Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Dude's got solid art, but I love this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Ularg posted:

I think I hate the "It's just an election, you'll live!" Republicans the most. Considering they spent the Obama years crying antichrist and they don't have to deal with a VP that wants to torture you straight.

Nah, I think it's the "you're only crying about the electoral college because it didn't do its job" angle that's the worst. You just know these hypocrites would be screaming bloody murder if the popular vote had carried the day.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
Holy gently caress.

Like, there's a joke political party in New Zealand, that was active until 1999. The McGillicuddy Serious Party. One of its proposed policy changes was enforcing driving on the right-hand side of the road, to be phased in over the course of four years, starting with the heaviest vehicles.

They are somehow more reasonable than what is actually going on in India if Nenonen's info is correct.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

TheBigAristotle posted:

Easily her worst gif, timing-wise.

You're right.

I just popped it open and adjusted some of the timings. Not particularly high-effort, either.

I think it's an improvement. (one of those frames was 10 seconds long, Jesus fuckin' Christ Telnaes)

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

:drat:

Luckovich going hard is always a good thing to see.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
Oh, wow. It's a Tinsley that I don't hate and is probably correct and suggests an acknowledgment of the past and an understanding of change! Holy loving poo poo this is strange and confusing, give me something that shows a dangerous lack of understanding.

That's the good stuff. Terminally confused fuckwit brings up one of America's ongoing international atrocities as a punchline. Also, yeah. Trump's in control of Guantanamo Bay now.

Jesus loving christ I need a drink.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Playstation 4 posted:

I'm pretty Absinthsly's point was that it'll be a dead fad we mock like car phones.

I think his point was 'future versions are going to be easier to use and look way cooler compared to those dorky things' which, yeah, I hope so.

Kerning Chameleon posted:

You will always look like a toolkit wearing one no matter when you buy it, sorry.

Eh. If I wait, I won't be out a grand when the fad dies out.

Somfin fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jan 5, 2017

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
I'm in!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

hooman posted:

I would make this edit myself but I think it's yours to change. But please change that door to read "Gay Abortions Clinic"

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
Adam4d still angry that nubile vixens aren't giving him sloppy blowjobs for being faithful to his wife, I see. Seriously dude, if your marriage is a burden that is causing you so much agony that you think sticking together is some sort of triumph, end it.

More importantly, how the gently caress is "boy holding a sword" supposed to be positive? Jesus wasn't exactly a violence-is-good sort of dude.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Okay I don't know if anyone has called this yet but it seems to me that it's way more likely that the guys who came up with this whole 'pizzagate' thing are actual pedophiles trying to covertly broadcast their covering jargon in the dumbest way possible, rather than investigative sleuths putting together some crazy conspiracy.

Also for someone who worked for Disney and Sesame Street, Dees sure likes showing injured and terrified kids in compromising positions.

Like, I'm not saying Dees is definitely a pedophile. I'm just saying that if I was gonna accuse someone of being a pedophile, I'd say "Makes art of kids in compromising positions" is a solid place to start. Like that one artist who draws ultra-sexualised underage girls sucking cocks and being exploited but then he swaps out the cocks for cell phones and all of a sudden it's legal to put it on Facebook.

Somfin fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jan 10, 2017

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
The real scandal here is that Trump couldn't muster the necessary urine to piss in that bed himself.

Please let every loving cartoon about Trump have him with wet pants from now until the end of his presidency. Smugbama was a meme for 8 loving years, long may the four-year reign of the Trump Shower be remembered.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Cat Mattress posted:

Yes you can prove logic exists.

Ah but can you prove logic exists without using logic QED nerd

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
Yeah, Obama, always adorning himself in gold and calling himself the best ever.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
Tinsley just sad that no-one will mourn his passing.
Did, uh

Is this set of numbers a policy that can legally be called an insurance policy post-ACA? I thought that companies were voluntarily cancelling that poo poo, hence the "keep your doctor" nontroversy.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

World Famous W posted:

One last reminder: Gay Abortions end tomorrow night at midnight EST. You have a day left to get your votes in.

