Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Control Volume posted:

TRUE/FALSE:
Trump is the reincarnation of grigori rasputin converted to the religion of venture capitalism, resurrected by a foul voodoo ritual headed by necromancer vladmir putin to sap the strength of undying neoliberal lich Hillary Rodham Clinton and defeat her in the election with the help from sinister kgb operatives

Well I don't believe that, but there isn't an option that represents my exact beliefs (trump is a money golem made by a wizard as a graduate project) so I'm gonna say true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'll take spiders over anything that flies, every time. Even houseflies are worse than a small, well-behaved spider that has the decency to make its web in a place I can barely see it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

loquacius posted:

Houseflies are annoying in that they're hard to kill, but at least they're not sticking around long unless your house is disgusting. Spiders are always there, waiting, until you get rid of them.

If you don't have any other bugs, the spider will die of starvation (or leave to find a place that does have bugs idk)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

loquacius posted:

If you have so many flies in your country that a large spider being alive and free in your house is a preferable option, your ecosystem is what I like to call "hosed"

My spiders are smaller than a fingernail and are welcome guests in my home as long as they can find food

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Small spiders are way better than these fuckers

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

loquacius posted:

In which the US Worker is coaxed out of the cozy protective shelter of Obama's policies by an extremely sinister-looking Donald Trump, in an apparent pro-Trump cartoon

This was my first reading too

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Is the president actually the boss of the park service, or do they just have a congressional mandate to do their thing and thus can't really be punished for thumbing their nose at him?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Thoughtless posted:

I feel like I'm being willfully dense here but I really don't know what this is saying.

China is a swamp creature and trump is draining the swamp

It is as stupid as it sounds

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

War Wizard posted:

There's a lot of butt hurt guys that are super upset they didn't get a say in their circumcision. I'm really not particularly sure why it matters, I've always figured they just fetishize how uncut looks.

I'm not sure how it makes me butthurt or fetishy to wish I hadn't had part of my penis cut off as a baby

It sucks that what should be such a non brainer issue for everything but religiously motivated circumcisions is being championed by MRA shitheads

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Somfin posted:

Perfect username for the post, thanks for your oh-so-important input on this loving vital matter that really brutally impacts so many people.

Nothing can truly matter unless it is the most important issue in the world

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

AGC

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I can understand how someone could have the opinion "Garland bad" or even "9 months isn't too far away from the election to wait" but jesus christ how can anyone have the opinion "Obama nominating a supreme court justice is unconstitutional"?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Yes, all those millions of people advocating completely unvetted immigration sure are idiots, huh

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Excuse me, what?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Pants Donkey posted:

I honestly don't get that Lester. Feminists are going to end up in burqas or something?

It's "How dare American women complain about problems women face in America, when the middle east is so much worse for women" concern trolling

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Holy poo poo I just thought that Rall was the densest, most self-absorbed motherfucker on the planet, I didn't realize he was also a Russian propogandist

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Starving Wolf posted:

Ah yes, because armed resistance against the mongol horde worked so well for everyone in Europe. This is just a poorly thought out metaphor, too. If you're a racist shithead trying to make a point about immigration (?), wouldn't the later Muslim attempts to breach into Europe be a more apt background?

I mean, it sorta did? They didn't really make it that far into Europe because of the death of the Khan making them all turn around and do some politicking, but if I remember my history right an alliance of various German princes did hold off the Mongols long enough for them to receive the news and go home. (It's likely that Germany was relatively unconquerable for the Mongols because the high humidity did a number on their composite bows but that's a separate concern).

The real reason that the cartoon is moronic is because refugees aren't, yknow, an army.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Xander77 posted:

So everything up (and kinda including) Hungary isn't Europe anymore?

The claim I was responding to was that resistance was futile and accomplished nothing. It demonstrably accomplished something (at least) once. That period of history isn't my strong suit though so I am fully prepared to be owned on how my memory of the German battle is completely wrong!

The Red Panels comic that spawned the discussion is stupid regardless of whether fighting back against the Mongols ever worked or not.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/22/media/trump-media-trust-quinnipiac/index.html

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Nonsense, this is an election year

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Just want to add my two cents that I like how the new King Possum megaposts mean we see a truer cross section of the medium rather than just nothing but thread "favorites"

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Discendo Vox posted:

FWIW this would, iirc, get you to medium/medium well.

I'll take my chances with the horrible diseases

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Did Chip Bok come out in favor of authoritarianism?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ularg posted:

Says a lot that even Ramirez can't make a flattering portrait of Trump. Or maybe I set the bar too high because of Garrison.

Ramirez doesn't draw anybody flatteringly. He spent 8 years blowing George W and his caricature was a monstrosity as bad as Wormbama

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm the republican majority flexing after a major setback to republican policy in congress

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I like all the right wing cartoonists (or is it just Ramirez repeating himself? I'm not sure) acting like filibustering Gorsuch is petty politics but doing the same to Garland wasn't.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

serious question, has tinsley ever texted

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Spiders are cool, bees are cool, ants are cool

Termites are cool but gross

Those are my cool arthropod opinions

e: I forgot crabs, those are cool arthropods too

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

"Get the loving off my lawn"

I also would prefer people keep their outdoor orgies to their own property

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
There are three cartoons I think of when I think how dumb Rob Smith Jr. is. Incredibly, none of them have been posted yet--we've had an entire dump of his work without even scratching the surface of how incredibly moronic he is.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I actually forgot about fired forever. I was thinking about the scientist throwing his research in the garbage because he didn't build that.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
While we're reminiscing about incredibly dumb cartoons, let's enjoy this blast from the past:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Branco is dense more than truly moronic; that is, I get the feeling he devotes no thought to his cartoons. This is as opposed to Rob Smith, who clearly spends a great deal of mental energy to being the dumbest motherfucker on the planet.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Saint Sputnik posted:

Someone post that Rob Smith Jr "I <3 Israel,,, apple pie and ice cream" cartoon

I can't find it but I'm pretty sure that one was Branco

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Whatever Bok is trying to say in that cartoon I'm pretty sure it's stupid, even if I can't tell what it is

e: I have this response to Bok a lot

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
That Bok is impressively dense

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Also, his art hurts to look at

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

I'm kinda annoyed at the Gorsuch cartoons on both sides. Neither Democrats nor Republicans are doing something shocking or unreasonable given their positions. Neither filibustering Gorsuch nor going nuclear is killing the senate, or killing justice, or whatever the gently caress the cartoonists are drawing it as.

Like, Gorsuch is going to be bad for our country but going nuclear to force him in isn't loving mounting justice's head over your hearth.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

HootTheOwl posted:

I think when you factor in Garland, what the republicans did here is an existential threat to America.

The cartoon I quoted but with the newspaper reading "Mitch blocks Garland" would be a much better cartoon, I agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

HootTheOwl posted:

Perhaps I misunderstood, but I thought you were attacking both sides for making mountains out of molehills which I countered with "Yes but the democratic molehill is built upon an actual mountain."

The cartoons have been presenting it as "going nuclear is inherently an unacceptable breech of protocol" when in reality it's an incremental expansion of Harry Reid's nukes, and the elimination of the filibuster altogether would be a de facto reversion to earlier times when the filibuster was used much more sparingly. It feels disingenuous to talk about the filibuster as an inherent good just because our side is the one using it right now--the exact same people were almost certainly lamenting it back in 2006 and 2007.

That's why I think cartoons presenting the whole empty seat debacle as an unacceptable power grab by Republicans are fine, but ones that zero in on McConnel nuking are bad cartoons.

• Locked thread