Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Hihohe posted:

Are you sure he didnt just copy this from the thousands of other "did you just assume my gender" as a punchline comics
It really is the laziest regurgitated 'punchline' I've seen in a long time, and everyone across the loving internet is jumping on it while simultaneously patting themselves on the back for being so clever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

SexyBlindfold posted:

You know, I've been thinking for a while that the one driving force behind Trump's rise to power wasn't even bigotry per se, but just pure unadulterated spite. Don't get me wrong, racism and hatred played a pretty huge part in it, but Trump's support base came to be such a rainbow coalition of overlapping and often contradictory brands of hatred (See: Kirschen / KKKlurf) that it just doesn't seem like it could stand on a leg based on racism alone without tearing itself to pieces on day one. On the other hand, the one promise that Trump can deliver on is "liberal tears". Even the dumbest loving spectator can see that Trump's erratic and vague statements mean he really doesn't stand anywhere on pretty much any issue, but the one constant is that, whatever he does, it makes liberals mad. There's plenty of cartoonists on this thread who, to this day, have barely had a single good thing to say about Trump, but they still fall into line churning out pro-Trump propaganda. The message? "see how mad these libs are". And that's it, that's the Trump platform.
Yeah, the overall atmosphere since the election isn't even "ha ha, we won", it's "ha ha, you lost". Making the other side upset is the same as being right now.
In a similar tone, there was this news segment where some smug dipshit gave a petty parting shot to a feminist he was interviewing/debating with about how feminists are easily offended in the form of a playground insult and she demanded to be allowed to respond before they cut her off. This got widely circulated as proof that "haw haw feminists really ARE easily offended!" (and this very "article" smugly posits "way to prove his point!")
As opposed to, you know, "making someone angry isn't the same as being proved right". Or even "news interviews should be held to a higher standard than a tepid internet comment section burn". But no, the petty rear end in a top hat is the correct one because he made the other side mad.

The fact that "you mad" has become national discourse is easily one of the darkest signs.

Trogdos! posted:

(Starbucks to hire 10,000 refugees worldwide after Trump ban)
Red Panels is the ultimate king of concern trolling. Here we see him, like many of the hardcore right-wingers who talked about Trump's "pro-LGBT" policies in the recent election, pretending as hard as he can that he wouldn't love to see homosexuals get murdered.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Sandpuppy posted:

Trump's dumb decisions will bring ISIS, Hezbollah, etc. down on his head. AGC
Times like this I really want to just ask the artist what the gently caress this is even based on other than wishful thinking.
Branco, what has Trump possibly done to make you think he's not just started but nearly finished destroying "radical islam"?

D.N. Nation posted:

Here's a completely, absolutely, 100% unrelated link to Michael Tracey's twitter feed, enjoy

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/826143783242842112
Hmm really makes u think

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Samurai Sanders posted:

I was gonna say "they chose to be Trumps you complete shithead" but I guess the children kinda didn't.
Individuals vs groups?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Samurai Sanders posted:

His children don't have much in common with each other other than Trump knocked up their respective mothers so that's kind of like a group.
But as far as I understand it, the request was "design for my family", right? It wasn't like each member of the family individually went out seeking a tailor?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
It's weird that even in this imagined apocalyptic worst-case-scenario situation Garrison's dreamed up, where the hired employees overtake the company down to fundamental policy (even against US law), that the only negatives he could really come up with were "they'll be expensive", "the store will have a different theme", and "a group of people will be segregated partially". Like you couldn't have coffee brewed with the blood of dead children or something? At least exclude women from the store entirely instead of giving them a second entrance.
Also "goat's milk" listed as if it's self-evident to be an indicator of the worst possible future. The horror of it all.

And like everyone mentioned let's not pretend Garrison actually gives a gently caress about the homeless.

The ultimate concern trolling is when comics like this point out how anti-LGBT Muslim countries are given what Garrison's actual beliefs on women and gays are.
And that's not even to mention him pointing out "oh my god they'll introduce segregation" when he's the one who in the same comic wants to segregate a group of people.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"I can't believe people really believe there is division and hatred being caused by national politics (at least not MY side)! Anyway, now to avoid speaking with this stupid idiot because he dares criticize Trump."

