Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I, for one, look forward to all the mental hoops conservative cartoonists will have to jump through to excuse the parade of failure Republicans are about to deliver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

How on Heaven & Earth could it be anything other than 4-8 years of "this is Obama's fault!"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMjQ3hA9mEA

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Conservative's slavish devotion to talking points means that 99% of them will be saying/believing the exact same things at any given time

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Sir Tonk posted:

toon of the year right there

Bad Reporter is always funny but this poo poo is jawdropping

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

du -hast posted:

That is clearly a Nazi swastika. Even angled at the correct angle and facing the correct way. Do you guys, on SomethingAwful, really not know what the Nazi swastika looked like?

I for sure don't.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Fojar38 posted:

Getting real tired of "Donald Trump but he has Twitter Birds with him" cartoons

Cartoonists are attracted to lazy metaphors as moths to a flame.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Sandpuppy posted:

This is amazing, best McConnell caricature out there.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I honestly don't give any kind of a gently caress whether it's true or not, I'm gonna mock the poo poo outta Trump for being a pissbaby urine bitch until his bloated piss filled corpse is buried 6 feet in the ground.

Then I'm gonna piss on his grave, because I know that's what he would've wanted.

I mean I'm not a monster.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

"Ireland"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Mantis42 posted:

I don't hate Obama personally, actually I quite like him. He's charismatic and has a warm empathy for the kind of middle American he grew up around. But his real failure as president stem to the failure of liberalism as an ideology in general - the continuation of an imperial foreign policy, a rejection of politics and mass democracy in favor of fabled bipartisan consensus, coziness with finance, papering over the irreconcilable contradictions within capitalist democracy with tiny technocratic bandaids etc. Fascism is stems from these failures.

People probably won't learn anything though, they'll just post snarky memes about the dumb thing Trump said today, feel the high of righteous anger for 4 years, then nominate some inoffensive crook like Cory Booker.

So what should people do in your opinion?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

loquacius posted:

One of the issues that keeps coming up in the C-SPAM Democrats thread is that thanks to the DNC's neglect of a proper fifty-state strategy the Democratic bench is kind of thin at the moment. We'll just have to see who manages to raise their profile enough for a 2020 run and choose wisely; that's all we can really do at this point.

I'd still love Warren to run, naturally -- the excuse everyone used to use is "she's getting set up for a Harry Reid type career where she can do more good in the long run", but here it is 2017, we have President Trump, and they gave Reid's job to Schumer anyway, so gently caress it, I say Warren 2020.

The Democrats actually have a really solid bench for the presidency imo, the problem is that no one will ever live up to the lofty ideals of the far-left because they are literally impossible to please. Warren is poised to have a great run, Booker is obviously going to run at some point in the future (depending on how his political stock does in the next 4 years), Keith Ellison has been bucking for more national attention, the list goes on. The republican bench on the other hand is completely hosed, it's how Trump was able to totally usurp the party in the first place. Democrats aren't really in want of candidates, but are in need of solid well-targeted messaging, which has been their problem since basically forever so I'm not sure how they plan on fixing it.

Also Bors reposted an old doodle to facebook that I don't think has been posted:

Prokhor Zakharov fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jan 13, 2017

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

loquacius posted:

Booker is an extremely flawed candidate (call me literally impossible to please if you must) and Ellison, while great, is bucking for more national attention in a position that would preclude him from running for President so those aren't the best examples in the world :shrug:

We are in total agreement on Warren, though. Hopefully someone can convince her to run.

