this the whole point though? No nice white Americans wanted a potentially dangerous pipeline going through their area's drinking water so they were trying to route it through the Native American's land instead? I mean every company has a terrible record of pipeline leakage so there's always potential for disaster, but I would think simply "going around them" is the primary goal of those protesting so that should at least work for them.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Excuse me but this cartoon implies she actually had some experience driving.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Ambitious Spider posted:

Feel like it needs a "feels good man" somewhere in there

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
Yeah, it's not as though political cartoons haven't reached the point where it's difficult to tell die hard psycho beliefs from full on parody. It's just we're all incredulous that anyone has been on the internet for decades without running across theonion.com

Like if it weren't for this thread and I randomly came across Garrison I'd swear on my life it was parody.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

whomupclicklike posted:

This guy publishes weekly from my neck of the woods, and doesn't really seem to get political cartoons at all. There's not really any subtlety.

This is from a few pages back but if you were writing material for the Arkansas Times, would you infuse it with a lot of nuance?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Well that's super depressing to watch a smaller nation make the exact same mistake we've already made on a much grander scale. If America can't be good, at the very least it'd be nice to act as a cautionary tale.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Did Michael Moore do or say anything disrespectful to/about her in the media or something? Seems pretty random otherwise.

Edit: oh, this: "That's why she's there as sort of an f-you for the people who are criticizing [the mission Navy SEAL Ryan Owens was killed in]," Moore said. "And the poor woman, this widow who just lost her husband. She is in desperate grief right now... and in love with her husband. And to use that to put another notch on his belt and what is he thinking about? My ratings. Record applause. Record ratings. I'm going to get an Emmy for this, most applause for a dead soldier on my watch. This is the sickness of this man."

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Ularg posted:

Drunkwing Duck at it again with STDH.

Hah, Drunkwing Duck!

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Starshark posted:

Have you heard about the Deep State :smug:

(or whatever it's loving called)

I had not until about 2 minutes ago when I clicked on a cnn article describing the term. Then halfway down the page they posted a Ben Garrison comic of course.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

I didn't see much of the hearings but is that "zingers" bit supposed to refer to Al Franken? Because I thought Franken did a pretty fair and excellent job of making Gorsuch look like an idiot.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Samurai Sanders posted:

I was following him through panel 3 and then what?

All so-called "Experts" are just hacks who think they know more than an average fellow with his conservative common sense. If we simply call them on their bullshit they'll quickly realize how useless they are and people with no skills or education can start making the real money like they deserve.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

FishBulb posted:

Ditko's insane objectivism aside that's some real way too many words in your visual comics poo poo there. You were a good artist Ditko. Draw something.

I really wonder why there are so many nut jobs in comics. I mean is it really that much more common or is the world of comics is so small and insular it's more obvious. I don't even mean people with bad opinions like Frank Cho and Mike Miller, but full blown nuts like Ditko and Dave Sim and Frank Miller and John Byrne and Scott Dilbert etc...

Aww man, is John Byrne a nut now too? He seemed pretty cool when I got to be in an AOL chat room Q & A in like '93. I guess times change.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Jurgan posted:

You think? I thought it was pretty funny. Basically the joke was that these particular women have strong opinions and know what they should believe, but sometimes just want to stare at a hot guy. I don't think it's supposed to be "all feminists are hypocrites."

My takeaway wasn't that all feminists are hypocrites, but certainly these two in particular are. I am very slightly amused by the hypocrite twins.

davebo fucked around with this message at 18:12 on May 23, 2017

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Sandpuppy posted:

He was a bit older than I thought.

Did he happen to die in Borden, South Carolina where 29017 is the zip code?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Gen. Ripper posted:

Here's a conservative cartoonist's take on the whole Russia mess:

I forgot that time that Obama's born in Kenya status was as legitimately proven as all the Trump White House officials contacts with Russians have been.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

I couldn't get this to play anywhere but the Twitter app if anyone else is having problems. Pretty amusing.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
Out of curiosity, if I were a conservative political cartoonist, who would be paying for my healthcare? If they're syndicated is there some guild that you join into, or are they all on cobra or something where they pay for it all themselves and are super bitter that other people's employers include or subsidize their healthcare?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Johnny Walker posted:

Make sure you awkwardly wedge the "Houston" label in there somewhere, otherwise people might think you are talking about any one of the number of unprecedented flood disasters going on right now.

