Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 6 years!)

D.N. Nation posted:

So when's the next time Ramirez is actually going to draw Trump? 2018?

As horrible as his stingray-Bush caricature was, it's also notable for its absence. I think during Bush's second term, Ramirez drew Harry Reid and random celebrities each more times than he ever did Bush.

Let's make this happen: Petition to force Michael Ramirez to Draw Trump!

Death Ray fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jan 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Ol Standard Retard posted:

this is amazing, I love the super vulgar style of Brittoons applied to the current situation here.

Just for fun: Dancin' Donald with more stages!

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

SIGN THE PETITION!

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

TheBigAristotle posted:

I dunno if I want to see any more of this

WE DID IT!!

https://www.change.org/p/michael-ramirez-draw-trump-now

I'd like to thank all the goons who made this possible. We were the mouse who made a loud, cat like noise!

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Death Ray posted:

WE DID IT!!

https://www.change.org/p/michael-ramirez-draw-trump-now

I'd like to thank all the goons who made this possible. We were the mouse who made a loud, cat like noise!

Wait... Hold the fukkin' phone! When was this made? Does that say 2011? Oh gently caress! I been CONNED!

EMBARGO ON!!

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

We're up to 33 signatures, Goonies! Let's get it to 50 this week! Have you seen Ramirez lately? He looks shaken... agitated! We're getting to him!

Sign the petition and make Michael Ramirez draw Donald Trump!

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

35 more signatures and the Mike Ramirez: Draw Trump Now! petition will have reached 100 names! Can we do this before Trump's own first 100 days are up?? I know we can ! Come on Goons, sign up!

(And remember: at 100 signatures a special sumthin' happens! The sooner you sign... :)

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

He drew Trump last week.

My Fellow Goonmericans:

The road was long, and rocky, and plagued by those graboids from Tremors, but we did it!

After going 90 days without once portraying Donald Trump in his editorial cartoons, Michael Ramirez at last relented and drew the President into his cartoon of February 8th.

So slight was his capitulation that I didn't even know about it until today, but no matter! We were undoubtedly the force that snapped Michael Ramirez like a piece of dry spaghetti, and never again will Ramirez be able to sleep soundly unless he knows that the public's will is being obeyed!

But friends, as in any war, there were casualties. Ramirez may have yielded, but his surrender cartoon was so lazy that he even recycled the same gag he used in the last Trump cartoon he drew months ago. Also, Michael Ramirez shows no sign of ever learning how to draw a successful Trump caricature.

So although we won, editorial cartooning itself has suffered a vicious blow.

I still say the effort was worth it, but now that I see the price of victory, I feel that it might have been best to simply ask Ramirez to quit cartooning altogether and become a greeter at Wal-Mart.

Regardless, this triumph belongs to us all! Thank Michael Ramirez on Twitter @Ramireztoons, and prepare for my next petition where I implore Michael to not bother drawing Donald Trump ever again!

I love you,

Death Ray

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

At last... that genuine "picture worth 1000 words"

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

D.N. Nation posted:

DAMMIT CARTOONISTS STOP DOING SONG PARODIES

NEVER!!! SING, drat YOU!!

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Is this the first ever print appearance of the word "dude"??

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

KillerQueen posted:

Edit request: put an infant in front of America's car.

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

xthetenth posted:

Tom of Finland's drawings are... emphatic. And this is Garrison's imagination.

My God that's hawt.

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Angepain posted:

The closest guess I can make as to why anyone would draw this is that this guy has just discovered that sometimes people deliberately let forests catch fire because that's how they naturally grow and has decided to attempt a sarcastic hot take on what morons these morons are. But I'm only extrapolating from "kindling eliminator" and "completely fried brain" so further research is still needed i think

The cartoonist anticipated the confusion, and signed off with a little bird saluting the firefighter. Verdict: "PRO".