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
How fitting Red Panels titled that comic "What Goes Around...".

"Honestly, we weren't even interested in punching nazis, but they just wouldn't stop fomenting genocide and committing hate crimes."

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
People punched me for being a nazi so the only response that I could possibly think up was to commit genocide, this is reasonable.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Nazis deserve to get beaten up, a good cartoon.

Although checking the news it appears a guy was jumped by two people who were in a car. The news is framing it that he was attacked for wearing a MAGA cap, but it also mentions that just incidentally he was one of the organizers for Milo's planned visit.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Edible Hat posted:

As someone who has been threatened with guns and knives for canvassing for progressive causes in rural neighborhoods, I'm quite sick of hearing how conservatives are meek, put-upon free-speech advocates.
Garrison is one of these people who will scoff dismissively at blacks, gays, muslims, hispanics, middle easterners, women, etc. for being a bunch of crybabies, whining about oppression that doesn't REALLY exist, but then they'll turn around and go "I FEAR FOR MY LIFE IF ANYONE FINDS OUT I SUPPORT TRUMP!!"
Oppression, hatred, and bigotry aren't real, stop whining about your made up problems! The only extent to which they actually exist are in the exaggerated, imagined way they affect ME.
The only racism that exists is against whites, the only sexism is that which is against men, the only bigotry is against rich republican christians.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I shouldn't be surprised at the amount of people swallowing the line, now touted by the loving President himself, that Milo (sometimes, Spencer too) is just some harmless bright-eyed lover of freedom of speech whose only crime is holding a slightly different opinion, and he's been stomped into the mud by the REAL fascists, college students.
The number of BERKELEY KILLED FREE SPEECH comics is loving staggering.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Angepain posted:

Ahh yes, "Fake news", that term that was coined exclusively to refer to The Left talking up Trump's peepee party, and in no way refers to anything else that went on for months and months in the run up to an election, yes
Man the tenacity with which Republicans immediately set to work to use that term to mean "any critical news" or (generously) "any news with a liberal editorial overtone" was loving astounding. They really want to deflect that one to the other side, bad.

Like, sure, random internet comment I've seen multiple variations of just today, maybe you don't like, say, CNN. Maybe they're being more sensational, maybe they're pushing a political agenda in how they report, maybe they're getting downright sloppy. Maybe there are totally legitimate reasons to decry it. But I guarantee you, that is not what the term "Fake News" is referring to.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
How can the so-called "Tolerant Left" be tolerant if they won't tolerate Nazis? Checkmate, Liberals.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Turns out this is really accurate.
I see a George Carlin quote get bandied about all the time, on Facebook, Imgur, places like that. About how "being offended" doesn't automatically make you right. It just means you've been upset about something, it's not a conclusion. There's a "so what" factor there; it has to lead to something more.
But so many people run the opposite way with this: that if you're offended, that automatically makes you wrong. Being upset makes you incorrect, and an idiot. It makes you a whiny baby. And the ultimate consequence of this is that you no longer have to prove you're right in an ideological debate, you just have to get the other person mad. And it turns out that's easy to do when you're talking about Nazis.

We live in a world where that old "you mad" comeback, hollow and insipid, beaten to death by internet memetics several years ago, is now considered by so much of the Right to be an acceptable method of social discourse. Redpanels has Trump writing "you mad bro???" and considers it a sick loving burn. Pundits point out how upset people are that Trump is overreaching and attacking established facets of the government as proof that he's doing a good thing. Racist grandmas on Facebook look at students furious over neonazis and think the other side must be right.

Watterson was wrong: Provoking a reaction is now considered the same as saying something significant.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Neat cartoon from the 40s. No other information on it
I like Anti-Everything's style.

It's something we still see a lot of, really. I wonder why "anti-everything" ever fell out of use, given how universal it still is.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Snake eyes is what, under a 3% chance? And you figure every time you roll the dice you're saving the life of an individual or even an entire family?
I mean those are pretty good odds. If you accept that's what they are -- which they're loving not, but actual terrorist acts by refugees is something that's been well covered already -- then even by Ramirez's own logic it seems prudent to roll the dice, right?