The election isn't tomorrow my dude, a lot can change in 4 years, plenty of time for anyone I mentioned to build towards the role. Hell look how Obama came straight outta left field in 08. The thing to keep in mind is that everyone's just a flawed human being, ultimately. There will never be a perfect candidate (hell sometimes there'll barely be a good one) and if you sit on the sidelines waiting for one because nobody matches you 100% then you'll be waiting a long time. The best use of time is to make your needs/wants known to better candidates and utilize local organization to push them further in your desired direction. Writing off candidates on either side of the aisle isn't smart and doesn't make for good progress, the ascendancy of Trump proved that. But whatever, it's borderline impossible to talk about this stuff without the potential for massive derails, so if anyone wants to chat more on this subject then pm me.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

But with Obamacare gone that guy will get reasonable insurance at an affordable price, right? :shobon:

No don't you see, now republicans can insert a cheaper, better plan to cover every American. A plan that will preserve the free market, enrich small businesses, and save more people than ever.

And that plan is

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Cool another incoming two weeks of 'MOTHER! loving! YOUTHSSSSSS!!'

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

CampingCarl posted:

A little confusing. Either Dees changed his mind about the Donald again or he is trying to show that the Illuminati are mad Trump beat their rigged system. Did Trump say something about Israel recently?

This is clearly showing the forces massing to destroy The Great White Hope

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Pants Donkey posted:

A Pence/Ryan government is seriously more terrifying than Trump/Ryan.

There's some hope that Trump's dearth of experience in politics and lack of loyalty to the Republican Party means we won't get totally hosed and a lot of time is wasted with Trump fighting with Congress to build a wall or whatever. Or just an adminstration generally mired in scandal while Republicans come up countless excuses not to impeach their great white hope.

Pence is scary because it would just be clean, calculated machine of conservatism. He's also mild-mannered enough to put a happy face on the plundering of the nation, and liberals will be all "Well, he's not Trump!" There's a lot more evident fear from a cohesive Republican party.

I mean, I guess Trump could cotton to executive power. he seems legit disinterested in the day-to-day work, but who knows what'll happen when he's in office. I'd say his administration is way too self-interested to let him elevate to some kind of fascist king, preferring to stab him in the back the second it'll benefit them. But Germans tried to assassinate Hitler so who the gently caress knows. I understand the whole unknown quality of Trump in office is enough reason to be scared, but I really don't like the idea of President Pence.

Trump may not be looking to convert to full authoritarian, but he could easily (and unwittingly) lay the groundwork for someone who might.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Jedit posted:

Meanwhile, Trump introduces his latest appointee:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

"I don't have a single loving clue how state/local politics works, what can do to get involved?"

"Well you could learn how state and local politics works. It's not complicated."

"BUT IT'S AN ARISTOCRACY!!"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Ularg posted:

Can we use this version?

Nothing will ever top this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX5C2KGURcE

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Selachian posted:

Okay, it's more than a bit DASGC, but...

That actually was a pretty badass thing to do though.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Corny Cornflake posted:

Cute, but not so cute if you're a term or seasonal employee or an employee waiting for a seasonal rehire or someone hoping for summer work with NPS- Badlands has likely screwed you for the foreseeable future.

Hope PR Ranger there enjoys scrubbing toilets!

How the gently caress have you arrived at this conclusion?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Corny Cornflake posted:

Because there's a hiring freeze and the people who do all the poo poo work aren't gonna be around this summer if it continues and thanks to Badlands it just might.

The toilet scrubbing, well I will admit that will probably go to the permanant trades workers in reality.

The hiring freeze was in place first though?

Civil disobedience takes precedence over things that *might* happen, especially when something like climate change is on the line.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Mister Beeg posted:

Something I wondered. After the end of the WWII, what became of the German people who supported the Nazi party when they were around. Did they basically try to hide their involvement with them after they collapsed? Did they ever admit it was probably a bad idea to put them in power?

"I had no idea what was going on!"

"I was just following orders!"

"I was just supporting my country!"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Branco, are you implying Trump is compensating for something?

Yeah, he's compensating for the fact that literally every news organization in the entirety of the world are all in cahoots to make him look bad with things that he's done and said!

I mean open your eyes you loving dumbocrat!!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Ularg posted:

So basically their solution to democrat obstruction is make literally everything an executive order. Was hoping Trump would actually have to be told no for once instead of acting like a CEO.