Thank you so much for doing this. Good god the cartoons were bad last year. gently caress.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
Pre-emptive Gay Abortion award category for 2017- Worst Puppet Cartoon.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It should really be called the "No Puppet, You're the puppet!" Award.

The Jeff Dunham Prize for worst puppet.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

loquacius posted:

Can someone marginally nerdier than me explain whether there is actual ideological significance in the waifus chosen for each person or is it just random

The series ends with a movie where the creators viciously call out the sort of creepy fuckers who actually thought that "which one would you choose" was a valid line of inquiry. Especially since two of them are underage abuse victims and the third is a self-destructive alcoholic. The idea of seeing those three as interchangeable sexualised waifus was something that the movie took pains to attack.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
Shoulda done a caricature for the face. And their twitter syntax is all over the place.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
Okay quick question

How much are those rent-a-protesters being paid in these folks' fevered imaginations

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Fulchrum posted:

Not to knock Doctor King, but that third one is very clearly bullshit.

To ignore evil is to become an accomplice to it?

No, dude, I think if you can help stop a bad thing and choose to instead say the thing isn't bad, you're siding with that thing.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Extensive Vamping posted:

Oh, it's definitely Political, and I am fully prepared to become the thread's chew toy. All right, here goes nothing:

There are 4 strips so far.

Page is at https://www.facebook.com/LamestreamTedium. And thanks in advance for constructive criticism!

Microsoft Word 95 is a terrible medium for creating cartoons.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Oh my god. Best Bad Reporter in a while.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Samurai Sanders posted:

My god what is that massive bulge in his head?

In season 8 he got a magical demonic tombstone lodged in his brain sideways. That's why the back of his head is all square.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Frankenstein is an fitting choice for an increasingly mixed-race character created specifically out of massive hubris, who we continually refer to by the name of the creator.

Well done, Stantallie.

Pity I can't tell what the gently caress your comic is trying to say.

E:

Erenthal posted:

Oh wow, this is just such a wonderfully succint demonstration of current right-wing ideology, where money and the ownership of the means of production are entirely cut out of the power equation. Politicians, journalists, academics and celebrities are now the ruling class alone. Billionaries and CEOs are simply put-upon workers. People who with a swipe of the stylus on their smartphones can shutter a factory, make 50.000 people unemployed and kill an entire city? Powerless, compared to BIG ACADEMIA and SNOTTY CELEBRITES. It's clever, well constructed and sadly very effective in western political discourse today.

It's interesting how the right has accepted that the class war is real.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Eric Allie's output for the last three or four months:

1. MADIGAN MORE LIKE BADIGAN

2. LET'S GO TO A PLACE

Alternate between 1 and 2 depending on whether he's drawing his own poo poo or Prickly City.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
If he believes that people who are different deserve punishment, he should practice what he preaches and suck it up.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Ularg posted:

TFR, they mostly either shoot at gun ranges or play airsoft. The one I met seemed like he wasn't a white nationalist, just very fond of the look of Nazi Germany. Not sure how far the line blurs but maybe I shouldn't just poo poo talk another goon. Was funny though he never wanted to play anything other than Germany when we LANed Company of Heroes.

He ended up buying me one of these, which took a bit for my brain to make the connection, but maybe I'm reaching:

(I got extremely lucky with google as there was a sticker on the back of this for the item number)

Nope, that's straight-up a Totenkopf skull. The weirdly short, blunt crossbones behind the skull, the slightly saggy right eye socket, and the 3/4 angle are the giveaway.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Nenonen posted:

I think we just reached peak mr. internet toughguyism

The dam's broken, duder. Someone actually punched an internet tough guy who deserved it, and as a result the guy who got punched ran away crying and trying to make sure his hair was still pretty for the cameras.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
I'm increasingly thinking that the punch was a completely cocked-up false flag operation by the alt-right.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Fulchrum posted:

"Here's the plan. I go up there, talk like a dick head, get punched and run away crying. Then everyone laughs at me while our followers have to try and ignore how much of a coward I look like. It's foolproof".