Aww cut him some slack, we're gonna need that label to remind us which flood it was about when it gets reposted after he goes back to chiseling away on all that which divides us for a few years then makes an almost exact variant of that comic for the next huge disaster.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

I don't know why but it bothers me that Uncle Sam is extended his pinky finger daintily like he's sipping tea.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Hold X to pay respects.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

the_steve posted:

Look at those clowns in Congress. What a bunch of clowns.

How does it keep up with the news like that?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Sometimes I just want to reach into Kelly's strips and pinch everyone's pimple-knees.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Vib Rib posted:

I feel like I must have just missed this one but god drat.

I don't suppose it's even worth mentioning that with the exception of "Rocket Man" and I suppose a few broadcasters from the Fake News Media, his entire Naughty list are "American People". Also between Melania and Israel his Nice list has a lot more non-Americans than Naughty. I assume Russia is somewhere rolled up down there.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

HappyKitty posted:

Not Australian, but I assume it represents chickens coming home to roost?

Yeah I didn't know it was Australian and figured chickens coming home to roost was the Republicans eventual comeuppance when their party does horribly in the 2018 mid-terms after all the nonsense they've pulled. I hope.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
Someone pay Bors to recreate loss.jpg in his own style then just have the woman in the hospital bed wearing a t-shirt that says DEBT.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Pander posted:

The wheels on that car...

As an AI poster this offends me.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
It's a shame about Franken because literally the day before that news I was telling my wife about his book Why Not Me?, the story of a fictional Al Franken presidency, and how it'd be funny if it actually came true and the campaign was remotely like the book. The one thing that always stuck in my head about the book is how on the campaign he'd always have to meet and greet with so many "Stupid People" that for the sake of brevity he just started calling them SP's the rest of the book.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

How the gently caress does he think a backlit tablet screen works? He even drew the light emanating FROM the screen.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
It just occurred to me that 17 year olds today are about as far removed from Bill Clinton as I am from Gerald Ford. Should we really expect them to give a poo poo about his presidency? They probably remember the Clinton administration the exact same way I remember Ford's: reruns of SNL.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Jerry Cotton posted:

That just means you're young :shrug:

Yeah but it works for any age. I don't know about any scandals in the Truman administration but would today's 64 year olds still give a poo poo? I guess I just want all the Lewinski stuff to die off soon so I at least have some idea how long people are going to harp on it. It's been 20 years so I fully expect Republicans to be shouting about Benghazi and her emails in 2037, but it'd be nice if it ended there.

Edit: Apparently Truman investigated the IRS and fired 166 people, but people speculated it was his own corruption?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

World Famous W posted:

100% honest though, I live in AL, and I need to be a all in on this because I find it harder and harder to stay here for friends and family. So if I'm coming off manic today, bare with me.

That's the major problem though, isn't it? Someone said that by 2050, 70% of the population will live in just 15 states, leave the other 35 states with a supermajority in the senate. It's bad enough at this point that the voters in Wyoming have three times more electoral power than the voters in California, but all Republicans need to do to pass anything they want anytime is just wait for Democrats to move apparently.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

World Famous W posted:

I understand that, but this state is vile. Even if we pull it off today, it is an anomaly for how we usually go. I started helping how I can to make it better but at what time can my soul be cleared to wash my hands of my birth home?

Not everyone who lives and suffers here can move eventually, so I'm just abandoning them right.

Again, sorry for general mood today.

Would anyone notice if you kept a PO Box for junk mail in AL then lived in a blue state and just flew back home to vote every two years?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Way to stick it to noted climate-denying red state California?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Yoiks. All they had to do was have the little girl's hand clenched in a fist. With it open like that the whole thing feels super inappropriate.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Zelder posted:

"Santa Claus but actually bad" is still my favorite genre of political cartoons

I'm sick of all these entitlement handouts for kids today!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

A Bad Comic because in it there is actual money trickling down on the lower/middle class.

• Locked thread