Remember when Republicans were absolutely furious that The Great Tyrant HUSSEIN Obama was daring to use executive orders?

lol

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

How can juggalos go on like this, when the real insane clown posse . . . is in the White House!!!

Looks like those insane clowns in Congress did it again . . . what a bunch of insane clowns

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Tei posted:

At this rate Marijuana will be legal in all of usa, and Juana will be ilegal.

Oh word?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I supported Trump and now everyone hates me.

Hmmm...

Hmmmmmmmmmm . . .

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Despera posted:

Well he can't ban the Muslims countries he does business with. That's just common sense.

Or the ones he owes money to

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Trapezium Dave posted:

It's a little surreal that Trump isn't even president yet in Tinsley's universe.

It's only been a week, Tinsley requires 2

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

The "tolerant" left sighed as it unsheathed its picket sign.

Milo was in the center of a cleared road by now, and he held his hands out desperately as the rioters moved in on him. "It isn't tolerant," he said. A flag pole hit him on the side of his head.

"It isn't tolerant, it isn't free speech," Milo screamed, and then they were upon him.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Hmm, seems like it could be a much better cartoon, if it had Rick Perry gripping a dead body by the shoulders, shaking it madly and crying "my nigga have u tried deregulation"

(I'm joking, this is a joke. i'm not seriously mad about this)

Nice meltdown

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Fish Of Doom posted:

So is there some weird pact where every single conservative cartoonist has to draw a "tolerant liberal beating a man with a picket sign" cartoon? I swear there's been at least 10 in the last few pages.

"Antifa Black Bloc slammed two fireworks into the campus, (Commander In) Chief. We was comin’ back from the city of San Francisco to Berkeley. We’d just delivered Milo. One of the good ones. Eleven hat wearing men went into the counterprotest. Our line went down in 12 minutes.

Didn’t see the first leftist for about a half-hour. Anarchist. 6-footer. You know how you know that in the streets Chief? You can tell by lookin’ from the hoody to the boots. What we didn’t know, was that our counterprotest was so secret, no distress tweet had been sent. They didn’t even list us overdue for 6 hours. Very first streetlight, Chief, leftists come cruisin’ by, so we formed ourselves into tight groups. It was sorta like you see in the calenders. Infantry squares like in the old calendars like the Battle of Bunker Hill and the idea was the leftist come to the nearest man, that man he starts trollin’ and posturin’ and sometimes that leftist he go away… but sometimes he wouldn’t go away.

Sometimes that leftist looks right at ya. Right into your eyes. And the thing about a leftist is he’s got watery eyes. Weepy eyes. Like a baby’s eyes. When he comes at ya, he doesn’t even seem to be an adult… ’til he punches ya, and those watery eyes roll over commie red and then… ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched virtue signalin’. The Overton Window closes up, and despite all your trollin’ and your posturin’ those leftists come in and… they tolerate you to pieces.

Anyway, the speech was cancelled.”

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

RacistGuidingLight posted:

There you go. I'm a huge jerk not worth a retort, and it would be pointless to debate me in earnest. Much like Klurf Boy.

If that's the way you want to portray yourself than yeah sure.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Ambitious Spider posted:

saw this on my local antifa twitter

Feel like it needs a "feels good man" somewhere in there

That third panel is great

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I like how the Bush appointed judge is pissed at those filthy libs and yet he, for some unknowable reason, sided with the forces of Obama

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

You may remember, but for a while recently Latuff colored on a slightly-opaque layer over the linework with a large round brush and it looked really crude. I barely recall someone on twitter asking him about it and his response was basically "kiss my rear end"

:nws:here's an example, of exemplary latuffness:nws:

Honestly watercolor markers are a step up from that, in my opinion.

In quality if not content

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Angepain posted:

You think republicans consider non-citizens whites to be people?

There we go

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

That Lester was so bad my die hard Conservative Facebook Uncle™ posted it and was like 'wtf this is horrible'

This dude gleefully voted for Trump and that was a step too far

• Locked thread