I guess it's irrelevant because vetting is already a thing and people need to stop acting like the only alternative to this travel ban is to let people stroll in with no paperwork.

Internet Kraken posted:

What exactly is this in reference too?t
Trying to keep up on politics right now is...exhausting, to say the least.
Elizabeth Warren tried to read a quote from Coretta Scott King on the Senate floor. She was interrupted by the Senate chair and told to basically shut up, then the majority leader (Mitch McConnell) also told her to shut up. She was banned from reading it aloud.
McConnell announced of the incident:

quote:

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.
Which is phrased so perfectly it sounds like something history books say about civil rights leaders who refused to stop fighting against oppression despite all odds. Unsurprisingly those words have only emboldened the other side, not having quite the intended effect.

Vib Rib fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Feb 9, 2017

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Nenonen posted:

A lava lamp is a tasteless gadget that is in a permanent state of change. Which is why I think a solid rock standing against the sea of change would be a sensible opposite. But Lester can't draw if he meant that, or if he did draw it as an iceberg then he can't draw and he can't make sensible metaphors.
Moreover, regardless of the metaphor's effectiveness, it's not tied to reality at all, as Lester himself recently proved.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Sorry, how did the media destroy due process? Is this something about how certain celebrity suspects are "guilty until proven innocent" in the eyes of the media (which does not actually affect court rulings) or what?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"poo poo, I don't actually have a point. I better draw the opposition saying I do."

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
There's so many bills, implying, erroneously, that California owes money (to the rest of the country/fed, I guess?), but also the cats are clearly bringing in lots of their own money, which can go towards the bills. No need to worry.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
3 parts per million might sound insignificant, which I assume is Dees's point -- "look how little it takes to destroy minds!" -- but it's really a lot, especially when you're talking about air.

I'm not familiar enough with the cartoonist to know if they intend this to be a good or bad thing.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Holy poo poo, McCoy.
This is so outrageously bad in so many ways it feels like a loving parody of itself.

Way to co-opt imagery from an event that your party would have opposed.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Sandpuppy posted:

I always appreciate a good Blues Brothers reference.
I had to check the context on this, and apparently Chaffetz is turning his committee on a cartoon instead of probing any of the questionable things Trump's White House is doing. Or Flynn. Or anything.
Not partisan though. Just looking out for the people.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
As if, had we not known about it, it wouldn't have been a problem. "NO! SEE, the PROBLEM isn't that he did something wrong, it's that he got caught! Look at these assholes, noticing wrongdoing!"

Also c'mon McCoy, I thought leaks were a good thing?? You guys used to love those.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

The vibe I'm getting from this is "you mocked the bowling green massacre and made my side look stupid, so I'm showing you commit a massacre! Also Capone had one on valentine's"
Also "killing" just one dude makes for a pretty bad "massacre". Try harder next time, donkey.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
While looking into McCoy's latest disaster I ran across this, posted on Twitter, which I'd never seen before:

I wonder if there's something he overlooked.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

seiferguy posted:

Looks like "those who blocked a school door ended up on the wrong side of history" got spread around as a Republican talking point. McCoy is just following along here:

https://twitter.com/elongreen/status/830117659488428032/photo/1
Yeah this is literally the same, definitely. Terrorizing a 6 year old girl who was trying to go to school is the same as this. The context is a match. Absolutely. The ongoing campaign of terror and harassment, throwing rotten eggs at a child for daring to get an education, yeah that sounds about equal to this yessir. Also I would like to point out that it was probably the dumbocrats who were blocking Ruby from going to school in the first place, this is definitely an issue for which I can talk about "being on the right side of history" because I always have been.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Fulchrum posted:

It is, in the sense that it's a load of horse crap that gets put up by assholes who inevitably start saying that civil rights victories are actually just things given by the ruling class, and not a hard fought victory that is opposed every step of the way.
Two days ago I saw an argument on another site to the tune of "white people deserve most of the credit for the successes of the civil rights movement, right? Because think about it, they're the ones that finally said 'okay fine you can have some rights'. If they never did that, nothing would've come of any of it."

