Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

World Famous W posted:

I understand that, but this state is vile. Even if we pull it off today, it is an anomaly for how we usually go. I started helping how I can to make it better but at what time can my soul be cleared to wash my hands of my birth home?

Not everyone who lives and suffers here can move eventually, so I'm just abandoning them right.

Again, sorry for general mood today.

Hey, take it from a poor trans woman born in Arizona: it's hard, but people will find a way to survive even in the worst of shitholes. You're doing what you can where you can, right? Then it's fine to be worried, and it's fine to be manic. Things will get better, even if they feel awful right now. :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

whomupclicklike posted:

cis people so salty smh :v:

I take the cartoon as a trans butch lady getting fed up with cultural stereotypes, and none of you can stop me. Death of the author!

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

mistaya posted:

All I had was MSPaint, but it had to be done. :colbert:

better than the original, good job

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

You should not be fair to Ted Rall.

"To be fair" is the only reason Ted Rall has ever gotten a job. Hasn't Fox bought him on air to be the token dumb liberal everyone else dunks on before?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Seems like the real cue to break us is "is heterosexual," hth.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Trogdos! posted:

what even is this metaphor

Wow, he's already deflecting before anything else comes out. It must take skill to backtrack without ever going forwards.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

:trumppop:Now it makes sense .

The weird part to me is that it's androgynous in an inhuman way. I run around with a lot of people who look androgynous as a result of transitioning, and none of them look like that thing. It's uncanny valley but for gender, I guess?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Radish posted:

Whatever!!

capitalist_realism.png

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Ben Garrison seriously tweeted this cartoon while a horrific train derailment is still major national news

https://twitter.com/GrrrGraphics/status/943578529144246272

"#TrumpTrain #NoBrakes"

It happened in Washington state, ergo not in Real America, duh.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

No politoons about the stolen election yet, huh? I'm "surprised" all the anti activist judges voices haven't said a thing.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Having grown up in an abusive household, I've always had a lot of issues around physical contact, and the Santa thing has never really sat well with me. Why is it a thing? Who the hell wants to sit on some old dude and ask for presents, even as a kid?

Or, in other words, A Good Cartoon.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Cpt.Americant posted:

As opposed to Trump, the champion of non-white, non-straight, poor women.

Pence called the Muslim ban "UnAmerican."

Pence does not excite white nationalists.

Pence does not threaten invasion of our allies.

Pence does not listen to infowars and consider them credible.

Pence does not show any authoritarian tendencies.

Pence does not have a cult of personality that allows him to get away with things other politicians can't.

Pence said the booing he received at Hamilton was "what democracy sounds like."

Pence calls Russia a hostile state.

Pence does not have narcissistic personality disorder.

Pence does not call to undermine our democratic norms.

Pence would not have his name shouted at minorities as a threat.

Pence would not say there were very fine people on both sides.

Pence would concede defeat when he loses an election.

Pence would be a lovely Republican in the way Republicans have been lovely for a long time. Trump is so much worse than that for so many reasons, and I hate with a passion this "yeah but Pence would be just as bad" because it's just wrong.

Hi, you don't seem like a bad poster/person, but this reeks of someone who wouldn't have the gay electrocuted out of them under a "business as usual" Pence presidency. Neither Pence nor Trump will be safe for people like me, and I'd rather not have well intentioned people forget that.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Well, mostly for cishet neoliberals, in my experience most harder leftists are pretty on point on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Death Ray posted:

Well, I don't think anyone has yet read past the first paragraph so this doesn't wound me overmuch. If you make it to the end I'll be happy to hear your criticisms. (But hey, how about that cartoon? I really think I nailed Jill's jawline!)

You posted a lovely hot take in this thread, in D&D, on Something Awful dot com. At a time when most posters are absolutely, unequivocally exhausted with innumerable idiotic takes in a truly awful year, when most people have the time to shitpost. Just how did you expect this to end up? drat.

• Locked thread