Nah, I mean he was supposed to get "assaulted" and then bravely take down his evil SJW assailant to show how strong the Alt Right really is, but it turned out that when push comes to shove he's a whiny little flop-haired bitch who can't take a punch even if it's planned ahead of time. Now he's on damage control, his base hates him, and the Left has learned that Nazis getting the bash is meme fodder to surpass Metal Gear.

The fact that he was talking about memes when the attacker struck is my main evidence.

itskage posted:

Some simple word swapping:

Nazism requires violence and destruction of other viewpoints. Islam is able to coexist. Your swap choice is troubling.

Also yeah if you change the words in a post it changes the meaning of that post, hold up dude

itskage posted:

Literally kill all Muslims

Woah dude why would you say that I only had to change four words, doesn't that make you think you might be harbouring some dangerous slippery slope urges???

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

mandatory lesbian posted:

thats real dumb nitpicking, or are you gonna tsk tsk at someone for not capitalizing christian or jewish

When a guy decides to sub in a religious group for a hate group in his violent fantasies, every little touch of disdain adds to the flavour.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Kerning Chameleon posted:

If this is the case, then we're perma hosed, because in elections, what we lefties think doesn't matter, and what the hard right think doesn't matter, those two groups are set in stone. What matters is the swing voters in battleground states think. And when they saw that video, they overwhelmingly thought "Hey, the not-nazis resorted to violence? Doesn't help their case, maybe that guy and his friends have a point." And then the voters in Florida and Pennsylvania and Michigan vote for the nazis again because they didn't resort to violence to win debates.

Democracy apparently cannot survive if swing voters think punching nazis is bad.

That is... entirely wrong.

Like, I can't see a single sentence in here that isn't wrong in some way.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

itskage posted:

The fact that I picked Muslims (there I right clicked it) is superfluous. I don't even know why it's relevant unless you're just trying to nit pick at everything I say instead of listening to my argument. My only point is one group is advocating violence against another group which is the exact thing everyone saying is what makes Nazi's so bad. Sure genocide is way worse than a punch in the face. But I don't think anyone would disagree that a Nazi would say something like "you see someone who is definitely [ethnic group] and you want to punch them even though that's legally assault, I applaud rather than scold you for doing so". I just can't get on board with random acts of violence. Like I said where do you draw the line?

When the group in question is openly and inherently advocating genocide. This is not that loving difficult. The line is really loving clear.

Does Islam openly and inherently advocate genocide? No.

Do Christians openly and inherently advocate genocide? No.

Do Nazis openly and inherently advocate genocide? Yes.

Jesus.

Also, let's see here.

itskage posted:

the exact thing everyone saying is what makes Nazi's so bad

No no, see, violence isn't the loving thing, it's the part where they think entire ethnic, racial and religious groups shouldn't loving exist. They cannot abide the existence of other races in non-slave roles.

In order to be a Nazi you need to believe this.

E: Also, quick ad-hominem centre mass shot here, capitalisation is not that loving hard, stop pretending treating a major religion with the same respect you give the goddamned Nazis is a burden.

Somfin fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jan 24, 2017

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

KillerJunglist posted:

Did this thread seriously debate "punching nazi: good or bad?" for like four pages?

Only because we didn't resort to pointless little ad-hominem body-shots sooner, apparently.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Wall Street/The NWO and Antifa/Anarchists are united by their common enemy, Dipshit Donald.

Except that Wall Street has already proven that they have him bent around their little finger.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Ooh, yeah, that's the poo poo, Tinsley.

See, the wonderful thing is, he's only angry about it because it was a white victim.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Donald Trump is 70 years old.

Donald Trump is the oldest American president ever elected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jay Rust posted:

Forgive my ignorance but in what contexts is a white supremacist not a neo-Nazi?

To play the devil's most assuredly regretful advocate, I think there's an important difference between 'white people are better than other people' and 'white people are the only people who should exist.'

All neo-Nazis are white supremacists, but there's a lot of background-noise white supremacy in western cultures that doesn't quite rise to the level of outright neo-Nazism.

• Locked thread