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
So that expression in the middle. That face. What emotion is that supposed to be conveying? It's like he just threw eyebrows into the duck's eyes. I can't fathom what that face means. Isn't making clear, expressive faces supposed to be a cornerstone of cartooning?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Leave it to Branco to call that trainwreck of a press conference for Trump.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Trogdos! posted:

Obama is so bad he's there twice
Ah yes, that mysterious, unknown, shadowy cabal working from behind the scenes, known only as "The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals". Hushed rumors suggest it truly exists, but the lamestream media doesn't want you knowing about it!

This is even more laughable in the face of the Elizabeth Warren thing.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
What does this have to do with Democrats?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

*Shakes head* MLK would be disgusted to know protestors are blocking roads today, shameful.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Jonas Albrecht posted:

That McCoy where The Left wants to smash Milo with a chair is even better now.
I'm almost afraid to ask, but in light of what?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

OldMemes posted:

How Garrison is going to try and spin the Milo controversy?
Ignoring reality (won't even mention that he was clearly supporting pedophilia), concern trolling ("I thought the left was supposed to EMBRACE the LGBT community, but now I see they only do it when they agree!"), and turning it around on everyone else (a bunch of crying SJWs surrounding Milo and threatening him with "how dare you promote love! we only love HATE!!" while he looks on, unshaken, with a :smuggo: grin).
Same as usual.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Wait, in what way is this a pro-God argument? Is he saying that one particular reading of the Bible justifies the existence of Cancer as a good and reasonable part of His plan?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

logger posted:

You see according to the Bible there was no sin before the fall, and one of the products of a sinful world is disease, so look how crazy those Old-Earth Creationists are for thinking there was cancer before Adam and Eve ate the apple and were banished from Eden.
So for the sake of making an argument he's choosing to believe (or talk as if he believes) that THIS part of the fossil record is correct, when clearly he doesn't believe in it at all because that would invalidate his views.

Arguing against an Old-Earth Creationist by using the loving fossil record is only an attack on the religious aspect, not the scientific aspect. This is the sort of argument you'd see coming from a secular scientist VS an Old-Earth Creationist. If anything he's destroying his own beliefs more than theirs.

SexyBlindfold posted:

Bought it hook, line, sinker, fishing rod, fishing boat, pier and boat rental shack:
- Garrison
Branco too. So many people mocked Trump claiming his presidency was a "well oiled machine", but Branco just drew it exactly as he claimed -- and it was running over Democrats and DUMB HILLARY to boot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Oh my god so many in this latest round of cartoons are just blatant "I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I" it's becoming surreal.
Yes, Nazi Klurf, the only people who hate Capitalism are those who imagine themselves in the same positions of power but specifically in a different type of economy/government, for literally no good reason.
Yes, Branco, the only people protesting are those vile snipes chasing cash, while everyone on your side is good and healthy and positive.
Yes, Lisa, the media are the ones with egg on their face after that glorious interview Trump so tactfully gave.
Yes, idiot whose sloppy mspaint-filled signature I can't make out, all "SJWs" are actually snobby upper-class elites living in gated communities, a stereotype I've never even heard before your ridiculous, reaching desperation.

Trogdos! posted:

Note that this is not by Red Panels himself but a fan guest comic that Panels tweeted.
I guess if you're so hosed in the head you think any form of media portraying black people positively is literally "white genocide", you might have a little trouble telling the difference between making GBS threads on folks for having dark skin and defending yourself from an invading army come to murder you.

I've seen your work and I don't believe for a second this is your real problem with them. As if these people are just one bureaucratic hoop away from being accepted with open arms by you and all your buddies. Ohhh, if ONLY they'd gone through the proper channels!
But of course it's all loving moot because the news has been about refugees who already have legal channels to go through and are not the same as illegal immigrants so stop loving conflating them you insufferable shitbag.

Vib Rib fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Feb 21, 2017

• Locked thread