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Shangri-Law School posted:

I've got a guy for you.

quote:

At last report, there is zero evidence that the Russians had squat to do with the recent Wikileaks dump of Democratic National Committee emails detailing the program of fraud and sabotage against the Sanders campaign. Still, that hasn't stopped Liberal Democratic mouthpieces like MSNBC shrieking at full throat about how "the Russians did it".

Actually, it's too bad that the Russians didn't do it, because ma-aan, would that have been some poetic justice.

I think that "zero evidence" of "squat" amounts to a double negative.

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

All that effort for such a lovely joke!

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Prism posted:

Oh no, not his butt

For a 'phobe he sure likes drawin' dem rear end cheeks!

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Pants Donkey posted:

I get your heart is in the right place, but this is pretty much stooping to Branco's level

A hobbit couldn't stoop to his level.

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Sort of on topic? You decide!

An Open Letter to Chuck Dixon

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Jesus. Ramirez, man! Dude does NOT pull punches!

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Is there a way to delete posts? I tried attaching a jpeg to this post (I have a platinum account), but nothing came through. Am I crazy or has the world gone mad? Everything worked fine for me the other day.

If this is a known glitch, please tell me.

Death Ray fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Nov 8, 2017

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Sandpuppy posted:

Eh, Comey, Mueller...all the same thing when you're on your 11th beer of the morning 80th hour of research.

26 dead people thank you!

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Office Pig posted:

Now that’s what I call a red state.

That's so good it could have come from li'l Stan Kelly!

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Pakled posted:

I think it's more "Those stupid libs are so concerned with stopping Moore that they'd throw their own guy under the bus to do so!"

Of course, someone with normal sensibilities would call that "integrity."

Hasn't enough time passed that we CAN throw Clinton under the bus and still be good liberals?

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Internet Kraken posted:

So am I supposed to hate Al Franken now or forgive him? Its hard to keep up with all this stuff.

Good question. I think the answer is not to let him off the hook (although the fact that his accuser accepts his apology is a mitigating factor). As for the inevitable Moore/Franken comparisons, if someone tries to accuse you of a double standard, don't try to exonerate Franken but force your opponent to condemn Moore as well, or else admit that they don't care about Franken or Moore's transgressions.

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Oh God how I needed that.

Death Ray fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Dec 7, 2017

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Happy New Year! Enjoy the last word on politics you'll need in 2017: "Jillenstein!"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Death Ray fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Dec 31, 2017

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

This is the most embarrassing thing ever posted in this thread.

By all means elaborate :)

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Stultus Maximus posted:

That essay is bad.

A critique is always more welcome than a critic.

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Stultus Maximus posted:

It started out bad by saying that anyone gives a poo poo about Jill Stein or blames her for anything other than embarrassing Facebook posts and veers right into loving awful when you try to discredit her critics by accusing them of "blood libel" against a Jew.

Well... I give plenty of quoted examples of people who do care about her enough to hate her with disproportionate passion, including high level members of Clinton's campaign team. Clinton herself pointed a finger of blame at Stein in her book, and of course, there is the chaff recently thrown out by the Senate committee investigating the election. You can call Jill Stein inconsequential (in fact, I all but say it myself), but she sure does attract a lot of ire.

(Is Jill Stein Jewish? I never even considered that. The "blood libels" made against her are for being a leftist, not a Hebrew.)

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

To be thread-relevant, before this, has there been a single cartoon about Jill Stein? Where is this alleged liberal obsession with her?

We're not even getting into why the head of the GREEN Party is so chummy with an autocratic petrostate.

Dare I ask if you even read the editorial? Because I address all of those points.

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Stultus Maximus posted:

"blood libel" is specifically an antisemitic accusation.

Myes, but I would have used it regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

Unkempt posted:

I've heard a lot of people say how terrible you are but never really appreciated it until now, so thanks for that you loving idiot.

I know for a fact that you have not heard this, because if I were popular enough to have reached your ears more than once by word of mouth I would not be trawling for a few extra reads of an editorial I self-published on Medium :)

• Locked thread