Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Can we, as a society, agree to fast forward a week to bypass any remaining "Trump in a diaper as Baby New Year" cartoons

How is anyone supposed to tell the difference between that and any given photograph of him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

A yellow tie would be nice, I think.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Ularg posted:

So already 4chan is claiming responsibility which makes this all come together hilariously. How old is this story? Because 4chan is usually the one to ride out their jokes and not claim anything until they were found out. To have them come out already seems like a way to try and protect Trump's reputation since we all know 4chan has no rep to damage and 2016 has turned 4chan into a Stormfront Confessions website.

The report dates back to August and the 4chan stuff to November so.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I wonder how KC feels about another one of his things going big

(I bet hes happy he isnt known as the dickbutt guy anymore)

I mean he did a kickstarter for plush versions of the dog. very cuddly plushie too, a+ purchase.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

No, kirschen, pre election polling that is intended to predict an outcome is an inherently different animal from opinion polling intended to gain a populace's overall opinion of an established thing.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

OAquinas posted:

Plus, the national polling was pretty accurate.

There is that, too. loving voter turnout.

Good luck with the new Immortan, America. Try not to get nuked too close to Canada, please. :smithicide:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

This counts as a political cartoon, right?

(credit)

neongrey fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jan 24, 2017

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

If I could afford it right now, I would be hitting up Bors to see if there's a way to get a print of that comic. I think it's one of his best standalone non-comic-strip pieces.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Hoo boy, these cartoons.

Hoo boy.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Jurgan posted:

I have to say I kind of hate this one. I don't think any of the listed shooters were mentally incompetent in the legal sense, as in they can't handle their own affairs, use their own money, etc., and that's whom the new law would affect. Someone like that is probably not a mass shooter. This is feeding the narrative that the big problem with mental illness is protecting "us" from "them," because "they" might snap and kill at a moment's notice. But most mentally ill people aren't The Joker. The real danger is that they have an easy way to kill themselves. While I doubt this was the intention, it dovetails with yet another Nazi policy: killing off those who are deemed to be "weak." By putting guns in the hands of those likely to turn them on themselves, they can practice indirect eugenics.

Yeah, this is a pretty ableist line of thought. Schizophrenics, eg, are not actually any more likely to go and shoot up a public location than any other member of society, and by and large, if someone is in a mental state where they'd be considered a threat to themself or others, there's other bars to them being able to have a firearm.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

FebrezeNinja posted:

Are there? I don't know the details of most of those, but the VT case showed otherwise and I don't think much has changed.

Yeah if your mental state leads a medical professional to believe you are a threat to yourself or others that is when one tends to get hospitalized involuntarily. Sometimes that doesn't happen, of course. But that threat does not come part and parcel with one's diagnosis.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

CampingCarl posted:

I think he is the one that once mentioned looking at this thread once or something like that.

I think he is a nongoon; I know he is aware of these threads, but explicitly doesn't want to join because he would spend too much time on them, lol. At least, that's what I remember from the last time I saw this.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Mostly I am tickled at people marvelling at how bad it is as if it were some sort of scraping the bottom of the barrel when really, it's pretty middle of the barrel for the field.

Like it is super bad and needs to be recognized for that, it's just that this being the one to do it tickles me at everyone's pure untainted innocence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Hihohe posted:

Theres such a thing as menstruation cups? What do you do? Catch the menstruation?

Yeah. Silicone, usually, you just shove 'em up there and catch the blood with them and boil the poo poo out of them when you're done. Sounds weird but if you get used to them they are way more convenient and less trash than pads or tampons.

They are generally about the size of a shot glass, as it happens.

• Locked thread