Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Capntastic posted:

Mei in the pocket of the global elites

I mean they ARE Satanists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
I'm glad I live in a place where I don't have to decide which type of vermin I would prefer to allow in my home.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

But who signs the note?

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

I recall seeing this one posted over a year ago. It was dumb then too.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Does Zelda go between metric and imperial in the original translation as well? Is it common over there to use miles for shorthand in some scenarios?

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Keiya posted:

Them remaining in power is unrealistic. Not because they're women, but because the entire nobility in GoT is so loving lovely that the peasants would have revolted long ago and gotten rid of them, male and female alike.

Friend have I got some bad news for you about Feudalism.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Starshark posted:

Is that supposed to be a swastika in the bubble that says 'media'?

That's the "Zionazi" symbol that can be occasionally seen at anti-Israel protests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Zanzibar Ham posted:

"Kill a Turk and rest." - an actual Israeli proverb

Never heard of this one so I looked up the origin of the phrase (from a joke):

quote:

A Jewish mother says farewell to her son, who has been drafted into the Czar's army and goes to fight against Turkey in 1877. She is of course very worried about her son's welfare. While she is packing his knapsack, she says to him: "Listen, when you get to the front, kill a Turk, and rest. Kill a Turk, and rest."
"But Mother," replies the son, "what happens if while I'm resting, the Turk kills me?"
"Good God," says the mother, horrified, "what does the Turk have against you?"

From: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.haaretz.com/amp/print-edition/opinion/what-does-the-turk-have-against-us-1.136059

Kinda weird that that part ended up being a proverb. The punchline would be way better (if still offensive).

• Locked thread